Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Next gen' Q7

I saw that article when it was new on Autocar...
    Crosslane is nice base for the project, but I still don't have a clue how next Q7 will look.

Some news, article saying 350 kg less and premier next summer, but I don't know is that this or summer '14...?

http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dl...#axzz2TFRtAfw1

Seems like BMW is holding its X5 too, the photos of it leaked a while back but no debut. I beleive the Q7 is taking extra long because it will be the first on the MLB evo platform and that is taking some time to be completed. Perhaps originally the second gen Q7 was to use the Cayenne/Touareg platform but then plans were altered.

Audi have become a joke with such late releases of new models. Almost all new models come outdated by the competition.

Quote Originally Posted by darkop View Post
    Audi have become a joke with such late releases of new models. Almost all new models come outdated by the competition.
    this is why there was a major shake up last year at audi management- main issue was that the new a3 took so long. there was big movement in the marketing and product development departments from what I recall. not sure of de nysschen's dept was related or not.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Current Q7 is here since september 2005, and if next one comes in summer 2014, it will be some record!

Quote Originally Posted by AndyBG View Post
    Current Q7 is here since september 2005, and if next one comes in summer 2014, it will be some record!
    yes and nonetheless is still selling well in EM markets and USA! so Audi is making cash without so much stress about competitors

And thats way I'm saying that Q7 is literaly in class of its own. Owning one for so many years now I can tell you that Q7 just isn't comparable to any of BMWs, MBs or LRs SUVs.

What’s more, Winterkorn seems to have disagreed with Dürheimer on the styling direction of the brand, unimpressed by some of Audi’s recent proposals. It remains to be seen whether the next-generation Q7—described by insiders as ostentatious, bordering on brutal—will remain as it is or undergo a second redesign prior to being unveiled to the public.

Please, please, please keep the Q7 "brutal".

any possibility to see new Q7 @ IAA this september or we have to wait next year?

Nothing before december, even maybe later... :/

not looking good at audi- Q7 is way overdue, the TT is in delay in development and the new R8/Gallardo has been delayed.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

The Q7 is delayed extra because the supposedly "ostantateous" previous design is being rehashed because the chief R&D guy got fired. Honestly I want Audi to make the next Q7 very bold so hopefully they don't tone it down too much. Now that I think about it the Q7 might have taken a long time because adapting the MLB evo platform for SUV use probably isn't a piece of cake. Remember that the current Q7/Touareg/Cayenne have a towing capacity not that far off of body on frame pickups and SUVs and perhaps keeping that was one of the goals. But this is speculation on my part.

As far as the TT goes the small sporty coupe segment is just not that hot (SLK, Z4 aren't huge sellers in the US either perhaps Europe is different) As for the R8/Gallardo, the Cabrera is close I think. Maybe Lamborghini relented and is reworking to stick the V8 TFSI in the Cabrera instead of the V10? The MP 4-12 thing might have reworked the rules?

This Australian article is saying no new Q7 before '15, e-tron and one more facelift for current car!

http://www.caradvice.com.au/244952/a...ation-in-2015/

Audi has decided to wait until 2015 for the new Q7 since "it is still doing quite well actually, worldwide and in Australia." The same MLB platform will also underpin the 2016 Bentley SUV and a production version of the Lamborghini Urus which will be out in 2017.
    Source: caradvice.com.au
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New-Audi-Q7.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	14094  

pics new q7 mule testing in Austria

http://www.telegraaf.nl/autovisie/au...Audi_Q7__.html

This is finished product under the camo'!

Maybe we will see it by december!