Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tune and exhaust

Tune and exhaust

Now that all the codes are gone I would like to know what company's people on here are using for tuning/chipping? I saw that APR and ECS sells tunes for our cars,anyone else? Seems like they both sell the same exact thing. Also who sells a good sounding exhaust for our cars? Any youtube videos I can watch to get a idea of the sound? Or if someone on here has a exhaust on their car do you have a video of your car? Im looking to do some upgrading to the car and would like more power. Seems like a tune/chip and exhaust would be the right start. Anything else I could do? I really want this done before waterfest because I would like to race when I go there.

Contact rich@vipertuning.com best in my opinion for the price! I had a euro charge and it was crap and they didnt wanna work with me customer service wise. Viper does a TCU chip as well. If you can find some catless downpipes just get those. i want them but cant justify spending the money to have them put on!
    2003 RS6//Fully Adjustable Suspension//VIPER ECU&TCU//Daytona Gray-Black
    Fully straight piped from the turbos to tips!
    Apikol Intake and D.O. Dual Nozzle Stage 2 Meth Kit

Where would I find the catless downpipes? What kind of benefits will I get? You mentioned about putting them in, is that something I can do myself? I dont need to drop the engine for this do I?

Here is an example of custom exhausts

EPL (European Performance Labs) in Stratford, CT. They do remote tuning too..no chipping.
    2013 Audi S8

Quote Originally Posted by dre View Post
    Where would I find the catless downpipes? What kind of benefits will I get? You mentioned about putting them in, is that something I can do myself? I dont need to drop the engine for this do I?
    Most people get $1000 for catless downpipes. I think Milltek makes them. You can make your own too, just need the flanges. I think my catless downpipes got me an additional 20-30whp. You dont have to remove the engine, but you have to lower it a bit as you can't get to the upper bolts...
    2013 Audi S8

Here's what you get when there are no mufflers or resonators.

I think you should contact AMD and see if he's willing to do a tune for an automatic car.
    2012 Q7 TDI S-Line - 2010 GTI - 2007 A3 3.2 S-Line - 2003 RS6
    2001 Honda S2000 - 1977 Honda CBR 750-F2 - 1965 GMC 1500 WideSide

Pretty sure EPL tunes for AMD.
    2013 Audi S8

I've got the Milltek Catless downpipes and yea, they were about $1100 shipped from the UK. They sound great, are very good quality (Stainless of course), weight 11# less for the pair (no cats), and they are about 1/4" larger diameter than the stock pipes. Yea, they probably gained about 20bhp and add a slight increase in sound (in a good way), about the same noise at cruise, just slightly louder at idle and when you step on it.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

You're new to this game eh? So, catless pipes opens up exhaust flow, turbos spool better, bit more power. You don't have to remove engine, but certainly move it some, and it can be nasty where the DP's bolt up, tough. I ran high flow cat's on my old wrx, not sure I like the extra emissions from removing the cats, plus you have to get the o2 sensor coded out with a custom tune. Are your exhaust tips silver or black? The black is SE which is a factory upgrade.

I thought I've heard good stuff about EC tuning...

As far as power mods, I really like the water meth, allows to run a bit higher tune for more power, and helps to cool in general.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by audiprotn View Post
    Here is an example of custom exhausts
    OMG I want!!! Who did the exhausts????

apr chip for ecu and triptronic. Great results for the price around 2k. APR chip has multiple modes, left foot braking and with the aces iv additive running at the 100 octane setting is such a smile inducing behavior. Almost like a new car.

I couldn't justify spending money on exhaust when it buys you 10 or 20 more hp.

Quote Originally Posted by makaveli42 View Post
    OMG I want!!! Who did the exhausts????
    I would say they are 3x louder in real life

Another Audi fellow, he owns an exhaust shop. Its located on the border of IL and IN (25 min away from DownTown CHI).
    Let me know if you are interested and willing to make a trip.

Quote Originally Posted by audiprotn View Post
    I would say they are 3x louder in real life

Another Audi fellow, he owns an exhaust shop. Its located on the border of IL and IN (25 min away from DownTown CHI).
    Let me know if you are interested and willing to make a trip.

For sure interested...I live just a little south of Indianapolis, IN. What's his pricing?

Nope not new, just want to make sure I do this right. I dont want to make unsafe mods to the car and pay for it later, and we can all contest that our cars get pricey to fix. From what I`m seeing on here I have a good idea on who to contact. BTW makaveli42 that custom exhaust sounds freaking amazing! Whats the contact info for the shop where it got done? Is that custom exhaust with catless pipes? Any info on the exhaust you can give?

Nope not new, just want to make sure I do this right. I dont want to make unsafe mods to the car and pay for it later, and we can all contest that our cars get pricey to fix. From what I`m seeing on here I have a good idea on who to contact. BTW makaveli42 that custom exhaust sounds freaking amazing! Whats the contact info for the shop where it got done? Is that custom exhaust with catless pipes? Any info on the exhaust you can give?
    where are you located DRE?

Strong words to say Eurocharge tune is crap. Problems with customer service may be one thing but the actual tune is top notch. I have the data logs to show Eurocharge as one of the good tunes.

Eurocharge RS6 tune is good.
    Viper tune is good and has the added feature of TCU and left foot braking.
    APR tune is good with left foot braking and TCU chip.
    EPL also has had good results.

I will leave it at that. Plenty of good choices.

What Mr Hall said. Plus I have a complete Milltek system on my car and love it. PM me for prices and other options like, tip color, resonators, etc.
    2003 Rs6 Mugello/Ebony Eurocharged/APR R1 DV's/RNS-E/KW-v3/Hotchkis/Full Milltek Cat-less/Apikol IC's/D.O. water-meth/ 6 speed SOLD!! Next???