Thread: Just got a 75K quote and other items needed done....any thoughts?

Just got a 75K quote and other items needed done....any thoughts?

Just received this from the dealer....not cheap, $4,500 not including the $2,800 75k service. Does the engine really need to be pulled for the exhaust gas temp sensor...$1,800+?

So $2,800 for the 75K service plus $4,485.66 for other items....$7,300 service?

The battery failed the battery test and needs to be replaced for $320.94. >The trunk button can be replaced for $138.68. >There is a front prop shaft seal that is leaking oil and to repair will cost $421.66. >The wiper blades need to be replace for $115.67 because they are streaking. >The left front outer C.V. boot is leaking grease because it is torn and to replace is $344.60. >There are three stored faults in the ECM that at one time had part failures. This means that a check engine light came on . >The first code p2181 cooling system performance failure, we tested and found the coolant temperature sensor malfunctioning to repair cost is $102.88. >The second failure code was p0442, a small evaporation leak, the purge valve is not working correctly and the gas cap seal is leaking. These items need to be replace for $254.08.>The last code is p1455 exhaust gas temp sensor, sensor is not sending a plausible signal, there is an updated sensor kit available from Audi. The exhaust gas temp sensor is in the back of the engine and the engine is to big meaning you have to take the engine out to replace the sensor which will cost $1,871.94. >You have vacuum lines that are shrinking not leaking yet that goes to the combi valves which are part of secondary air system. This would be more preventive maintenance and would cost $114.76.>The transmission pan is leaking also and to repair this will cost $800.45.

You should really look into a good local European car shop.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Egts are really tough to get to. You should have timing belt also right? It could be that all of those repairs arent immediate, and a local indie shop can be a big saver if good. Im assuming you're getting cel light? Yep, spendy car to work on. Trans pan may be $800, but figure the drain/refill will take hours and $200 in fluid, prices do seem a bit high, but youve got lots of little issues there...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

I appreciate your replies.
    I have never had any oil drips...ever. Does the engine need to be pulled to replace the EGT sensors? I work on all my cars but have only done oil changes on my RS6. How hard to replace the oil pan gasket?

Thanks
    Brian

In my past experience, a good shop(hopefully familiar with this platform) will unbolt engine carriage/ and tilt back end of engine down, thats how several mechanics got to my egt's and other tight fixes. My buddy who owns his own shop told me basically when he worked at a dealer, they always quote by the 'book' and will lower rear of engine down as I just described.
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

Like speedtrapped said, no need to remove the engine for egt replacement. Just lower the assembly a couple inches. Find a good indy with RS6 experience in your area will save you $$$$.
    2003 Rs6 Mugello/Ebony Eurocharged/APR R1 DV's/RNS-E/KW-v3/Hotchkis/Full Milltek Cat-less/Apikol IC's/D.O. water-meth/ 6 speed SOLD!! Next???

Quote Originally Posted by NSXER View Post
    How hard to replace the oil pan gasket?

Thanks
    Brian
    You'll have to remove the pan right, draining all fluid. So think $200 in fluid, a filter, and a few hours as the fill needs to be done slowly and temp tested with vag-com. And some like to trim the pickup tube a bit so that it won't touch the bottom of the pan if it gets dented...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

I love the tranny pan r&r for 800. Holy sh#* this is a screw job
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

It sounds like they really want to see you leave in a new S6....
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

Or just bring it down to AZ in 2weeks and have the Pat and Dave show do it for 4600

Quote Originally Posted by V8weight View Post
    It sounds like they really want to see you leave in a new S6....

Quote Originally Posted by 4everRS View Post
    I love the tranny pan r&r for 800. Holy sh#* this is a screw job

+1....Trans filter and gasket about $34. Even if you use the LT17411 spec fluid at $10/qt for about $80 you are in it for $114 for parts. Takes me about an hour to do it. $700/hour?? I should quit my day job.

If you can change your own oil, you can do the tranny. If you have access to a lift.

Quote Originally Posted by 905084 View Post
    If you can change your own oil, you can do the tranny. If you have access to a lift.
    ...and a Vag-Com
    2008 A4 2.0TQ Quartz Grey Metallic S-Line/Titanium Package
    2017 A4 2.0TQ Glacier White Metallic Prestige Sport
    2003 RS6 TOTALED.-----Searching for a replacement

I was more entertained/appalled by the $115.67 for wiper blades, because they were streaking. Maybe it's some of them 150mph high speed special ones...

Quote Originally Posted by marklar182 View Post
    ...and a Vag-Com
    I used VCDS-Lite. It's free, and bought a 99 cent cable off eBay to hook it up. Having done it now several times, it really isn't that hard to get between the 30-50c without the Vag.

As for the wipers, I'm guessing it is because they sell the whole assembly. You can buy a replacement for $10, but you lose the 150mph wiper look. Anyone have a source for just the 22 inch blade? They used to sell them everywhere, but now they only sell the cartridge.