Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lost Nemo 4.2 to Hurricane Sandy..... Joining the RS6 ranks

Lost Nemo 4.2 to Hurricane Sandy..... Joining the RS6 ranks

Hello all. Long time Audi owner. Buying a Mugello 2003 RS6 to replace my beloved Nemo 4.2. I've been reading through many of the posts and articles. This place has been great at giving me information to inquire about regarding the condition of the target purchase car. Between the Turbos and the DRC, there is ALOT of stuff that can go/be wrong on these cars when compared to the N/A 4.2.

The car is being shipped to me in NYC from an Audi dealership in Georgia, Gwinett Audi. I am MAJORLY stoked..... I am going to put a bow on it and give it to myself for x-mas. I look forward to being around here.....

Welcome and don't forget piccies when she arrives as we all love piccies

Welcome!

I made the exact same move, from the exact same car (2001 Nemo Blue A6 4.2L sport) but for a different reason in Jan 2012. My Nemo had 240k+ miles when sold.... It was time to run with the cool kids!

What was your history with the 4.2L A6 na?... Miles, repairs etc.
    2003 RS6 l SE Exhaust l Koni Yellow Sports w/stock springs l Lowered 1"F 1.25"R l EPL Tuned l 19 x 9.5 VMR V713 & 265 PSS's l 50% window tint l Protective film on entire hood, bumper and front quarter panels l

Thanks Amanda

Quote Originally Posted by amanda View Post
    Welcome and don't forget piccies when she arrives as we all love piccies
    Ill be sure to post up some pics when I gets here...

Welcome aboard da crazy train

Quote Originally Posted by Amulet-S6 View Post
    Come on Max... he deserves the photo too!
    edit: pursuant to popular demand

Welcome aboard the....
    Last edited by MaxRS6; December 6th, 2012 at 22:52.
    210K miles rolled

Hey 4.2Crew.... 240k? Wow. Wish I could have had Nemo that long. My car had 106k when it drowned.

Mods:
    Giac Tune/TCU, Bilstein adjustable, HR Springs, gutted prec-cats, resonator-delete, 4 inch oval tips, Magnaflow round straight-thrus, air intake w/ fab ram air, ECB slotted/x-drilled brakes, Pagid pads, S6 upper-lower grills, tints all around, and the piece-de-resistance (w/ French Accent) BBS LMs 20"s, staggered set up. Mmmm I'm gonna miss my car so much.

So how's life in turbonium-land? I've always wanted an RS6. So I'm really looking forward to it showing up. Like REALLY REALLY looking forward to it. Any advice for an RS6 noob?

Quote Originally Posted by Kgnast View Post
    Any advice for an RS6 noob?
    Purchase a box of sh$t eating grin wipes...;0
    210K miles rolled

Welcome to the crazy train as Maxx put it.

My only advice is not to buy the Giac tune for the RS6. There are lots of others to choose and members can point in the right direction but Giac has never shown good results. Enjoy the new beast and hope thinks are looking up for the folks in Sandys path.

Quote Originally Posted by Kgnast View Post
    Hey 4.2Crew.... 240k? Wow. Wish I could have had Nemo that long. My car had 106k when it drowned.

Mods:
    Giac Tune/TCU, Bilstein adjustable, HR Springs, gutted prec-cats, resonator-delete, 4 inch oval tips, Magnaflow round straight-thrus, air intake w/ fab ram air, ECB slotted/x-drilled brakes, Pagid pads, S6 upper-lower grills, tints all around, and the piece-de-resistance (w/ French Accent) BBS LMs 20"s, staggered set up. Mmmm I'm gonna miss my car so much.

So how's life in turbonium-land? I've always wanted an RS6. So I'm really looking forward to it showing up. Like REALLY REALLY looking forward to it. Any advice for an RS6 noob?

Congrats!! Having owned a 2000 4.2 for a year prior to the RS I can tell you there is no comparison. Not just power but comfort, ride, tightness, and driving. Enjoy!!

Quote Originally Posted by MaxRS6 View Post
    Purchase a box of sh$t eating grin wipes...;0
    bwuahahaha, will do at once. lmao. 2000+ posts huh MaxRS6?
    Last edited by Kgnast; December 6th, 2012 at 22:22. Reason: additional comments....

Quote Originally Posted by 905084 View Post
    Congrats!! Having owned a 2000 4.2 for a year prior to the RS I can tell you there is no comparison. Not just power but comfort, ride, tightness, and driving. Enjoy!!
    droool....... cant wait. I've looked through the records, the car was serviced by Nalley Audi in Roswell, GA for 95% of its ownership (seemingly). Timing Belt, tensior pulleys, etc. done. There seems to be complaints in the record of any transmission issues, DRC issues, boost issues, etc. Doesn't meant the owner didn't go elsewhere for such things, but the car continued to be brought to the dealership long after the warranty kicked the bucket. Hopefully, I am getting a complete picture of information. One never knows, though.

LOL..... the car? Its in the Car.com add.... hahahahah, the one from Gwinnett Audi.... Mugello Blue, 86K on the odo.

Come on Max... he deserves the photo too!

edit: pursuant to popular demand

Welcome aboard the....

hahahahah, fabulous.....

Put $10k in an account for your car...otherwise enjoy! It's one he'll of a ride!

Hell, damn auto correct...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Welcome. I knew I could convince you.

I also made the move from a 2001 4.2 to the RS6 - a fantastic ride - go for it!
    SOLD - 2003 RS6 Black on Black / SE / Solar / Carbon / APR ECU + TCU / Wagner Intercoolers / Fog light delete / RNS-E / LED tails / Clear Corners / Sportek Cooling / itg filters /

Welcome, enjoy your beast!
    2004 Audi RS6 - 4.2 V8
    1993 Audi S4 - 4.2 V8
    2007 Audi A8 - 4.2 V8