Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cheapest price on OEM rotors right now

Quote Originally Posted by Brav View Post
    Good to hear about the JHM and Stoptech pads. I was going to try those pads next. No fade from super hard stops from say 90+?
    I cant say that I have tried a stop from 90+. I live in the Bay Area, CA, getting to 90 is challenging enough. Braking from that would cause a pileup of enormous proportions. Stay tuned to your favorite news channel tonight.

In all seriousness I got the street pad. There was a pad they offered that was one level up that might be better if you are concerned about brake fade. I do occasional twisties so the street pad was fine for me.
    03' RS6 - Mugello Blue, Ebony Interior. 19" V710's
    Sold - 06 6SP Silver B7 S4 - APR Exh, piggies, JHM ECU, VMR V708's
    Sold - 01.5 B5 S4 6-Speed - Neuspeed Exhaust, GIAC-X ECU, Shifter, VMR V708's

Wow, you guys are crazy for spending that kinda coin on rotors. I just bought mine for $38.61 apiece plus shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WAGNER-BD126...ee5cf8&vxp=mtr

Josh

You have a link for these? Pic?

Quote Originally Posted by JSRS6 View Post
    Received my fronts this morning on my doorstep, and i can confirm these are OE. The rears will be here on the 27th. Will update when those come in.

$549 for front rotors

$523 for rear rotors

Quote Originally Posted by 10SecS4 View Post
    Wow, you guys are crazy for spending that kinda coin on rotors. I just bought mine for $38.61 apiece plus shipping.

That is the same rotor that is listed as a rotor for a Volkswagen Passat in some cases.

I see varying specs:

Your outer diameter is 320MM
    The OEM rotor size is 365mm

Your rotor thickness is 29.9mm
    OEM Rotor thickness is 34.0

I *think* the correct Wagner PN you wanted was BD180229 and BD180230. Lets hope you are getting what you think you are. Keep us posted as to what is delivered and how it fits.
    Last edited by Dynmicracr; March 27th, 2013 at 17:24.

I'm almost positive I'm going to get the wrong rotors but it does say RS6 so I'm going to give them hell if they don't make good and give me the correct rotors for the price I paid.

I'm almost positive I'm going to get the wrong rotors but it does say RS6 so I'm going to give them hell if they don't make good and give me the correct rotors for the price I paid.
    Then again they could blame you for not doing your homework and grant you a refund. That is before they deduct the amount for you shipping them back to them and maybe even a restocking fee. Them giving you $1000 in free rotors (Rock Auto charges 510 for each of those part #'s I listed above) I see highly unlikely. No matter how good they want their customer service to be.

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Josh

You have a link for these? Pic?
    Got them on partsgeek.

Will go out and take pics, but they are oem.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Yea, and those cheap Wagner Ebay rotors are also coded as China for country of manufacture, good luck with those.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Really? I thought you were just poking at the hornets nest...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

A bunch of goodness...dang, might just order me some!

http://www.partsgeek.com/mmparts/bra.../audi/rs6.html
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com