Thread: How Low Will They Go?$?

How Low Will They Go?$?

The preverbial crystal ball question: Where is the bottom of the RS6 market going to be (in the US)?

Every once in a while I check out local Craig's List listings to see what our beloved RS6's are being offered for. In the Seattle area, I haven't seen any RS6 (private or dealer) below $20k. The range is usually $25k to $35k. I was surprised to see one today from a used dealer for $16,950, 130k miles (probably worn out)(http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/ctd/3592159212.html). On the other end of the spectrum, $35,950, 40k miles (I bet it is exceptional), from a high-end used dealer (http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/ctd/3602389373.html).

With the limited production and high performance of our beloved RS6's, their values at some future point will turn upward. Where do you think the bottom will be? Are we already there? I honestly don't care. Curious. I love my RS6 and plan on keeping it for a very long time. If I had the $ and the garage space, I'd snatch another RS6 up in a second.
    Topcat_92

Not sure Scott, but there is a Mugello Blue one that has 90k on it and the entire front end has new parts, minus the fenders and hood: every hose was brand new, the radiator and support were brand new. The interior was not the best and someone even suggested it might be a savage title on "storm" car

EDIT: this was the car that you suggested for a friend of yours at Eastgate Subaru
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

I often wonder that as well....2, 3, 5 years down the road, what will my car be worth? Not that I really care because I plan on keeping mine for a long time as well but I do wonder.......

Who cares how low they go....

4x4 twin turbo v8 with 4 doors that has Porsche performance...Nothing on the market the same. One very unique car!!

Quote Originally Posted by ssassc1 View Post
    Who cares how low they go....

4x4 twin turbo v8 with 4 doors that has Porsche performance...Nothing on the market the same. One very unique car!!

Yup..kinda feel the same way...and if you find one that was swapped to a 6 speed manual., you've cut your problems in half...
    2013 Audi S8

Quote Originally Posted by topcat_92 View Post
    130k miles (probably worn out)....
    ha That's pretty funny. I can personally attest to the fact that that isn't even remotely close to an accurate statement for these cars.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Well probably the only real basis we have for estimating is the E28 M5 which was the original 4 door supercar, it basically created the genre. Everything between the E28 and the C5 RS6 was really just incremental steps...The RS6 redefined it as a supercar arms race....nowdays the E28's are all over the map, beaters can be had for ~5k but they also can need 10k in reworking. Average ones with small repair list go mid teens. And good (low milage) ones can go up over 30k...
    C5 RS6 - Daytona Grey/Silver, Carbon Fiber, RNS-E, O.CT ECU/TCU--sold :(
    DD: 02 G500 - 35" Nitto Trail Graplers, baja roof rack, 52" LED light bar
    Business Car: Gulf liveried 01 996TT w/ Tial Alpha A28 turbos + supporting mods - 700hp