Thread: What is everyone using for a clutch on their 6 speeds?

What is everyone using for a clutch on their 6 speeds?

Do you like it? How does it feel? Any slipping? Any judder?

Second that question

Thanks Ur, I had been planning to ask the same question but you beat me to it. Any input from those with 6mt RS6's would be greatly appreciated!

South Bend Stg4+. Can't comment on it's personality yet. I have a swap thread here
    2003 Rs6 Mugello/Ebony Eurocharged/APR R1 DV's/RNS-E/KW-v3/Hotchkis/Full Milltek Cat-less/Apikol IC's/D.O. water-meth/ 6 speed SOLD!! Next???

I'm friends with Dave at South Bend. SB makes great clutches and he has told me he can make just about any kind of clutch I want for my 6 spd swap eventually. The team I shoot for in Pirelli World Challenge use SB clutches and they've been virtually faultless. Their street clutches are made well also. A good friend of mine had an off brand racing 6 puck clutch in his 350z and it was virtually undriveable on the street. You either do a brief burnout leaving a light or you stall it. He swapped in a similar SB clutch last year and it made a world of difference.
    -Patrick // 06 Frontier SE 6spd // Mods: a few... // Uprev Tuned @ Z1 Motorsports: 257whp & 292ft-lbs
    09 G8 GXP 6M // All stock other than tint

Interesting. I hadn't heard of a South Bend clutch that held the power AND was drivable. I seem to recall speaking to somone at South Bend and they told me that I needed a pucked or multidisk clutch to hold 700 ft/lbs. That was unacceptable to me, as I know how they drive.
    I went with the Spec Stage 3+. It was chattery at first, which I expected, but after about a 600-800 mile break in, it it great, and holds the power/TQ. I have over 2500 miles on it now as well as a bunch of dyno runs and it's good.
    2013 Audi S8