Thread: New Owner in Illinois

New Owner in Illinois

HI guys. I have been following this site for a little over a year. Within that time I have gained soooo much valuable knowledge
    from here about the RS6. The Good, as well as the BAD of owning this car. Without this site, I'm sure I would have shy'd away from this purchase. But I digress....After looking for about a year and going back and forth with "Nooo, I don't want this car", "Ohhh yeahhhh, I've got to have THIS car", I finally found THE ONE that I want and will be picking it up around 3pm today. It's at a BMW dealership in St. Louis. The saleman that I've been dealing with knows the owner and says that this guy takes very good care of his cars, in fact this particular owner traded this RS6 in for the new 2013 M5!! They have all the service records I think. I've already found an 3rd party warranty service for it that includes 4years/50,000 miles. $100 deductible, with no cap for a Hell of alot cheaper than the BMW warranty service that was only for 2 years/24,000 miles. This is it at the dealership and I will take more pictures when I get it later on today.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	29048013501.336158318.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.562x421.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	45.5 KB 
ID:	13508

Cool, good deal there, sweet warranty, welcome. Looks like she's got the drc recall done with the back pumped up a bit. Nice clean example sounds like, enjoy!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Welcome aboard the...

210K miles rolled

Welcome to the forum.
    How much is the warranty? And what company if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks guys. Its been a long time coming!! Lol. I'm not sure about the DRC recall but I will ask the dealership if they know if it has been done. Would be sweet if it was. I know they said the 75K service has been done already. I got a CarFax record of it and nothing really stood out. I know thats not saying alot though.
    The Vin number of this car is 904985.

Quote Originally Posted by audiprotn View Post
    Welcome to the forum.
    How much is the warranty? And what company if you don't mind me asking?
    I am curious also on the warranty as mine expires in 11hrs...
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

The whole warranty was about $3,500. The company is called Royal Extended service Plan protection. A buddy of mine had the coverage for his S4 and he loved them, so I gave them a call. I think their customer service and quote number is (855)440-7707.

Yeah, Ben you and Audiprotn should at least give them a call and get a quote. I'm hoping that I don't have to use it anytime soon but it helps my peace of mind knowing its there.

Ben, I sent you a message. Did you get it? I'm still getting use to how to post and private message people. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrs6 View Post
    Ben, I sent you a message. Did you get it? I'm still getting use to how to post and private message people. Lol
    Yep! thank you!
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Welcome aboard!

Ok, picked up the car and all I can say is WOOOOW!! I am soooo glad I didn't let the horror stories and all the "RS6 Haters" out there change my mind about buying this car!! Ive got a few plans for it, not too many though. I need to get that stock Bose system with the cassette player out, ASAP!! Lol I will replace that with the Kenwood DNX9990 head unit like the one that was in my A4. Will get the ECU and TUC eventually and I'll probably replace the stocks rims (wheels). Other than that, thats pretty much it. I reaally love the "Sleeper Look" that it has. I passed a guy in what looked like an 05 CTS-V on the Interstate when I was bringing the car home and he damn near broke his neck to see what I was driving. Ha ha ha ha
    Will post pictures soon.......

Will get the ECU and TCU eventually ....
    Wait all you want on the ECU, but don't put off the TCU chip.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Thanks, JSRS6. What is the deal with the MTM TCU? Is their anyone is the "States" selling these or is Canada the only source right now? I looked at some prices on the APR chip but I don't think the sell just the TCU chip. I think its an ECU/TCU package deal.

From the research I've done on this site Eurocharged has the best member rating for ECU tuning with the MTM TCU being a mandatory pre-requisite. MTM Canada came recommended by multiple members and my initial info request on a TCU from Francois came in just an hour. Below is his response:

the procedure to remove the TCU can be found at:
    http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/21...ht=tcu+removal

It is quite easy.

The cost of the procedure is 150 CAD + taxes (if applicable) and app. 30 to 70 CAD for shipping the TCU back (70 CAD for an overnight).

If you overnight it to us, just declare it as 50$ (rework/repair under warranty) so we don't lose anytime and money with customs.

We usually can ship back same/next day.

let me know if you need more info!

---
    Francois Beaumont
    Horchaus - Performance Tuning
    f.beaumont@horchaus.com
    www.horchaus.com
    Tel: (514) 495-2779
    Fax: (514) 495-2779
    Current: 2003 Audi RS6, 2007 E63 AMG, 2011 Dodge Ram
    Previous: 07 RS4, 05 E55 AMG, 03 S8, 04 A8L, 04 S4, 01 A8L

Heyyy Francois, thanks for the info. I will get started on this ASAP!! Man, I LOVE this site!!

Ok, picked up the car and all I can say is WOOOOW!! I am soooo glad I didn't let the horror stories and all the "RS6 Haters" out there change my mind about buying this car!! Ive got a few plans for it, not too many though. I need to get that stock Bose system with the cassette player out, ASAP!! Lol I will replace that with the Kenwood DNX9990 head unit like the one that was in my A4. Will get the ECU and TUC eventually and I'll probably replace the stocks rims (wheels). Other than that, thats pretty much it. I reaally love the "Sleeper Look" that it has. I passed a guy in what looked like an 05 CTS-V on the Interstate when I was bringing the car home and he damn near broke his neck to see what I was driving. Ha ha ha ha
    Will post pictures soon.......
    Bobby:

+1 on replacing the sound system. After considering an RNS-E upgrade, I put in a 3rd party iPod adaptor that plugged into the Symphony Head unit and also put in a 3rd party Novero BT unit for my phone. Bad idea. The unit was flaky at the best of times and the sound was middling. I finally got an Alpine INE W535 HD head unit and replaced all of the speakers and subs with stuff from JL audio. The car has never sounded better.
    Also...do the tune. I did mine through STASIS and it transforms the car.
    Welcome to the club!