Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My wife took the RS 6 to work (sob...someone hold me ;-) )

My wife took the RS 6 to work (sob...someone hold me ;-) )

Damn, I don't like this giving a sh*t about a car. I used to have what I would consider a very healthy outlook on vehicles--their just a hunk of steel, their not my "baby," and their not all that important in life. But since I took possession of the RS 6 I find myself protective of the car and worry when it's under someone else's stewardship. UGH, I don't like that feeling, it's not me, but I can't seem to help it.

I'm sure you can get ALOT of hugs and reassurance if you go to the Chicago meet

Ben

Originally posted by Benman

I'm sure you can get ALOT of hugs and reassurance if you go to the Chicago meet

Ben
    Ben - Is that what you really meant to say??? I'm just not sure he'd need THAT KIND of reassurance!!!....NTTAWWT.

'course, who am I to say, anyway?

Re: My wife took the RS 6 to work (sob...someone hold me ;-) )

Originally posted by iconcls
    Damn, I don't like this giving a sh*t about a car. I used to have what I would consider a very healthy outlook on vehicles--their just a hunk of steel, their not my "baby," and their not all that important in life. But since I took possession of the RS 6 I find myself protective of the car and worry when it's under someone else's stewardship. UGH, I don't like that feeling, it's not me, but I can't seem to help it.
    Not to worry - just because it's raining and slippery, and people don't know how to drive.....

Just console yourself by attacking some twisties in the newly-Continental-shod TTQR....

...oh, and think of your pending trip to the islands - THAT should cheer you up....!!!

Hugs of comfort from california for ya icon.

My wife has driven my car several times without me and so far have not been too nervous. She is an excellant driver...so I know if someting happens it was most likely some other JA not paying attention.
    Bauer

07 A4 2.0T quattro STaSIS Challenge Package
    03 RS6 She will be missed
    01 S8
    01 S4 Stage 3 with KO4 turbos, RS4 intercoolers, Revolver cams, STaSIS close ratio gearbox, STaSIS rear LSD, STaSIS 4:1 center diff, STaSIS Motorsports, STaSIS front and rear race control arms, STaSIS motor mounts, Alcon 6 piston, Clutch Master stage 4 6 puck clutch, AWE fueling kit, RS4 bumperRecaro's.... etc, etc, etc

Originally posted by ZCD2.7T
    just because it's raining and slippery, and people don't know how to drive.....
    Gee, thanks Dave, I knew you'd be there for me.

Just console yourself by attacking some twisties in the newly-Continental-shod TTQ

Ha! Just came back from Discount Tire, I'm unloading the Contis ASAP, new Michelin Pilot Sport A/S going on Friday; that was a learning experience.

pending trip to the islands

Actually, I'm kinda tired of travel; remember, I'm a shiftless, lazy bastage. Where are you off to?

Gee, thanks Dave, I knew you'd be there for me.
    Bob - I got your back, bro!

Ha! Just came back from Discount Tire, I'm unloading the Contis ASAP, new Michelin Pilot Sport A/S going on Friday; that was a learning experience.
    Gotta love those money-back guarantees, right?!? Or are you selling them?

Actually, I'm kinda tired of travel; remember, I'm a shiftless, lazy bastage. Where are you off to?
    Actually, most would just say that I'm off, period!!

Seriously, next "fun" trip is Palm desert, CA, for Christmas. I LOVE having in-laws who host us at their place on the 7th green at Monterey CC. Golf, swimming with the kids, good eats - and the rent is CHEAP!!

Woo-hoo! I figured out how to do multiple/broken quotes!! Not much, I know, but I'm not that bright, so it's a victory when I'm able to figger some of this stuff out!! :roll:

Originally posted by ZCD2.7T
    Gotta love those money-back guarantees, right?!?
    Yep.

Oh and rally, I don't want to hear any "I told you so's" regarding the Contis.

Has it come back in one piece?

