Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FS: 'Special Sauce'

Based on user input, lets say people are averaging 325whp stock, book says brake hp is 450. So we're looking at 28% drivetrain loss. Regarless seems that a percentage makes much more sense than saying x car losses x power. The amount lost changes as your hp changes in the engine yes, or is the drag of the rs6 tc and trans/driveline always ~125hp?
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by speedtrapped View Post
    Todd,
    pare u buying new Vagon? Find one off lease or owner can't stomach gas mileage, the diff in price is like $25k plus.
    I never buy new, I'll definitely be buying preowned. I picked up a 06' land cruiser for the winter so hopefully the RS6 sells soon and I'll have time to wait for the right one.

Quote Originally Posted by Vdub View Post

Ontopic again:
    The topic is actually my for sale post, so you can please move this discussion elsewhere. But thanks for the bumps, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Vdub View Post
    Maybe a Mustang performs amazing on our Dyno, i dont know because they are not sold that much here.
    You do realize Mustang is the brand of dyno, right? Dynojet seems to be the other here in the states...

Last post, sorry, back to awesome car for sale...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Want to wait 16 months?
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

Want to wait 16 months?

I'm sure there will be a pretty blue one with a 6 speed available by then...probably making the same power...
    2013 Audi S8

Want to wait 16 months?
    If the end buyout is acceptable, why not just transfer lease and be done for the both of you. That way OP has a monthly payment rather than one big payout until his car sells, which it definitely will. You get out of the V and he gets into one tastefully modded right off the bat.
    91' NSX Turbo 700whp/550tq
    03' RS6 550ish bhp/tq
    09' R8 :-)

Quote Originally Posted by na1mt View Post
    If the end buyout is acceptable, why not just transfer lease and be done for the both of you. That way OP has a monthly payment rather than one big payout until his car sells, which it definitely will. You get out of the V and he gets into one tastefully modded right off the bat.
    if only his was white....

I found a V that I don't want to miss on, and my wife will skin my alive if I have 5 cars; price drop to $30,000

must resist the urge.... Bronco sold, 996tt still 4 sale...if it was gone, I could...... must resist.
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

Come on man...unzip that mattress...let it out...
    2013 Audi S8

must resist the urge.... Bronco sold, 996tt still 4 sale...if it was gone, I could...... must resist.
    you sold the bronco?! Had you finished it?

Bronco sold
    WHA?!?!?!? I was going to call you on this .... damn
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

pending as of today..... when check is in hand, then its sold. Todd, no I never did paint job, I did body harness. But stuff was left, and If I waited till summer, I could of done better, but promised wife I was going to lose some cars. If this guy comes thru, he is buying it for $11k.

pending as of today..... when check is in hand, then its sold. Todd, no I never did paint job, I did body harness. But stuff was left, and If I waited till summer, I could of done better, but promised wife I was going to lose some cars. If this guy comes thru, he is buying it for $11k.
    That's a good price, I was looking hard at Bronco's before I settled on a FJ40 this summer.

Restoring an old one or fixing up a newer one?
    2013 Audi S8

Quote Originally Posted by ttboost View Post
    Restoring an old one or fixing up a newer one?
    The one I bought was built a few years back by a guy and his son to pound around the Rubicon with. It's a '68, but it has a V8, lockers, 35's, etc, it's definitely not a show queen, but it's not a POS either. I got the rust of the floors and put a bedliner product on it, and the plan is to repaint the body this spring.

I'd very much like to see actual 1/4 times vs. power claims. All of the previous posts about dyno power are useless since every single machine varies from manufacturer to manufacturer and even then vary slightly from machine to machine for that same manufacturer. All you fellow posters need to quit using a dyno sheet to tout the performance of your rides. It means squat. Dyno's are a method to baseline your ride and then through adjustments in your ride, confirm or negate additional performance gains. Nothing more - nothing less. Physics speaks. I had a dyno done on my one beast here and the AWHP # was only 365. Safe to say that no matter what type of calculator you use, 365whp doesn't push a nominal 4500lbs (w/ driver) down the 1320 in sub 12 seconds.... A more than suffient example of why you can't rely on dyno #'s.

There are many modified beasts for fellow members. Some more modified than the next; and then some with obscene mods. Show me a trap speed over a set distance - or a time over that same distance - and that speaks volumes on the performance of the engine. The numbers presented in the ads description suggest this car is a mid 11 second runner at sea level which would make it possibly the quickest example of our ride out there! I am not in a position to purchase a third beast, nor replace one of the two here, but if for nothing other than discussion purposes it would be nice to substantiate the physical performance of the ride vs referring to what I view as "just a number" from your local dyno shop.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down