Thread: New Wheels!

New Wheels!

Gents (and Ladies?),

I've taken my RS6 in a new direction after long considerations. I think this car is gorgeous "as-is" but wanted to try something different for a while. I normally would have never ordered these wheels from the factory, but because I saw a good deal on them I picked them up on Audizine. They are HRE 20's in matte black, and to make it "fit" the car I pasti-dipped the chrome accents to match. I've gotten some positive and negative reviews, but thought I would offer it up to a larger audience for more feedback. To be fair, they look a lot less interesting in pictures because it is hard (from an iphone) to show the depth in the wheels, etc., as they are matte black. In person you get a much better sense for the architecture of the wheels and the car...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RS6 2.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	92.3 KB 
ID:	13810Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RS6 3.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	97.2 KB 
ID:	13811

Works good with the other matte parts, not too blacked out, sweet!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Don't throw stones, but for some reason, I hate black dubs (on any car, not just yours) and I don't know why...Love the rest though.

lswing - that is exactly my takeway at this point...I like it for a change and its not "too black." Frankly, in person the matte black actually looks more like a really dark grey. I figured these are wheels that will really hold their value and I can always powder coat them later on a tire change. Plus the black on the car can come right off since it is plasti-dipped.

905084 - I'm typically with you on this as well...but again the "deal" on the wheels sold me on giving them a try, and in person I have been surprised by how much I actuall like it...but can definitely see going with something different in the future.
    Avus on Ebony RS6 | Revo Stage 2; MTM TCU; Miltek Catback; Hotckis Sways; Stratmosphere Diverter Valves; Stasis Ohlins; Apikol Rear Diff;

Hey, if I got a deal, mine would look just like yours. Enjoy!

I have the same wheel, but chose silver. What is your configuration?
    Mine is 19x9 et29.

With KW v3s:

Last edited by nene; April 30th, 2013 at 00:03.

Those look fantastic...Would love to see it with a slight drop.

I would have preferred 19x9, but again these were off another car so I had no choice if I wanted to benefit from the pricing. Mine are 20x10 et 26. The car definitely feels slightly less quick, but handles "better." When I have to get new tread I may powder coat to a brushed charcoal look...
    Avus on Ebony RS6 | Revo Stage 2; MTM TCU; Miltek Catback; Hotckis Sways; Stratmosphere Diverter Valves; Stasis Ohlins; Apikol Rear Diff;

Looks good. I think 19's look best on our cars though. And the brushed Aluminum mirrors are Trademark RS. I would not have touched those. But overall looks good. I am thinking of Darkening my wheels also, I think it gives the car a more aggressive (I mean business) look. But every time I look at the car in it's current configuration, I change my mind. I dunno...................

03 RS6, VIPER ECU, MTM TCU, Milltek Full Catless Non Res setup from Turbos to the boxes(ROAR'S), H&R Coilovers, Hotchkiss ARB's, 19x10's with 275-30-19 PSS's at each corner, Kenwood 9960 Head unit, V1 Radar Locator. 517 Trans Rebuild, ScrollProducts Turbo Rebuild.

I think they look awesome. The car looks perfect from the rear 3/4 view. Only thing I would do differently is that I would've left the side views and rings silver, and done the silver grill/window trim in black. Great choice on the wheels though and nice car. (edit) And clear corners*
    EPL Stage 3 B5 S4
    6mt Ultrasport K04 & Bolt-ons Daily
    2.7t 6mt A6 Parts Car ;)

The other benefit of a matt black finish is the brake dust issue won't be as bad as it is with sliver!!! I ride with gunmetal rims in the summer but am contemplating getting them finished in a sliver one winter as I am a big fan of siliver...the matt black definitely looks better with other parts of the car done that way as well!
    ECU/TCU chip, Euro Recaro's, KW 3's, Wagners, Venair hoses, Dahlback diverters, Hotchkis sways, Phaeton ducts, lower spoilers, custom vent's in hood

I personally am not a big fan of the shiny or brushed mirrors, so that's my favorite part. I just had all my trim for the Avant powdercoated matte black and can't wait to get to the point where I reinstall them. The only shiny pieces on mine will be the rings.
    2012 Q7 TDI S-Line - 2010 GTI - 2007 A3 3.2 S-Line - 2003 RS6
    2001 Honda S2000 - 1977 Honda CBR 750-F2 - 1965 GMC 1500 WideSide

Quote Originally Posted by nene View Post
    I have the same wheel, but chose silver. What is your configuration?
    Mine is 19x9 et29.

With KW v3s:

Love the 19's . Here, not so much. Ummmm, the red calipers?? I'll leave that to the gallery.

Not horrible...but wouldn't wanna keep em clean though...
    2013 Audi S8

Please post a picture when you do!
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveKen View Post
    I personally am not a big fan of the shiny or brushed mirrors, so that's my favorite part. I just had all my trim for the Avant powdercoated matte black and can't wait to get to the point where I reinstall them. The only shiny pieces on mine will be the rings.

There are many ways to "change up" the look a little bit...I was toying with this idea but felt the window trim was being brushed looked ok with the Avus...Either way its just plasti-dip and it can be changed again!

Elevens - your car has always looked "perfect" to me...I would have gone with a silver or gun metal had I the option. We still should catch up at some point...I live in Delray Beach!

Yea Monty we should get together at some point in time. USP motorsports in Coral Springs has Audi-VW get togethers a few times though out the year. I'll let you know and maybe we can hook up then.........................
    03 RS6, VIPER ECU, MTM TCU, Milltek Full Catless Non Res setup from Turbos to the boxes(ROAR'S), H&R Coilovers, Hotchkiss ARB's, 19x10's with 275-30-19 PSS's at each corner, Kenwood 9960 Head unit, V1 Radar Locator. 517 Trans Rebuild, ScrollProducts Turbo Rebuild.