Thread: Looking for feedback from people who have had their TC replaced

Looking for feedback from people who have had their TC replaced

Need some feedback from this knowledgable group...

Just had the CEL come on and scanned the infamous P0741 code - TC

I spoke to TozoM8 and the dealer.

Tozo offers a rebuilt TC installed for $2,200. The dealer is significantly more as they state the engine must also be pulled.

I have two questions to those that have had their TC's replaced:
    1.). What TC did you go with. (OEM or some aftermarket option)
    2.). How many miles have you logged since getting the TC replaced and have you had any additional issues?

Thanks
    Dan

To any of you out there looking for a used RS6.. Spend a little more and get the extended warranty. It is sooooo worth it.
    Current: 2003 Audi RS6, 2007 E63 AMG, 2011 Dodge Ram
    Previous: 07 RS4, 05 E55 AMG, 03 S8, 04 A8L, 04 S4, 01 A8L

I went with the aftermarket option from ACE and had it installed by TozoM8. I had it done at 71K and am now at 113K so I've put 42,000 miles on since. No additional issues. I believe mine was the first ACE/Tozo combo.
    Sold - 2003 RS6 Ebony Pearl on Black / Carbon Fiber / ACE Converter - Tozo installed / Eurocharged ECU / MTM TCU

ACE, 4k miles, just fine, installed at my local indie for about the same total, Tozo price is good. Some folks say the new oem tc's are good now, I personally don't trust Audi parts.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

I did an Ace TC back when I had that type of transmission. I had also heard that the new Audi TC's were OK. Went with an Ace anyway.
    2013 Audi S8

Replaced mine with redesigned OEM TC...covered by Fidelity....no issues since

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    ACE, 4k miles, just fine, installed at my local indie for about the same total, Tozo price is good. Some folks say the new oem tc's are good now, I personally don't trust Audi parts.
    I have 130K on my second TC which is the replacement OEM and there are no problems with it whatsoever. I've bagged the snot out of it too. I can't say as I would have replaced things with another OEM, but in this case I have no concerns. There are lots of TC companies out there that can do modifications to an OEM unit to beef it up, change the stall speed, etc. A number are using Ace which also gets mentioned a lot (I liken this more to demographics than anything), but others like B&M, TCI, NCRC, etc., are good options also.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

i've had mine recently replaced with an OEM one, so far i have only driven the car less than 2k miles but it definitely feels great with the new one. I too had the TC error code but the gearbox was shifting ok with no issues, this is why i chose to replace only the TC without refurbishing the entire unit! The car has now almost 88k miles and it was driven with the TC error for more than 20k miles before it got replaced, however it was babied knowing the error and the gearbox oil changed !
    Ex.: 2004 Audi RS6 C5 ABT, Milltek non-resonated, 19" RS4 B7 rims, RNS-E - SOLD
    2004 AUdi RS6 C5, SE exhaust, RNS-E, 19' original rims - SOLD
    Now :2009 Audi RS6 C6 - stock yet pretty fast

Great info. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated.
    Current: 2003 Audi RS6, 2007 E63 AMG, 2011 Dodge Ram
    Previous: 07 RS4, 05 E55 AMG, 03 S8, 04 A8L, 04 S4, 01 A8L