Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FS: 'Special Sauce'

FS: 'Special Sauce'

Yes, this is Stephen's (speedtrapped) old car, the build is well documented, but interested parties can contact me and I'd be happy to give them the long story. I had a full PPI done before I purchased it, the dealer found nothing of issue, in fact the service writer kept me on the phone for over 15 minutes telling me how perfect and beautiful it was. Upon my purchase of the vehicle I had the car dyno'd and found that the vehicle was in fact running lean (again, something documented on these forums), so I contacted EPL. Several months later my appointment date was finally up, and took it to CT. I instructed them to go over the engine thoroughly to track down the issue, and any other issues. They did full leak down/compression, and changed anything that needed it (which was only, the plugs and diverter valve vacuum lines). They found that the fuel pump wasn't operating properly, and that the injectors were partially clogged. A new fuel pump, and custom fuel injectors were installed. Ultimately the vehicle made 487 hp and 607 tq on their dyno; that was about two months, and about 1500 miles ago.

The car is my daily driver, not raced, or even really pushed hard, and it has been dead reliable, I have never had an unexpected issue with it, and I don't foresee that the next owner will either. The build has very few miles on it, and it was done right, and done with the best parts available. The only reason I'm selling is to get a CTSV Wagon.

Chassis - 84,xxx miles
    Engine/Tranny - 63,xxx miles
    Mileage on build - 15,xxx miles

mods:

-DBR Stage 3 turbos (hybrid GT30s)/intake/downpipes/100 cell cats
    -milltek exhaust
    -Level 10 custom built tranny and torque converter
    -Wagner side mount intercoolers and carbon fiber shrouds
    -EPL custom fuel injectors
    -EPL custom dyno tune
    -KW.3 coilovers
    -Stern engine mounts
    -Apikol rear diff and engine mounts
    -Snow stage 3 meth injection
    -BBS RS-GT wheels without a scratch on them - the wheels/tires have about 10,000 miles on them
    -Frozen front\rear rotors and pads - they also have about 10,000 miles on them

A couple other additional items:
    -remote start
    -carbon fiber trim
    -custom steering wheel paddles
    -Clarion head unit
    -Pirelli Sottozero snow tires on the OEM wheels - they have about 1000 miles on them

I can be reached via PM, or at todd@ homefirstmortgage dot com for additional photos. The weather has not cooperated as of late, so here is one from the end of last year (I no longer have the CF chin spoiler on)

Price: $33,000 (if you're looking to finance it, you can do so with Pentagon Federal CU up to the NADA retail value at 1.49% / 60 months)

Then you'll have to spend some bucks.... 487bhp is way to less for a GT30 setup...

GLWS

Quote Originally Posted by Vdub View Post
    Then you'll have to spend some bucks.... 487bhp is way to less for a GT30 setup...
    This CLEARLY isn't the B5 A4/S4 forum of Audizine, take the crappy comments elsewhere...
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Well said Ben. I owned the car prior, too my kknowledge the DBR turbos are hybrid of the OEM RS6, bigger turbine, iirc. That said, I spent alot of $$ on this car, as Todd has added to total. This car is in need of nothin, and I am sad that I can't buy her. Someone want to buy my Porsche? And 71' Bronco, then Todd and I can talk. Todd GLWS.
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

Numbers are 487/607 on a DYNO, add 20% and you get the BHP...I believe it was a Mustang dyno so the reading is on the honest/lower side...

I pulled 421/452 on a Mustang dyno this summer and my car feels like a rocket, can only image, sweet ride, want!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    GLWS

This CLEARLY isn't the B5 A4/S4 forum of Audizine, take the crappy comments elsewhere...
    Please count to 10 and don't shoot..

Strange answer for someone with 4000 posts.. it was more meant as a saying, if i read the specs lik cats (and methanol injection)etc and the only extra bhp is 36, MEASURED on a dyno, a normal (good)RS6 would do 450Bhp easily..
    I know that because i have to deal with a superflow 4wd dyno every week..

TS his car is completely modified according his list.. why would you pay that ammount of money(org owner) for only 36BHP increase..

Edit:

Most Dyno's measure Wheel HP and is calculated into Engine HP, that Engine HP is also what Audi specifies on the sales folder/spec sheet.
    If TS is writing Wheel HP then it is slightly better at approx 530Bhp Engine HP
    Last edited by Vdub; December 28th, 2012 at 23:20.

