Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: summer mode! forgestar f14 19*10 with 275 series rubber

summer mode! forgestar f14 19*10 with 275 series rubber

I've posted before about my purchase and the initial challenge when it was realized the offset was slightly off. Purchased 5mm spacers to push the wheel out to a 25 offset. Only had to use the spacers on the front as there was no rub on the rear

98% happy with the look. Only negative is the fronts now ever so slightly push out from the fender as my pics show. None the less I like the look and color. Now to put some miles on the wheels and see how the rubber responds.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0605..jpg 
Views:	435 
Size:	96.8 KB 
ID:	12565Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0607..jpg 
Views:	1813 
Size:	84.4 KB 
ID:	12566Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0608..jpg 
Views:	346 
Size:	148.7 KB 
ID:	12568Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0610..jpg 
Views:	302 
Size:	86.2 KB 
ID:	12569Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0598..jpg 
Views:	240 
Size:	48.1 KB 
ID:	12570

I've also reattached my front lower spoilers last night after getting them clear-wrapped and will take some more pic's after a wash.

ECU/TCU chip, Euro Recaro's, KW 3's, Wagners, Venair hoses, Dahlback diverters, Hotchkis sways, Phaeton ducts, lower spoilers, custom vent's in hood

Wheels look fantastic!

From what I can tell, these seem to have an excellent fit and finish to them. How is the weight now that you have them? They seem to be pretty lightweight for price too. I'm probably going to stick with 255/35 rubber if/when I do 19's (x9") and if they are ForgeStar's I'm thinking et29 will be a nice spot to land with stock size tires.

cool nice job, i asked FS about rims, jessica suggested as they do not make a 9.5 inch rim that they were not comfortable making a 10 for me, as i have KW (low car) and did not feel they would fit, as sapcers just aint my thing...

for the other poster , the factory wheel here is a 19X9 ET 35 so a ET 29 will be perfect , or go 19x9.5 et 30 (they are very snug on a lowered ride)

john
    2004 RS6
    APR, KW, REMUS

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Sawyer View Post
    Wheels look fantastic!

From what I can tell, these seem to have an excellent fit and finish to them. How is the weight now that you have them? They seem to be pretty lightweight for price too. I'm probably going to stick with 255/35 rubber if/when I do 19's (x9") and if they are ForgeStar's I'm thinking et29 will be a nice spot to land with stock size tires.
    Those Forgestars are definitely sharp - love that charcoal finish. Was considering the same finish and style in the Hartmann's.

I am completely happy with stock tire size 255/35-19 mit 19X9 @ et 25.

Glad to hear you are nearly back on the road Tom Sawyer!
    Daytona/Ebony/Carbon/SEE/RNS-E/19X9 Speedline "Peelers"

Nice Rims Bakes. I think they protrude a little to far out though. I am wondering If you really need a 5mm spacer. Were they rubbing without the spacer? If the addition of a 5mm spacer did reduce your ET to 25mm, then the wheel must have a 30mm ET. I believe the stock ET is 30mm and you shouldn't have any rubbing without the spacer. But of course wheel design also determines this also. I run a 35mm offset and they rub the Bearing carrier without a 5mm spacer. The spacer reduces my ET to 30mm and I have no issues, even riding as low as I do. This is the best side shot I have showing how the wheels look with the 5mm spacers up front, and none in the rear.................

03 RS6, VIPER ECU, MTM TCU, Milltek Full Catless Non Res setup from Turbos to the boxes(ROAR'S), H&R Coilovers, Hotchkiss ARB's, 19x10's with 275-30-19 PSS's at each corner, Kenwood 9960 Head unit, V1 Radar Locator. 517 Trans Rebuild, ScrollProducts Turbo Rebuild.

i dont believe that without a spacer a 10 inch rim will clear the upright as a 19x9.5 only has what seems to be a few thou! and a 10 inch is another1/4 deeper in hence the need to sapce it out?

i am thinking of going 275/30/19's on my new rims..but i am scred they wont clear the gaurds and may rub on the knob on the upright...any rubbing for you..under high cornering or stopping, full lock etc??

i have KW v3 resonably low......thanks man

john
    2004 RS6
    APR, KW, REMUS

Quote Originally Posted by johnnie27 View Post
    i dont believe that without a spacer a 10 inch rim will clear the upright as a 19x9.5 only has what seems to be a few thou! and a 10 inch is another1/4 deeper in hence the need to sapce it out?

i am thinking of going 275/30/19's on my new rims..but i am scred they wont clear the gaurds and may rub on the knob on the upright...any rubbing for you..under high cornering or stopping, full lock etc??

i have KW v3 resonably low......thanks man

john

I will get a slight Brush under hard cornering and hitting a dip in the road at the same time. Other than that no issues at all, even with 4 people in the car. What you say above is true, but let's not forget about the wheel offset (ET). Its possible I believe that a 19x10" wheel and 275-30-19 Rubber with a 30 or 25mm offset could possibly clear that upright without a spacer (Depending on design of the wheel of course). My Effective offset is 30mm (35-5mm spacer) and it clears my Uprights with no issues.
    03 RS6, VIPER ECU, MTM TCU, Milltek Full Catless Non Res setup from Turbos to the boxes(ROAR'S), H&R Coilovers, Hotchkiss ARB's, 19x10's with 275-30-19 PSS's at each corner, Kenwood 9960 Head unit, V1 Radar Locator. 517 Trans Rebuild, ScrollProducts Turbo Rebuild.

