Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are our cars worth these days???

What are our cars worth these days???

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo4-1.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	43.4 KB 
ID:	13573

Hey guys. Toying with the idea of listing the RS6 and was wondering what kind of value these things are holding. I see stock ones for sale on eBay for low twenties/high teens. I have some tasteful mods on mine (19" VMR's, KW V3 coils, Milltek non-res, GIAC tune.) All upgrades are under a year old & were installed by a reputable shop in my area. Maintenance is all up to date as well. I'd love to think somewhere in the mid to high twenties for our beasts. What say you?

How many miles??
    2003 Rs6 Mugello/Ebony Eurocharged/APR R1 DV's/RNS-E/KW-v3/Hotchkis/Full Milltek Cat-less/Apikol IC's/D.O. water-meth/ 6 speed SOLD!! Next???

Quote Originally Posted by kevin View Post
    How many miles??
    ^^^^^^ how can you forget mileage...
    03 RS6 | Daytona Gray on black | KW V3 | Rotiform 19x10 Wheels | REVO ECU | MTM TCU | 170k miles and counting..
    "Some people play hard to get... I play hard to want."

Wow. Can't believe I forgot that. Haha! My bad. Just over 85k on it.

Wow, thats nice Buffalo. Makes me hate that I just bought mine. I could have just waited and bought yours........

I would love to think mid to high twenties as well, but not realistic. Figure maybe 20% back on mods, if that. Worth more if you had some kind of warranty and recent major trans replacement done. I would say a realistic transaction value would be 19k on bottom, and 23k top.
    03 RS6 | Daytona Gray on black | KW V3 | Rotiform 19x10 Wheels | REVO ECU | MTM TCU | 170k miles and counting..
    "Some people play hard to get... I play hard to want."

Buffalo, new member who signed up to ask you about your car, maybe interested. I'm in Pittsburgh and will PM you.

love the rims.

I wonder if the 6 speed manual swap adds any value? Or is that considered a "mod' and you might get your 20% back?
    2013 Audi S8

Quote Originally Posted by ttboost View Post
    I wonder if the 6 speed manual swap adds any value? Or is that considered a "mod' and you might get your 20% back?
    I'd say it would add some value since it's becoming a little more commonly desired with these cars. I think a good percentage of RS6 owners and potential owners would LOVE a 6 speed if available. I know I would. How involved was the swap? Did you do it yourself? It's definitely something I'd be interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by dab View Post
    love the rims.
    Thanks man. I think they fit the car perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloRS6 View Post
    I'd say it would add some value since it's becoming a little more commonly desired with these cars. I think a good percentage of RS6 owners and potential owners would LOVE a 6 speed if available. I know I would. How involved was the swap? Did you do it yourself? It's definitely something I'd be interested in.
    Yes...just finished a couple weeks ago...It's quite an involved project. I have put about 1200-1500 miles on it so far. Should be finished tuning this week. I have gutted precats and no cats, commonly called "test pipes'. I also still have the stock unmolested down pipes, in the event I do sell it, and the buyer needs them. I am absolutely considering selling the car.
    2013 Audi S8

Yes...just finished a couple weeks ago...It's quite an involved project. I have put about 1200-1500 miles on it so far. Should be finished tuning this week. I have gutted precats and no cats, commonly called "test pipes'. I also still have the stock unmolested down pipes, in the event I do sell it, and the buyer needs them. I am absolutely considering selling the car.
    I was looking for good options for C6 but seems I will go for a low mileage C5 in very good condition soon, and was thinking the amount that will be saved for not going to C6 can be invested in the C5 in a good way to put the 6 speed manual trans and some other mods. I was wondering if there any 'in details' project plan on this swap as I need to see if this can be done on my local garages or not!! Is there anyone that sell the FULL KIL (I mean FULL) with in details guide/ steps for the installation??
    "Aerodynamics are for people who cannot build engines"...... Enzo Ferrari

I don't think there is anyone that sells a "FULL KIT". The RS6 never came with a 6 speed manual, so it requires some custom stuff. The "instructions" are a totally different issue. Steve (steveken) might be the closest yet, as far as a total kit. Not sure you want to pay to ship a "total kit"?
    2013 Audi S8

Vangelis - did you find one yet? let me know if you need any help, i can come and help you out with my VCDS and check the car for any faults! BTW - we've installed the RNS-E in your ex. RS6 and also done a few other things...
    Ex.: 2004 Audi RS6 C5 ABT, Milltek non-resonated, 19" RS4 B7 rims, RNS-E - SOLD
    2004 AUdi RS6 C5, SE exhaust, RNS-E, 19' original rims - SOLD
    Now :2009 Audi RS6 C6 - stock yet pretty fast

Quote Originally Posted by mik15 View Post
    Vangelis - did you find one yet? let me know if you need any help, i can come and help you out with my VCDS and check the car for any faults! BTW - we've installed the RNS-E in your ex. RS6 and also done a few other things...

I think he wants it back now...
    2013 Audi S8

I think he wants it back now...
    That would be much easier that doing all the work again from scratch lol

Quote Originally Posted by mik15 View Post
    I don't mind paying one time for the shipping better than going around looking for different parts that might be hard to find or to make.