Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need some serious advice and help on this one..

I sold my transmission to another forum member, who seemingly has more TQ than a John Deere. He claims to be able to do it. Hopefully we will hear...
    2013 Audi S8

I suppose with anything the more you hammer on it, the more the wear. Say you had two identical trans, one getting 500tq, the other 650tq, the 650tq could certainly last longer depending on fluid/care/driving habits. There are a few good ways to stress the trans, too bad it's so much fun!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    I suppose with anything the more you hammer on it, the more the wear. Say you had two identical trans, one getting 500tq, the other 650tq, the 650tq could certainly last longer depending on fluid/care/driving habits. There are a few good ways to stress the trans, too bad it's so much fun!
    I understand your logic, however, if the 500tq transmission received the same fluid/care/driving habits as the 650tq transmission, it would last much longer...
    2013 Audi S8

Quote Originally Posted by ttboost View Post
    Yeesh..Did that quote come with a condom? I wouldn't let Fairfield Audi put air in my tires.
    Certainly comes with a reach around....
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down