Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Awful Audi Maintenance Service!!!

Lesson learned: Don't EVER bring your car to an Audi dealer!
    2013 Audi S8

Quote Originally Posted by ttboost View Post
    +1

I'm sorry, I forgot to check who the manufacturer was, I really don't want to open the airbox again to check! :P
    However, I'm sure Google is your friend!

By the way, I also found out that the beast is chiptuned, which the previous owner didn't say anything about, haha!
    2004 Audi RS6 - 4.2 V8
    1993 Audi S4 - 4.2 V8
    2007 Audi A8 - 4.2 V8

Easy to spot a bad plug. A quick check by listening to things as the exhaust exits will hint at it. You comment about the stock air filters not allowing sufficient flow is disconcerting. There is no reason a stock air filter wouldn't work. Irrespective of either, good to hear you got it running well.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Glad its fixed, that stuff happens sometimes, just sucks when you get overcharged to boot.

Word has always been use stock air filters. They probably just sealed stuff up right when replacing...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by ttboost View Post
    They're not all bad, personally I only let my local's head mechanic on my cars asking for him in person and all the jobs I have had done were perfect.
    Hanging the tail out is Vanity
    but choosing AWD is Sanity

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post

Word has always been use stock air filters. They probably just sealed stuff up right when replacing...
    +1 Agreed!
    2003 RS6 l SE Exhaust l Koni Yellow Sports w/stock springs l Lowered 1"F 1.25"R l EPL Tuned l 19 x 9.5 VMR V713 & 265 PSS's l 50% window tint l Protective film on entire hood, bumper and front quarter panels l

Quote Originally Posted by mdegracia View Post
    Just curious, who are the HP airfilters made by?

I recall seeming a post of flow results comparing K&N's to the stock filters and the stockers out flowed the K&N's.

Glad you got everything resolved!
    ive testest this and reported findings in a thread. No flow difference between stock and K&N. Data logged runs within an hour of each other. Stock paper flows the same and filters better.

A good seal around the MAF's is critical.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

I have had a very negative experience from a local audi dealer. From the having to drive a rental hyundai because AOA won't provide another audi unless you purchased from the dealer to having to bring my car back in because they forgot to put bolts back on. Once the warranty expired it was off to other places.

Quote Originally Posted by 4everRS View Post
    ive testest this and reported findings in a thread. No flow difference between stock and K&N.
    Who said it was K&N? The seal was sufficient, there wasn't any leaks in the airbox. And one sparkplug doesn't choke the car like that.
    So I guess it have to be the airfilters afterall, huh?
    2004 Audi RS6 - 4.2 V8
    1993 Audi S4 - 4.2 V8
    2007 Audi A8 - 4.2 V8

Quote Originally Posted by Primo View Post
    Who said it was K&N? The seal was sufficient, there wasn't any leaks in the airbox. And one sparkplug doesn't choke the car like that.
    So I guess it have to be the airfilters afterall, huh?
    K&N's were discussed earlier, it's good info, and how do you know the seal was sufficient when you didn't know what was wrong with the car in the first place. I'd be much happier to get info from folks on here myself, even it's not spot on...

What's the tune and turbos you're running to need all this extra air? Full boost on stock turbos with stock filters for me, it's a rocket!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Because I did a quick leaktest on the airbox. I do pressure testing for a living and have done for the last 7 years, so yes, I know that the airbox wasn't leaking.
    2004 Audi RS6 - 4.2 V8
    1993 Audi S4 - 4.2 V8
    2007 Audi A8 - 4.2 V8

Interesting, well glad it's sorted! I could see a plug messing with the ecu, not sure the extent. It just seems that even filters with reduced flow wouldn't affect the car until under boost...

I wouldn't think so either, but obviously it does

And yeah, glad it's sorted!
    2004 Audi RS6 - 4.2 V8
    1993 Audi S4 - 4.2 V8
    2007 Audi A8 - 4.2 V8

OEM filters work just fine on high boost. There is no airflow concerns with OEM whatsoever. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    They're not all bad, personally I only let my local's head mechanic on my cars asking for him in person and all the jobs I have had done were perfect.
    Exactly what I do as well. The lead Audi tech, 27+ years, has the same standards for the car that I do. Does the work on all my cars, if he's unavailable, I drive another until he's back from vacation.
    2003 RS6, Mugello/Silver, MTM Stage 1 ECM, and TCM mod, Abt 19 inch wheels for summer, stock 18s for winter, RS6+ Pedals INSTALLED! 2Bennett coilover system, 2Bennett front brakes; DRC gone!

Quote Originally Posted by Primo View Post
    Because I did a quick leaktest on the airbox. I do pressure testing for a living and have done for the last 7 years, so yes, I know that the airbox wasn't leaking.
    Glad to hear it is all sorted...

Could you elaborate on the "quick leak test on the airbox"? Thanks.
    2003 RS6 l SE Exhaust l Koni Yellow Sports w/stock springs l Lowered 1"F 1.25"R l EPL Tuned l 19 x 9.5 VMR V713 & 265 PSS's l 50% window tint l Protective film on entire hood, bumper and front quarter panels l