Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for lower mileage RS6

Looking for lower mileage RS6

Hi,
    Long time lurker..finally ready to buy. I am interested in a lower mileage (not more than 75K - 80K) RS6. I had reached out to a couple of members who seemed to have their cars for sale but haven't heard back. I found a couple of cars on eBay (one in South Carolina and another one in Texas).If anyone has any info on these cars, any input would be appreciated.

RS6 in Texas
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Audi-...item5654e0b596

RS6 in South Carolina
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Audi-...item2c6dc3d38f

Thanks in Advance!

Chandra
    Last edited by Cmnair; April 15th, 2013 at 19:18.

Chandra,

Welcome! I lurked for 4 years before purchasing and I found out a ton about these beasts.
    Can you update your location on your profile so others know where you are at? Thanks!

I am blocked from Ebay at work so I can't see the details of the above cars, hence these questions:
    Have you narrowed down your exterior color?
    Have you looked at SearchTempest.com (searches all C/L listings)
    Have you looked at Autotrader? This w/s will send you alerts when one comes up or is close.

One thing to remember:
    At the mileage that you are selecting, the timing belt might be due as it is typically around 75k miles. It isn't a deal breaker but it is something to consider when negociating.
    Also, a warranty will be your friend.
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

ben916,
    Thanks for the input...I am in Long Island, NY (updated my location). My preference would be Mugello Blue or Avus Silver. I am looking on Autotrader, but I found these two listings on ebay, the one in SC (75,000 miles) has had all major service done including timing belt, plus DRC recall etc. It also seems to be stock. I was just wondering if anyone on the forums knew the history/background of these cars.

I would rather buy from an enthusiast on this forum if anyone has a car to sell.

Thanks,
    Chandra

Texas car has been listed for a long time. I would be cautious

SC has been out there as well. Paint work and poor door fit on the SC car. I would be cautious

In general, RS6s at your local auction car lot are not the best place to buy. These cars are getting long on the tooth and not many 1st or 2nd owners left. And not many with extended warranty.

I dont know your intended use for the car but buying a daily driver that has not been serviced by 1st/2nd owner and had extended warranty all its life is like playing with fire. Even if the above is met your playing with fire. These are expensive cars to maintain and not many people have a clue how to maintain them.

I will never own another one but I did manage to get and keep 2 good ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmnair View Post
    Hi,
    Long time lurker..finally ready to buy. I am interested in a lower mileage (not more than 75K - 80K) RS6. I had reached out to a couple of members who seemed to have their cars for sale but haven't heard back. I found a couple of cars on eBay (one in South Carolina and another one in Texas).If anyone has any info on these cars, any input would be appreciated.

RS6 in Texas
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Audi-...item5654e0b596

RS6 in South Carolina
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Audi-...item2c6dc3d38f

Thanks in Advance!

Chandra

Region in NY. What is the budget? Daily driver only car?

Really these cars need to be personally inspected and tested with a VagCom before purchase. Too much risk at hand. Dealers generally will not Vag or data log the car on a PPI. It must be done. IMHO

I would pay a local RS6.com owner to go over and inspect the car your looking at. And have them Vag the car with data logs. Pay up to 300 for that service. I would not vary from that standard one letter.

Smile

I am in Suffolk County, Long Island NY. Budget within $25K, car will not be a daily driver. I have access to a certified Audi Tech (independent shop) who has experience with these cars. Again, i would prefer to purchase from someone on this forum...anyone has a car to sell?

take your time and one will pop up with your requirements...
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

I have a slight interest in possibly selling mine..This may fade after I check out another vehicle this week. I could not do the 25k though as mine has alot of upgrades. It is Avus Silver, 54K miles, belt/H2O pump/gasket service being done on 4/29/13, Wagner intercoolers, Labree downpipes, MTM stage 2, MTM TCU, 19" Forgestar rims in titanium finish (no curb rash), new 265 PSS's, new Carbon Fiber interior, Newer stereo system ($3K+), New brakes, Stainless Rear exhaust, always serviced with 505.01 oil, etc...
    I may go with a lighter vehicle as I live over a mountain and need something that is better with that aspect. The car is awesome on the highways, I just never use it there but once in a blue moon.

