Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The New Audi quattro.

some say 700 hp total and others say 836 hp total. someone is wrong. I believe the former. this car would cost well over that of the aventador with the latter hp and it doesn't look like it is a 500K car.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

this will end up like many concepts..... stay as a concept or becomes a more standard car with far less hps..... at the ned concepts I wonder why there are used for only to give nice cheese to the dog only to remove it when he is ready to bite....
    Youry
    RS QUATTRO
    www.rsquattro.com

The electric motor is ± 170 hp + power from the 4.0 TFSI is ranging from 560 up to 650 hp.
    There are pretenders among us.....
    Geniuses with the ability to become anyone they want to be.....

Quote Originally Posted by youry View Post
    this will end up like many concepts..... stay as a concept or becomes a more standard car with far less hps..... at the ned concepts I wonder why there are used for only to give nice cheese to the dog only to remove it when he is ready to bite....
    I agree, i just don't see how it fits into the lineup. Overshadows the R8 with those power levels but no supercar looks for the likely hefty pricetag. If Audi makes anything above the R8 it would have to be as wild as the "R20" idea being floated around by the different magazines. Even without the hybrid part there isn't much room between the RS5 and the R8 which is why the R4 and R6 never happened even though many sources claimed they would. Should be a cool concept though and I would think the next RS5 will look like a slightly bigger version.

I would like to see this Audi quattro sport above the R8.
    The R8 is nothing more then a rebadged Lamborghini Gallardo with no Audi DNA what so ever.

Quote Originally Posted by The Pretender View Post
    The R8 is nothing more then a rebadged Lamborghini Gallardo with no Audi DNA what so ever.
    Well it's got Audi engines and the Gallardo has Audi nav/etc. The quattro would be a hard sell at 200k plus.

Funny that the Gallardo was considered an Audi badged as a Lamborghini. Most of the engineering work was handled by Audi engineers.

Much cleaner and less wild than pretty much every rendering out there. My guess is that next A5 will have a strong resemblance and I am guessing the wheelbase will be the same.

https://www.audi-mediaservices.com/p...t_quattro.html

Quote Originally Posted by chewym View Post
    Much cleaner and less wild than pretty much every rendering out there. My guess is that next A5 will have a strong resemblance and I am guessing the wheelbase will be the same.

https://www.audi-mediaservices.com/p...t_quattro.html
    More importantly, this car is rumored built on the MLB evo platform underpinning the next generation of longitudinal engined cars. Notice the short overhangs that are closer to BMW than current Audis. Is this set-up closer in concept to the system used in the Porsche Panamera with the front axle passing through the engine sump versus the engine hanging forward of the front axle and differential? If so, a major leap in handling is possible.

this car is going nowhere. you can be as politically correct and polite about it but that is the truth. just another styling exercise to gauge reactions to it's design and powertrain. the truth is no one is crazy about hybrids. the i8 at least looks sporty. this car looks downright homely. the retro-futuristic theme is not working for it. it doesn't make it desirable. they say audi had greenlighted it for production even before showing it to us? we'll see. this car will probably end up like the R8 e-tron. i really hope the new Q7 ushers a better design language in. about the only exciting new thing audi has going on right now is the new A3.

bottom line- 700 hp and 4000 lbs? 5.7 power to weight vs my 6.3 in the R8. it'll be faster but not more desirable. the light at the end of the tunnel is that audi does seem to be progressing with lightweight design. this car seats four and has a heavy battery pack. the next R8 will be much lighter.

i had called the local dealer to give a deposit on this car when I saw the article on fourtitude. i think I drank the Kool-Aid to soon. if they call me back I am not giving my credit card number.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Big disappointment compare the the design sketches.
    Like the 2010 quattro Concept version much better in every way, hoped for so much more.

This car make you think what they will do to the next TT, i'm not very hope full for something good.

Big disappointment compare the the design sketches.
    Like the 2010 quattro Concept version much better in every way, hoped for so much more.

This car make you think what they will do to the next TT, i'm not very hope full for something good.
    The design language works well considering it is an amalgamation of the original Sport Quattro from the 1980s and with current and next generation design elements. Wolfgang Egger is an extremely talented designer and he will impress us with the next generation of Audis. The C7 A6 has more of his influence than the C7 A7 and the difference is very noticeable. Furthermore, many had expressed reservations about the A5/S5 when it was released and when de Silva stated it was his most beautiful design; however, the car remains popular and stunning today.

Taste is all very personal.
    I still see the A5 as the worst Audi design from the last decade, don't like it one bit.
    It looks ponderous and heavy IMHO.

Taste is all very personal.
    I still see the A5 as the worst Audi design from the last decade, don't like it one bit.
    It looks ponderous and heavy IMHO.
    I am (and many others I would think) gonna have to disagree, the A5 (pre facelift in particular) is the best Audi design.

Quote Originally Posted by chewym View Post
    I am (and many others I would think) gonna have to disagree, the A5 (pre facelift in particular) is the best Audi design.
    Agree - the Audi A5/S5 is one of the more popular Audis in Chicago and probably even outnumbers the lower priced A4/S4.

What a disappointment !! The performance is very poor considering the high output, and of course a result of the very high weight. And the transmission - tiptronic ?? The former quattro concept was so much better - in every way! This car will not sell.

It's al a matter of taste, and i don't like the A5 one bit or a lot of other Audi's from the last decade, they are mostly boring without any imagination.
    I don't like evolution the way VAG does, i'm more of a revolution kind of guy.
    If something is new it has to look new and not something that is just a fine tune of the previous one.

It's al a matter of taste, and i don't like the A5 one bit or a lot of other Audi's from the last decade, they are mostly boring without any imagination.
    I don't like evolution the way VAG does, i'm more of a revolution kind of guy.
    If something is new it has to look new and not something that is just a fine tune of the previous one.
    Well my frend, there's always Lexus

Audi, and all germans have always been about evolution. They can't afford revolution...