Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: '14 Porsche 991/911 GT3 - official!

'14 Porsche 991/911 GT3 - official!

Latest version of one of the best cars on market!

http://www.worldcarfans.com/11303045...photos-surface

Tech is amazing; however, the interior is disappointingly too fat rat comfy. Needs less shiny parts and console!

Flat six and over 9000 rpm... Thank you Porsche for continuing to build awesome cars like this one.

The only drawback is the lack of a manual option.

Porsche has officially unveiled the 911 GT3.

3.8l, variable valve timing, direct injection, titanium connecting rods and forged pistons.
    475 ps (350 kW) 438 Nm
    Seven-speed PDK (I don't know for sure, but there are words that manual gearbox will be offered as option)
    0-100 km/h - 3.5 s
    Top speed: 315 km/h
    Nürburgring Nordschleife in less than seven minutes and thirty seconds.

On the handling front, the GT3 will become the first Porsche to offer an active rear wheel steering system. Designed to deliver unparalleled driving dynamics, the system steers the rear wheels in the same or opposite direction of the front wheels for improved agility.

Release date in Germany, August.
    Price starts at €137,303

Weight: 1430kg, its more than 997 MK.2 GT3, it was 1395 kg...

Quote Originally Posted by AndyBG View Post
    Weight: 1430kg, its more than 997 MK.2 GT3, it was 1395 kg...
    Yes, it weighs a little bit more than the previous version. All though it packs a lot more as well. Only the PDK makes that difference. But ofcourse, more weight isn't good..

Here's a great video that explains a lot about the car. I recommend everyone who likes Porsches and the GT3 to watch it. This 991 version seems very special, I really like that cool function on the PDK!

One more fantastic car from Porsche!

It kinda does nothing for me, I like old cars...I'll keep my money and find a nicely taken care of 997 GT3, i like analog cars, this is too much IMHO.

If some one loves ''analog'' Porsches, its me, but you have to try something before you judge it!

Things over time are allways changing, I personaly didn't want to even test PDK, thinking its rubish, but when I spent some days with it, I changed opinion!

i agree^ i was not a fan of the idea of dual clutch transmissions until driving a PDK equipped 997.5 C4S. it's so responsive and just flat out works. it does take a little bit away from the fun by taking away the third pedal but at the same time i feel that you can become more involved/focused on the steering, throttle and brake inputs and not have to worry so much about the transmission. it's not automatic in the traditional sense. that... would be a true tragedy lol. the 997 GT3 is still to this day, the best car i have ever driven. others have been faster, others have made better sounds but there's something special about the GT3. i hope some day i will get to drive one of these 991's for a comparison.
    -Patrick // 06 Frontier SE 6spd // Mods: a few... // Uprev Tuned @ Z1 Motorsports: 257whp & 292ft-lbs
    09 G8 GXP 6M // All stock other than tint

991/911 with PDK is even better than 997.2, I can only imagine, until I try, what have they done with GT3s PDK...

Yeah, any first gen hardcore tech like that is almost always better the second or third time around. Porsche has a history of making evolutionary steps from year to year to improve things so that comes as no surprise to me at all. I'm sure the casing and most of the innards are probably the same but the clutch material, computer controls, etc might be juggled around until the best (and most reliable) setup is found. Either way, the PDK is still the best dual clutch transmission I've driven in a car. The GTR's is damn close but really lacks refinement at low speeds, especially in the noise department. It (the flywheel I think?) rattles at a stop and low speeds like there's gravel in the trans case. Once you get going, that all but goes away. The PDK is definitely more refined. Having said that, I've driven several older, and one newer, Ferrari's with the single clutch automated manual and while the newer one wasn't terrible, the old ones certainly were. Especially in comparison to the PDK (and GR6 in the GTR).
    -Patrick // 06 Frontier SE 6spd // Mods: a few... // Uprev Tuned @ Z1 Motorsports: 257whp & 292ft-lbs
    09 G8 GXP 6M // All stock other than tint

Quote Originally Posted by AndyBG View Post
    If some one loves ''analog'' Porsches, its me, but you have to try something before you judge it!

Things over time are allways changing, I personaly didn't want to even test PDK, thinking its rubish, but when I spent some days with it, I changed opinion!
    Yeah...I understand what you mean my friend, nevertheless...there is something romantic about driving a manual purpose built vehicle, for example, as you point out, your Porsche has a PDK which you tried and loved as an all rounder, and PDK in that department is quite impossible to beat, but as I said, the GT3 is a purpose built car you will most likely use on weekends, hence...I would like it to be manual, i want to do all the work because it's fun and because it's romantic, a phisical, mental and emotional experience if you will. But that is just me.

Saludos!

Quote Originally Posted by JavierNuvolari View Post
    Yeah...I understand what you mean my friend, nevertheless...there is something romantic about driving a manual purpose built vehicle, for example, as you point out, your Porsche has a PDK which you tried and loved as an all rounder, and PDK in that department is quite impossible to beat, but as I said, the GT3 is a purpose built car you will most likely use on weekends, hence...I would like it to be manual, i want to do all the work because it's fun and because it's romantic, a phisical, mental and emotional experience if you will. But that is just me.

Saludos!
    Then the GT3 RS 4.0 is the answer.

next 991 gt3 rs is rumored to have manual gearbox, so the differentiation (gt3 vs rs) will be completed and expanded

Quote Originally Posted by andreadebi View Post
    next 991 gt3 rs is rumored to have manual gearbox, so the differentiation (gt3 vs rs) will be completed and expanded
    I found that hard to believe. In that case Porsche will make its more advanced car, less advance!
    We will see...

Promo' video from Porsche...

Embedded the video. // Ruergard
    Last edited by Ruergard; March 15th, 2013 at 14:15.

Can't wait to see the test results from this thing..