View Poll Results: Would you buy the RS7

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I like it!

11 30.56%
  • No, but I might buy another Audi instead.

10 27.78%
  • No, and Audi will lose my business to AMG or M if there is no RS6

15 41.67%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RS7 Poll

RS7 Poll

A poll for whether or not you would buy the RS7 when(if) it goes on sale in NA.
    C5 RS6 - Daytona Grey/Silver, Carbon Fiber, RNS-E, O.CT ECU/TCU--sold :(
    DD: 02 G500 - 35" Nitto Trail Graplers, baja roof rack, 52" LED light bar
    Business Car: Gulf liveried 01 996TT w/ Tial Alpha A28 turbos + supporting mods - 700hp

Maybe there should be another option D : I would not buy an RS7 if it were the only option, but would buy an RS6 (?)
    03 RS6 | Daytona Gray on black | KW V3 | Rotiform 19x10 Wheels | REVO ECU | MTM TCU | 170k miles and counting..
    "Some people play hard to get... I play hard to want."

That was what I intended for the 3rd option to mean. I would have to do a completely new poll to add 4th option.
    Business Car: Gulf liveried 01 996TT w/ Tial Alpha A28 turbos + supporting mods - 700hp

I might buy it used in four years if the price is right. Any idea how many will be imported to us?
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Fugly, There's just no saving it even by putting an R motor in it.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

I just can't get passed the Rear.........
    03 RS6, VIPER ECU, MTM TCU, Milltek Full Catless Non Res setup from Turbos to the boxes(ROAR'S), H&R Coilovers, Hotchkiss ARB's, 19x10's with 275-30-19 PSS's at each corner, Kenwood 9960 Head unit, V1 Radar Locator. 517 Trans Rebuild, ScrollProducts Turbo Rebuild.

Just to clarify:

option 2 is for if you would buy a currently offered Audi car ie S8 or S6

option 3 is if you are not interested in anything but the RS6

I will only consider a performance wagon, either RS4 or RS6. If Audi AoA bring both, I will buy one of each. If Audi AoA fail to listen to their enthusiast core, both Audi and VAG will loose my business altogether. No P car, no Bentley, nothing/you are fired. Put the RS wagons on special order and DONE, Audi have my business.

Rear isn't bad...if only she had some hips...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

If I lived in the US and had the money, and the RS6 wasn't available. Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by -RS6- View Post
    I will only consider a performance wagon, either RS4 or RS6. If Audi AoA bring both, I will buy one of each. If Audi AoA fail to listen to their enthusiast core, both Audi and VAG will loose my business altogether. No P car, no Bentley, nothing/you are fired. Put the RS wagons on special order and DONE, Audi have my business.
    Couldn't agree more...this is the exact approach I am taking as well. Not that I could afford a Bentley.

I would've changed the wording a bit, "Given you have the means to, would you buy the RS 7?" It's easy to spout off and have an opinion when you have no flesh in the game.
    '97 993TT, '14 E63 S-line, '17 GT-R and a couple of '12 Mini Cooper S Countryman ALL4s for the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by iconcls View Post
    I would've changed the wording a bit, "Given you have the means to, would you buy the RS 7?" It's easy to spout off and have an opinion when you have no flesh in the game.
    Got a problem with the unwashed masses voicing their opinion here on this poll?

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoAudi View Post
    Got a problem with the unwashed masses voicing their opinion here on this poll?
    My assumption was that active people on this forum would have the means if they wanted it. As it stands ~65% don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by bmwade View Post
    My assumption was that active people on this forum would have the means if they wanted it. As it stands ~65% don't like it.
    Your assumption would be incorrect. Quite a few active folks on this forum bought an RS6 for $20-$30K as a used car (and probably chipped in a bit extra for a warranty for protection against exhorbinant repair costs), and likely cannot afford $120K for a 2014 RS7. I would be one of those people, so I guess I'm not supposed to vote.
    2003 RS6, Mugello Blue/Ebony - SOLD :-(
    2015 S5 Coupe, Mythos Black w/Black Optics package and an attitude

Quote Originally Posted by bmwade View Post
    As it stands, more people will remain with Audi than deflect to other brands and the number leaving is virtually tied with those wanting the RS7.

As it stands, more people will remain with Audi than deflect to other brands and the number leaving is virtually tied with those wanting the RS7.
    So only ±1000 people are going to defect from Audi because of the RS7 isn't what they want? Despite all your feather ruffling behavior that you seem anxious to do and lovely display, YOU might actually be correct on this one as GmbH admitted (unofficially, of course) that they screwed the pooch on the RS7 and marketing. To me, that is called a fail. Besides, Audi has to sell all those A4/Q5 that they THINK the sheeple want. The MONEY question really is: Are you going to purchase an RS7? Regardless if I have/had the means for an RS7, I would not.

Maybe the C5 RS6 was never designed for ham fisted driving on the track during an Audi DE.
    You pretty much alienated anyone or any club racer that would like to take their RS6 to the track or any driving event. You are winning friends and forum buds by every one of your seagull posts!
    You might want to brush up on your facts there bub (Champion Motorsports, Randy Probst, Michael Golati) - pretty much devistated the competition.... oh, and titles to back it up. The pedigree is there...

Wait a minute! Is this Skribe?!?!?
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

A race prepped car and attending an Audi DE, complaining excessively about myriad things, i.e., brakes, are totally separate issues. Running the C5 RS6 on the track and winning does demonstrate that the car and its systems were more than up to task.

I'm satisfied that AoA will import one of the RS6/7 twins since NA missed out with the C6 RS6 variant.