Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: S6 conversion to RS6

Also, I'm compiling a detailed list of mods performed, components and stats, etc. that I hope to post up here once I've finished it.
    2012 Q7 TDI S-Line - 2010 GTI - 2007 A3 3.2 S-Line - 2003 RS6
    2001 Honda S2000 - 1977 Honda CBR 750-F2 - 1965 GMC 1500 WideSide

Wow. Tough move. I don't know if I could put that much "love" in to a ride and then part with it shortly afterwards. What's on the bucket list next?
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Hi guys, I bought Steve's car yesterday. I will post an introduction thread and take some pictures when I have more time. I am a long time Audi enthusiast, this is my 10th quattro. A couple of years ago I bought a C5 S6, which replaced a '95.5 C4 S6 avant. I liked it so much that I wanted a manual version. I have known Steve for a few years, checked out the black car last year at Carlisle, never thought I'd be in a position to eventually own it. I asked Steve about doing a conversion, then we discussed the RS6A. I test drove it in December and we agreed on a price. Steve then continued to fine tune it to the point where he was happy. He obviously put his heart and soul into this car, I hope to be a worthy caretaker.
    '02 RS6 Avant conversion
    '03 S8 Avus
    '89 964

Welcome to the joys of ownership. Steve's S6/RS6 Avant clone is well done indeed. Going to be able to get me an OEM one here in another year depending on funds.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Quote Originally Posted by SteveKen View Post
    Last picture taken was of the modification I did to the climate control unit. I replaced the worn tacky buttons with the pre-tacky ones. The results surprised me, as I thought that it's would be negatively noticeable.

Not bad, however.
    Hi Steve, can you expand a bit on the button-fix? Is pre-tacky from a different year? Is it easy to swap them out?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    Welcome to the joys of ownership. Steve's S6/RS6 Avant clone is well done indeed. Going to be able to get me an OEM one here in another year depending on funds.
    hopefully we can arrange a group buy!!!
    ECU/TCU chip, Euro Recaro's, KW 3's, Wagners, Venair hoses, Dahlback diverters, Hotchkis sways, Phaeton ducts, lower spoilers, custom vent's in hood

Quote Originally Posted by bakes View Post
    hopefully we can arrange a group buy!!!
    It will be a tight fit to get 3 in a container, but I would round out that group (depending on timing)! :-)

Just a quick ? did you upgrade the rear brakes also, and if so what carriers did you use. I'm trying the rear brake upgrade on my c5 s6 but the rs6 carriers do not line up.

The rear RS6 require the steel spindle from a RS6 or Allroad. Possibly other models but I'm not sure. The hub has to be a rs6 wide body due to the offset of the rotors.
    Current Rides:
    2000 Toyota Celica GT-S Supercharged | 2000 Audi S4 Stage 3 | 2008 Audi TT 3.2 | 2003 Audi RS6 Avant

Quote Originally Posted by Korben007 View Post
    The rear RS6 require the steel spindle from a RS6 or Allroad. Possibly other models but I'm not sure. The hub has to be a rs6 wide body due to the offset of the rotors.
    The rear spindles fro the RS6 must be used to implement the RS6 rear brakes and rotors. The tie rods are also different and have to be used from the allroad or the RS6.
    2012 Q7 TDI S-Line - 2010 GTI - 2007 A3 3.2 S-Line - 2003 RS6
    2001 Honda S2000 - 1977 Honda CBR 750-F2 - 1965 GMC 1500 WideSide

Congrats and welcome; take lots of pics as they seem to be sorely lacking anytime someone puts together an awesome build ;-)
    2017 Subaru BRZ Limited w/ Performance Pack 6MT
    2003 Audi RS 6 quattro 5AT - sold