don't forget you can rid yourself of the nub...
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

I'm getting that slight "brush" now, and am going to perform more radical fender rolling surgery to see if I can completely eliminate it. I can see about a 4" zone where the rub occurs, and I'm going to trim the wheelwell plastic in that area and bend the fender lip in all the way flush. My wheels look about as offset as yours are.
    Das Silberkugel - Eurocharged Stage 2/MTM/Level 10/Hotchkis/Koni/H&R
    2015 Ducati 1299S Panigale
    2014 Ducati Multistrada Granturismo

Quote Originally Posted by Elevens View Post
    Nice Rims Bakes. I think they protrude a little to far out though. I am wondering If you really need a 5mm spacer. Were they rubbing without the spacer? If the addition of a 5mm spacer did reduce your ET to 25mm, then the wheel must have a 30mm ET. I believe the stock ET is 30mm and you shouldn't have any rubbing without the spacer. But of course wheel design also determines this also. I run a 35mm offset and they rub the Bearing carrier without a 5mm spacer. The spacer reduces my ET to 30mm and I have no issues, even riding as low as I do. This is the best side shot I have showing how the wheels look with the 5mm spacers up front, and none in the rear.................

When I test fit a rim on the front there was a slight rub without a spacer. The rims had an offset of 30. As I rolled down the street I could hear the tire rubbing against what I think would be called the control arm. It wasn't the rim rubbing but the tire and it was everso slight. As such I opted for a 5mm spacer only on the fronts. I agree the fronts are protruding out a little to far but I think it's the best that can be done with this particluar tire size/rim witdth combo. I bought the rims/tires used so I didn't get a choice with the offset. In hindsight were I to order brand new, I'd go with a 9.5" with version with perhaps at 265 tire. All in all I'm very happy with the stance and look it's given the car.

I've also reinstalled my front lower spoilers so I'll try to post a picture tonight of everything complete. I don't think there's any more that needs to be done except to think about blackening out a few things....any suggestions fellow rs6'ers??
    ECU/TCU chip, Euro Recaro's, KW 3's, Wagners, Venair hoses, Dahlback diverters, Hotchkis sways, Phaeton ducts, lower spoilers, custom vent's in hood

Quote Originally Posted by JSRS6 View Post
    don't forget you can rid yourself of the nub...
    What does this mean?

Quote Originally Posted by kismetcapitan View Post
    I'm getting that slight "brush" now, and am going to perform more radical fender rolling surgery to see if I can completely eliminate it. I can see about a 4" zone where the rub occurs, and I'm going to trim the wheelwell plastic in that area and bend the fender lip in all the way flush. My wheels look about as offset as yours are.

fender rolling alloy..good luck man, let me know how that goes for ya...fingers crossed i say
    2004 RS6
    APR, KW, REMUS

Quote Originally Posted by bakes View Post
    What does this mean?
    on the front upright (is it called that) take the front wheel off stick your head in the cavity, on the nice alloy looking part infront of you there is a knob!! app you can grind it off this gives your big boots more space to move! there is a thread on www.rs246.com search knob!
    2004 RS6
    APR, KW, REMUS

on the front upright (is it called that) take the front wheel off stick your head in the cavity, on the nice alloy looking part infront of you there is a knob!! app you can grind it off this gives your big boots more space to move! there is a thread on www.rs246.com search knob!
    I'll check for that tomorrow when I have time to pull a wheel off...thanks. I did look inside the wheel well after I heard the rubbing to see if I could find the area where it was rubbing with no success. I'll look again tomorrow. Someone suggested putting temp paint along that part, reinstalling without a spacer and then looking to see where it wears off. I may try that.

Quote Originally Posted by NSU RS6 View Post
    Those Forgestars are definitely sharp - love that charcoal finish. Was considering the same finish and style in the Hartmann's.

I am completely happy with stock tire size 255/35-19 mit 19X9 @ et 25.

Glad to hear you are nearly back on the road Tom Sawyer!
    Thanks man, I'm so anxious to have it back! Caught him just before the engine went back in and had him check the steering rack bolts, sounds like those are prone to loosening.

I really hope my tires will last long enough to recoup the fundage and be able to do wheels too. Fronts are definitely fine for 8K more but the rears are questionable as they were the fronts with bad control arms and are a tad bit shredded on the inside. Guess I could always find a couple used on the bay to get me by.

For the $ and being able to have a custom offset/size done, I think Forgestars is what I'll go with, leaning toward the CF10's in titanium.

Quote Originally Posted by Elevens View Post

I didn't need to see this picture.

I think that is the baddest ass ass view of an Audi I have ever seen.
    Daytona/Ebony/Carbon/SEE/RNS-E/19X9 Speedline "Peelers"

My wheels are offset that much, but without the bitchin' 19" wheels.

fender rolling alloy..good luck man, let me know how that goes for ya...fingers crossed i say
    aluminum fenders are by far the easiest to roll. Hell, I did most of it with a small mallet, and will finish it with a rolling tool after I cut the plastic out. but if my schedule with my friend with the rolling tool doesn't work out, I can also finish the job folding in the lip with the same mallet. Just need to be gradual and careful!

steel fenders - that's a different story. lots of heat gun usage and grunting and straining with a rolling tool. lots of curse words helps too.