Oh and rally, I don't want to hear any "I told you so's" regarding the Contis.
    'sup with the Contis then? I've never had a problem with Contis, interested to see what you think's wrong with them.
    +=====================================+
    ChrisB aka TheBrit, as named by Clout & SantorinSteve over on AW.

Now
    +-------
    Daytona Grey C6 RS 6 Avant
    Meteor Grey S5 Tip

History
    +-------
    Lava Grey C6 allroad 3.0 TDI
    Daytona Grey D3 S8 (twice)
    Ebony Black D3 W12 SWB
    Ebony Black C5 allroad 2.5 TDI Tip Limited Edition
    Silver A2 1.6 FSI SE
    Silver C5 A6 Avant 2.7T Sport
    Volcano Black B5 A4 2.8 qm Sport

Originally posted by TheBrit
    'sup with the Contis then? I've never had a problem with Contis, interested to see what you think's wrong with them.
    Icon was/is unhappy with them:

http://forums.audiworld.com/a6/msgs/309175.phtml

Soon to be remedied, though.

no.radar has yet to post his drive report, but stay tuned...

Klint,
    Not yet and I'm having a little trouble using the word "yet." ;-)

Brit,
    The Contis transformed the handling of the TTQR in a very unpleasing way; car felt real sloppy. Then I had a balancing issue that was stubborn to get rid of --never heard that before in an Audi --so i just decided to bail and go with Michelins.

This is an infantile thread - the RS6 is just a large automatic stationwagon, albeit powerful, women drive these things - grow up and stop worrying about it.
    As far as the Continental tyre issue is concerned, the Continenental Sport Conti 2 is head and shoulders better than any other street tyre for the RS6 in the 19 inch size, if you don't like it, you ain't driving the car, check the reviews.
    Now everybody, lets take a couple of deep breaths, and behave like adults.
    R+C

If we are going to start behaving like adults.....how about we start with you Nordschleife
    Bauer

07 A4 2.0T quattro STaSIS Challenge Package
    03 RS6 She will be missed
    01 S8
    01 S4 Stage 3 with KO4 turbos, RS4 intercoolers, Revolver cams, STaSIS close ratio gearbox, STaSIS rear LSD, STaSIS 4:1 center diff, STaSIS Motorsports, STaSIS front and rear race control arms, STaSIS motor mounts, Alcon 6 piston, Clutch Master stage 4 6 puck clutch, AWE fueling kit, RS4 bumperRecaro's.... etc, etc, etc

Originally posted by Bauer
    If we are going to start behaving like adults.....how about we start with you Nordschleife
    Hear, hear!!!

I believe that the word Iconcls used was "pedantic".....it was appropriate, IMO.

Nord, Icon is JOKING!! You've heard of jokes, right? Judging from your commentary, perhaps not.

Also, as far as the tires, all your comments are IYHO, as are all mine, and all "customer reviews", EXCEPT those with objective data to back them up. If you have that data, then pray tell, do post a link to it.

Clarification...

(My original post was not meant to pass any judgment on the competency of a given sexes driving ability; I was merely stating that someone other then myself was behind the wheel of my RS 6 who happens to be my wife and happens to be female. I didn't realize my post could be misconstrued as such.)

Nord,
    Damn, I was really hoping you were going to give me the hug.

No grief here buddy

I knew you would come back to the dark side.

Originally posted by Nordschleife
    This is an infantile thread - the RS6 is just a large automatic stationwagon, albeit powerful, women drive these things - grow up and stop worrying about it.
    As far as the Continental tyre issue is concerned, the Continenental Sport Conti 2 is head and shoulders better than any other street tyre for the RS6 in the 19 inch size, if you don't like it, you ain't driving the car, check the reviews.
    Now everybody, lets take a couple of deep breaths, and behave like adults.
    R+C

Is it just me or is Nordschleife like the Grumpy old man who always shows up to spoil all the kids fun

Ben