Thread: Oxygen Sensor - Universal vs. OEM Oxygen Sensor

Question Oxygen Sensor - Universal vs. OEM Oxygen Sensor

I'm in the process of replacing transmission. Wanna be pro-active and looking to replace O2 Sensors while transmission is out. Should I replace all four?(there are four if I'm correct?) Or just the though to get to Front Position O2 sensors? Upon research I found that there is significant price difference between replacement options (see example below). Universal is cheap but is it worth it? OEM is well... pricey. Then there seems to be a less expensive alternative to OEM. Any thoughts on these? Any other options?

http://www.ecstuning.com/Audi-RS6--4...Oxygen_Sensor/

Oxygen Sensor - Universal

vs. OEM

Oxygen Sensor - Priced Each Restore fuel mileage and clear codes
    Brand:

ES#:1853398
    Mfg#: 1K0998262AB

Ships in 1-3 days
    $195.57
    vs. Less expensive brand

Oxygen Sensor - Priced Each Restore fuel mileage and clear codes
    Brand:
    ES#:2435
    Mfg#: 1K0998262AB

In Stock
    $134.07

Universal sensor is the same as others, for oem you are paying essentially for plug and play.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

I know there are cheaper option for OEM. Try searching with the Bosch part number instead of the audi number. I seem to remember closer to 120.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

I just got this done. I went with OEM, sourced from Audi dealer. They did the work. I saw the pieces, they were quite beautiful little plug and play things.
    5 years of peace of mind hopefully. If you are adept at doing it, I say go with the cheaper. The fundamental function is probably identical.
    2003 RS6, Mugello/Silver, MTM Stage 1 ECM, and TCM mod, Abt 19 inch wheels for summer, stock 18s for winter, RS6+ Pedals INSTALLED! 2Bennett coilover system, 2Bennett front brakes; DRC gone!

paying for the plug. certified RS6 tech told me to just buy generic Bosch and splice.
    03 RS6 | Daytona Gray on black | KW V3 | Rotiform 19x10 Wheels | REVO ECU | MTM TCU | 170k miles and counting..
    "Some people play hard to get... I play hard to want."

Yup..just spliced both of mine with cheapies....
    2013 Audi S8