Thread: another thread about wheel alignment...camber issue

Mech another thread about wheel alignment...camber issue

recently have noticed that my left front tire has worn out more than the right one, so i have decided to have the wheel alignment checked, it was anyway the case as the coilovers have been also installed. So far i did rotate the tires every 6-7k miles, about 3 times now, i've done so far about 18k miles with the Michelin PS3 and still have a lot of tread left, i would say at least 50% so i'm very happy with these tires.

Went today for the wheel alignment and obviously, as i expected, the front left side camber is out of specs and they told me that it can't be adjusted, they were blaming the lower control arm but i think is just an excuse...does anyone know the procedure on how to adjust the front camber?

Reading on the forum it looks like others have also reported the same problem with the front left side tire which is wearing out quicker than the right one, on the inside, is this by design or is there anything that can be done?

They also couldn't properly adjust the toe on the front, blaming the left tie rod which couldn't be screwed/unscrewed to the right point, being seized after a certain point, i would kind of believe this since they haven't been replaced for a very long time....what do you say?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Camber1.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	43.9 KB 
ID:	13681
    Last edited by mik15; March 23rd, 2013 at 16:59.
    Ex.: 2004 Audi RS6 C5 ABT, Milltek non-resonated, 19" RS4 B7 rims, RNS-E - SOLD
    2004 AUdi RS6 C5, SE exhaust, RNS-E, 19' original rims - SOLD
    Now :2009 Audi RS6 C6 - stock yet pretty fast

I have noticed this as well on my car...certain tires wearing more than others...forcing you to rotate tires more than usual to try to get an even wear, and to not waste tires...when they are going bald on the outside and still almost new on the inside..

It was/is remarkably stupid for Audi to make a high performance car with the inability to adjust the alignment. You have to BUY aftermarket control arms and links to achieve this feature...
    2013 Audi S8

Look for the Sterns adjustable
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Mine wears out the inside of the driver's front more also. My '01 A6 4.2 Sport did the same thing- 90% of the tread looked fine & the inner 10% was almost chopped off into the belts. Seems like they would have made that adjustable.
    2003 RS6 - Avus Silver Pearl - Ebony Interior - Warm Weather Package - Carbon Fiber - ACE TC - SE Exhaust