Thread: Need help getting on the RS6 "Train"

Need help getting on the RS6 "Train"

All -
    Well, I've done my homework and have decided to get serious about buying an RS6. Joined the site because I need some help finding the right car. Already been doing the typical Autotrader, Craigslist, Ebay, etc. searches for about a month, and nothing stands out to me as being the car to get. Perhaps my location (Michigan) puts me at a disadvantage as there do not appear to be many in the state. Willing to travel and/or ship to get the right car, but would obviously prefer to do a deal within a 300 +/- mile radius.

The wish list would include:

Exterior: Any (top notch condition)
    Interior: Black leather with carbon fiber trim (top notch condition)
    Mileage: 65K max
    History: All records and no accidents / no immediate issues (i.e. DRC, timing belt, torque conv, brakes, etc.)
    Bonus: SE exhaust, Fidelity warranty
    Price: Going rate

Not really sure about mods/tuning. My gut tells me to go for a stock RS6, but I have seen some nice mods (RNS-E), especially on this site. Not sure if I will use the car as a DD or not.

Thanks in advance for the assist, and any wisdom that can be imparted!!

Hans

you should either get it at 45-50k miles or 75-80k, at 65k you will have to do the TB, which is due at 70k, anyway this could also give you the opportunity to lower the price and then you can do the TB , for other advices just read the forum and have some cash around all the time or get the best warranty you can if no cash , good luck!
    Ex.: 2004 Audi RS6 C5 ABT, Milltek non-resonated, 19" RS4 B7 rims, RNS-E - SOLD
    2004 AUdi RS6 C5, SE exhaust, RNS-E, 19' original rims - SOLD
    Now :2009 Audi RS6 C6 - stock yet pretty fast

Someone just posted the best example you will find, look back a few days, enjoy!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

It was gone in a matter of hours.

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Someone just posted the best example you will find, look back a few days, enjoy!