Thread: Stage 2 Tune

Question Stage 2 Tune

Hi all

My motor is out and I'm going to get the down pipes gutted.

Could someone pls recommend a good tuner in the US that can tune remotely as I live in Australia?

Cheers, John

This guy knows his stuff...Isle of Man and can do remote...http://vipertuning.com/
    Mugello Blue C5 RS6 Avant Viper Tuning ECU/TCU
    MTM Bimoto wheels 9,5 x 19 ET 30 LK 5x112 with 275/30/19 tyres
    MTM exhaust system cat back 4-pipe with throttle valves in 2 pipes, control

^ I second that. Speak to Rich at Viper Tuning, he'll set you straight.
    03 RS6, VIPER ECU, MTM TCU, Milltek Full Catless Non Res setup from Turbos to the boxes(ROAR'S), H&R Coilovers, Hotchkiss ARB's, 19x10's with 275-30-19 PSS's at each corner, Kenwood 9960 Head unit, V1 Radar Locator. 517 Trans Rebuild, ScrollProducts Turbo Rebuild.

Thx guys - Will contact him.

Has he done tuning for you both?

Quote Originally Posted by ssassc1 View Post
    Thx guys - Will contact him.

Has he done tuning for you both?
    Yes he has Tuned my car. He is very Flexible and Extremely knowledgeable on Audi machines. Tell him what you want and he will do it. His TCU upgrade from what I hear (V8wieght) is on a par or better than MTM TCU chip. I have the MTM TCU chip installed right now, but I am switching over to the Viper chip (which I have) as soon as I can muster up enough courage to solder it in myself. Just give him a call you'll see what I mean.......................
    03 RS6, VIPER ECU, MTM TCU, Milltek Full Catless Non Res setup from Turbos to the boxes(ROAR'S), H&R Coilovers, Hotchkiss ARB's, 19x10's with 275-30-19 PSS's at each corner, Kenwood 9960 Head unit, V1 Radar Locator. 517 Trans Rebuild, ScrollProducts Turbo Rebuild.

Quote Originally Posted by ssassc1 View Post
    Hi all

My motor is out and I'm going to get the down pipes gutted.

Could someone pls recommend a good tuner in the US that can tune remotely as I live in Australia?

Cheers, John
    hi john , john from melb..i spoke to rich when i was having some issues with a melb workshop , he was most helpful (he is based (isle of man) UK

Richard Weir [rich@vipertuning.com]
    2004 RS6
    APR, KW, REMUS

I am shipping my ECU to him today based on feedback from this forum. If that helps with your decision. It's 450 GBP which is pretty reasonable.

Thanks for the repies guys.Is the tune worth it? What's it like to drive in the real world after the tune is done?

Every tune is worth it! You ever tune a boosted car before? It's a bit addicting...

I think giac is the only real loser from what i've heard, Revo takes some messing with. Viper, Euro, oct, epl, apr, good stuff...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Yes. My last car was a FPV Typoon that was tuned to over 600hp. Aussie straight 6 with a big turbo bolted to the side. Very popular over here.

I guess what I ment to say is the tune gain is say 50hp on the RS6 (10%) power increase? Is that really noticeable on the road?

Cool! Yes for sure, and the 75tq helps a bit...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

He reset my ECU because of a failure, send him my ecu and tcu (tcu to prepare for more power...) to put his magic in it....
    Mugello Blue C5 RS6 Avant Viper Tuning ECU/TCU
    MTM Bimoto wheels 9,5 x 19 ET 30 LK 5x112 with 275/30/19 tyres
    MTM exhaust system cat back 4-pipe with throttle valves in 2 pipes, control