I remember the Dyno runs and it was WHP. Most of us I think prefer to use WHP since that is what we read right off the Dyno, although we also want to know what Dyno and what the temp, humidity, etc.. are. Nobody, including Audi has ever posted a definitive answer to what would be the best WHP to Crank HP conversion for our cars and I do understand it can be a little different car to car. Unless I Dyno my car, then pull the engine and Dyno it, I will never know what my Drivetrain losses are going to be. That said, where is the Dyno you work at Vdub, I wouldn't mind putting my car on it?
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

The car put down 607 ft lbs through an auto tranny.....that is an incredible improvement over stock.
    91' NSX Turbo 700whp/550tq
    03' RS6 550ish bhp/tq
    09' R8 :-)

I just plain love this car. GLWS

Stephen did a fine job short of fixing the fueling issue and that was becuase his shop just couldnt figure it out. Now that that is fixed this should be a garage queen that comes out to play on summer days and it will last 10 more years.

Ben-let me go get some popcorn.

Please count to 10 and don't shoot..

Strange answer for someone with 4000 posts.. it was more meant as a saying, if i read the specs lik cats (and methanol injection)etc and the only extra bhp is 36, MEASURED on a dyno, a normal (good)RS6 would do 450Bhp easily..
    I know that because i have to deal with a superflow 4wd dyno every week..

TS his car is completely modified according his list.. why would you pay that ammount of money(org owner) for only 36BHP increase..

Edit:

Most Dyno's measure Wheel HP and is calculated into Engine HP, that Engine HP is also what Audi specifies on the sales folder/spec sheet.
    If TS is writing Wheel HP then it is slightly better at approx 530Bhp Engine HP
    I need clarification on a couple things.

With all your knowledge, how did you calculate 487 to 530? I'm sure you understand, it's considered 'drivetrain loss' meaning you start the calculation with the crank hp. So if you take 600 and multiply by .8 (assuming 20% loss, which is debatable) you get 480 at the wheels. Of course you can work it the other way, but lets keep this simple.

Also, as already mentioned, this mustang dyno # is awhp. Not crank. It's also known that Tony's dyno is know to show low numbers when compared to others.

And just a side note, your credentials have yet to be determined or verified. As far as any of us know, you're expeirience lies in slamming Volkswagens to the ground. Nothing more.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

I was under the assumption 25-30% drivetrain loss was more accurate, never the less the numbers I posted where at the wheels. So you're talking over 600 HP and 750 tqs at the wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by mgoblue View Post
    I was under the assumption 25-30% drivetrain loss was more accurate, never the less the numbers I posted where at the wheels. So you're talking over 600 HP and 750 tqs at the wheels.
    25-30 seems more correct.

I'm pretty sure the 01E looses 20-22 in the B5 S4, and we're talking about a 24HP with longer axles and a longer driveshaft.

ugh.. that's horrible.

mgoblue,

Could you measure the current suspension ride height on your car? Center of the hub to fender lip front and rear would be great. I would like to get some idea on everyones KW heights before installing mine next month.

Over the past few years, 18-20% seems to be the estimate, bust out the calc, add it up, and realize no matter what the exact number this is one badass rs6...and I think i can raise hell in mine, lordy!

//end
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    mgoblue,

Could you measure the current suspension ride height on your car? Center of the hub to fender lip front and rear would be great. I would like to get some idea on everyones KW heights before installing mine next month.
    D, guy here in town running the kw's also if more numbers are needed...

Yeah, along with a side and profile shot. I will be running RS4 19x9s on both cars and 255/35/19s on both as well. I will start a new thread so we can build some data for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    D, guy here in town running the kw's also if more numbers are needed...

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Yeah, along with a side and profile shot. I will be running RS4 19x9s on both cars and 255/35/19s on both as well. I will start a new thread so we can build some data for everyone.
    Good, G2 has messed with wheel/tire/height fit a decent amount, I'll try and give him a shout...

On EPL's Mustang dyno, my RS6 made 317/360 BONE STOCK. This is what almost EVERY bone stock RS6 makes on that dyno. With a EPL flash, my car made 400/460. Special Sauce has RS6 hybrid turbos (which add about 30-40whp alone at the same boost) some intake piping and a decent fuel system now, which likely accounts for the additional 75-80whp.
    I THINK what is being suggested is that these hybrid RS6 turbos have been known to make 500-600whp on B5 S4's, so why isn't our V8 car making 600-700? Good question. The likely answer is injectors and boost. Special Sauce is probably only making 20-22psi or 1.3-1.5bar? These big power S4's are pushing 30-35psi or 2-2.4bar.
    I'm very curious what my car will make now with the 6 speed, and I hope to baseline it to see what we actually gain BACK for driveline loss.

To the OP, good luck with sale...pretty special car.
    2013 Audi S8