I might be open for discussing selling my RS6. I have a bit over 59K on it and the last service performed was the 55K. I have all maintenance history. Color is black/black. There is some paint damage primarily around the read wheel arches from being blasted by road debry. No dings or significant scratches. It has the cold weather package and sound enhancing exhaust. There is a built in K40-2000 radar/laser system custom installed that has saved my ass several times. I have a Fidelity platinum exclusionary warranty that is good through the end of Sep '14 that you could purchase from me at cost. I also have an additional set of HRE rims mounted with brand new Michelin PSS 275/30/19 that would be for sale if interested.

Send me a pm if you are serious and we'll continue this discussion off the forum.

Looking for an auto or a stick? What is your timeline?
    2013 Audi S8

Quote Originally Posted by formula1man View Post
    I have a slight interest in possibly selling mine..This may fade after I check out another vehicle this week. I could not do the 25k though as mine has alot of upgrades. It is Avus Silver, 54K miles, belt/H2O pump/gasket service being done on 4/29/13, Wagner intercoolers, Labree downpipes, MTM stage 2, MTM TCU, 19" Forgestar rims in titanium finish (no curb rash), new 265 PSS's, new Carbon Fiber interior, Newer stereo system ($3K+), New brakes, Stainless Rear exhaust, always serviced with 505.01 oil, etc...
    I may go with a lighter vehicle as I live over a mountain and need something that is better with that aspect. The car is awesome on the highways, I just never use it there but once in a blue moon.
    Let me know (via email or pm) if/when you are ready to sell..thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ttboost View Post
    Looking for an auto or a stick? What is your timeline?
    Auto...my wife needs to be able to drive it. We met last year by the ferry in Bridgeport (I guess before you did the conversion).

Yes, I remember...didn't think you did. Yes...just finished manual conversion. Sell your A6?
    2013 Audi S8

Yeah sold the A6 last July. How does your car run/feel with the manual? It will certainly be more of a beast I would imagine?

Night and day...different car now...
    2013 Audi S8

The last RS6 I looked at and drove before getting the one I currently have, had all the positive marks I wanted: color, options, mileage, region, owner count, etc.

Then drove it, tight as a fiddle, but seemed "slow" (perhaps turbo's getting tired). Tires heavily scuffed from back road romps and admitted multiple track days. Okay, but: when I checked the engine oil it was pitch black like a diesel, a bit low (not full), and was just recently changed (not a good sign). Turns out owner was only changing oil at 10K miles but driving the piss out of it; owner just shrugged and didn't care. Didn't buy it- the engine is the most important thing to me and bought the color and options I didn't want, but with tons of goodies from a super nice responsible private family man. a Good deal and still love it.
    Cheers, G2/Gary
    C5-RS6/KWV3/Revo/H20 Inj./Custom BBK/Custom cooling/CNC arms \ VW Touareg V10 \ B7A4 2.0T Avant \ Mk1 Callaway Scirocco \ audirs6parts@gmail.com / www.oilpro.myamsoil.com

+5001

If the RS6 seems slow. Beware

I purchased #1 5yrs ago w/22k. Bone stock and been perfect since.

#2 had multi owners and issues from day one. Gone but I fixed everything first

#3 had 34k and bone stock. Over 3yrs of Fidelity warranty remain and I picked it up last month. Nice ones are still out there but few and far between. $ not much more than your budget for a socal car with extended warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by G2 View Post
    The last RS6 I looked at and drove before getting the one I currently have, had all the positive marks I wanted: color, options, mileage, region, owner count, etc.

Then drove it, tight as a fiddle, but seemed "slow" (perhaps turbo's getting tired). Tires heavily scuffed from back road romps and admitted multiple track days. Okay, but: when I checked the engine oil it was pitch black like a diesel, a bit low (not full), and was just recently changed (not a good sign). Turns out owner was only changing oil at 10K miles but driving the piss out of it; owner just shrugged and didn't care. Didn't buy it- the engine is the most important thing to me and bought the color and options I didn't want, but with tons of goodies from a super nice responsible private family man. a Good deal and still love it.
    Last edited by DHall1; April 16th, 2013 at 05:41.

DHall1....any interest in selling one of yours?

Also I wouldn't know how to determine how fast an RS6 should be. I have never driven one.