Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: red RS6 for sale florida

Hi and welcome to RS6.com

Great story there
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Quote Originally Posted by FJC711 View Post
    Looks like the search goes on for me. Several big scratches in the paint that look like were fixed with a brush... and the interior seems like it was driven by a woman with 6 inch nails with all the component wear and scratches, armrest is broken off, trim dented by the rear vents. Was kind of excited to be disappointed yet again. SO it goes. Maybe something better will come along. Thanks for the replies though!
    all this is easy to fix and not expensive, if everything else checks out ok i wouldn't be bothered by these minor issues. Even if it wasn't a woman with 6 inch nails, most of the buttons would be peeling off anyway, the armrest is an easy fix, as well as the dented trim.
    Ex.: 2004 Audi RS6 C5 ABT, Milltek non-resonated, 19" RS4 B7 rims, RNS-E - SOLD
    2004 AUdi RS6 C5, SE exhaust, RNS-E, 19' original rims - SOLD
    Now :2009 Audi RS6 C6 - stock yet pretty fast

^^I agree. If the car is mechanically sound (a BIG "if"), these cosmetic issues can certainly be taken care of. The car has low miles and that's a fairly rare color combo -- I would be inclined to talk the dealer down by a few $K because of the cosmetic issues, drive that pretty red beastie home, and give her some TLC!

(BTW, I do NOT have 6" fingernails, and all my interior doo-dad buttons and armrests are peeling -- the car came that way when I bought it.)
    2003 RS6, Mugello Blue/Ebony - SOLD :-(
    2015 S5 Coupe, Mythos Black w/Black Optics package and an attitude

I bought mine from a woman driver and the interior is also scratched a bit, has not gotten worse in the years I've had it. Didn't stop me from grabbing it, as I waited a while for this color combo to come along...
    2013 Audi S8

Going to contact that dealer and have them pull the records.... I think I'll swing down and take a look for myself...
    it's the color I want and lower miles seemingly bring a fortune... Thanks for the input!
    ill let ya know

If she's mechanically sound give it a go. Interior and body work should be much less $$ than a car with issues...and might reduce the price.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Well, I went down to look at this car... The interior was as I thought... pretty brutal... but all stuff i can fix. Unfortunately there was a ton of scratches in the paint... in the RR quarter i think she missed the tank with the fuel nozzle everytime it was filled.. I mean i was pretty disappointed with the paint work on that whole side of the car. Obviously a family ride as was hinted at earlier. Then i made the biggest mistake i could have made. I drove it. After that i was pretty blind to the appearance flaws from before and ended up buying it, for a bit of a discount. Sooo. im not sure what to do with the paint on this car, i dont know if a really really good detail guy could straighten some things out or if i need to just paint a couple panels on it? Does anyone have any input on a detail shop around stlouis? Im about an hour east of there. Input would be greatly appreciated!! Its going to be a bit of an ongoing project to get it where i want... but thats kind of a cool thing about the car ya know?

Thanks!

Good deal, the fact that it runs nice is huge. Hopefully some of the spendy maintenance has been done recently also. Enjoy!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Congrats on your new "baby"! Hope you have many enjoyable miles ahead of you.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Then i made the biggest mistake i could have made. I drove it.
    We all made this mistake hahah
    Congrats

Quote Originally Posted by audiprotn View Post
    We all made this mistake hahah
    I had DHall1 on the phone when I was negociating(sic) for mine but I was like a deer in headlights.
    I only noticed that the rotors were toast/grooved and completely missed the DRC rake issue.

Also, Dennis (AKA Doc in San Diego, CA with 2 RS6) had a respray and the only way to tell of the difference was in the sun at a specific angle (Daytona Grey)
    Also, Wade (born2be) in San Diego, CA he had a respray of the entire car, looks perfect (KEEP IT WADE!!!!)
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Yeah, the partial spray will be the same thing with misano as with daytona. a full respray would make me happiest .... but... that will be a big meatball, plus finding a place to do it. You dont notice such trivialities when you punch it on the expressway at 75 and the car just wants more and more. if only there were an american autobahn !

isn't TX speed limit 85mph?
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    isn't TX speed limit 85mph?
    I think it's limitless in Montana.... Only daylight. Maybe there's two signs?
    hmmmm.

Congrats on the ride. I will say the factory paint will take a bit of paint correction if the operator knows what he/she is doing. 2000 wet sand and proper buffing will give you an idea of how well it could look. Panel paint will be a no no on red. You will end up painting the whole side to make it look right.

The one thing I like about my drive into Phoenix. 75mph but I can generally cruise at 90 and zig zagging around the blue hairs driving 65 in the fast lane. Priceless

Well, I went down to look at this car... The interior was as I thought... pretty brutal... but all stuff i can fix. Unfortunately there was a ton of scratches in the paint... in the RR quarter i think she missed the tank with the fuel nozzle everytime it was filled.. I mean i was pretty disappointed with the paint work on that whole side of the car. Obviously a family ride as was hinted at earlier. Then i made the biggest mistake i could have made. I drove it. After that i was pretty blind to the appearance flaws from before and ended up buying it, for a bit of a discount. Sooo. im not sure what to do with the paint on this car, i dont know if a really really good detail guy could straighten some things out or if i need to just paint a couple panels on it? Does anyone have any input on a detail shop around stlouis? Im about an hour east of there. Input would be greatly appreciated!! Its going to be a bit of an ongoing project to get it where i want... but thats kind of a cool thing about the car ya know?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Congrats on the ride. I will say the factory paint will take a bit of paint correction if the operator knows what he/she is doing. 2000 wet sand and proper buffing will give you an idea of how well it could look. Panel paint will be a no no on red. You will end up painting the whole side to make it look right.

The one thing I like about my drive into Phoenix. 75mph but I can generally cruise at 90 and zig zagging around the blue hairs driving 65 in the fast lane. Priceless
    yeh, i know what you are saying about the whole side on the misano red. Which is why i think the whole car is the way to go. Just need to find a shop that will take the time to do it correctly. Or a detail shop that could do a great job to buy some time. AS for the blue hairs.. what is with the blue hair? Punk before punk? IDK man.

Actually, I had a VERY successful repaint of my bumper, hood and one fender by a shop in Tampa on my Brilliant Red car. Ive since moved north and have and 3 unsuccessful repaints (in quality at matching.) But if your local to Tampa, Ill look up the body shop name, it might be worth a shot! They work on some very nice custom and classic cars. Still the best body shop expirence Ive jad to date. Also the least expensive one Ive used, believe it or not.
    EPL Stage 3 B5 S4
    6mt Ultrasport K04 & Bolt-ons Daily
    2.7t 6mt A6 Parts Car ;)

Quote Originally Posted by tjb616 View Post
    Actually, I had a VERY successful repaint of my bumper, hood and one fender by a shop in Tampa on my Brilliant Red car. Ive since moved north and have and 3 unsuccessful repaints (in quality at matching.) But if your local to Tampa, Ill look up the body shop name, it might be worth a shot! They work on some very nice custom and classic cars. Still the best body shop expirence Ive jad to date. Also the least expensive one Ive used, believe it or not.
    Thanks for the efforts, Im near stlouis though. The car has to this point been a tampa car. I wouldnt be so concerned with partial paint on brilliant red as the misano... the pearl part of the paint i think will make the differences magnified in different lighting.

I just dont have any idea on a good paint shop near stlouis Mo. I have my local body shop thats always done my insurance work, and they have always done resonable work. But ive never resprayed a whole car before.