Thread: As fast as a ferrari!

As fast as a ferrari!

Seems the new RS6 has caught the attention of the uk press! Oh by the way Brake are a funded UK anti motorist charity

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ds-190mph.html

I want....so want...in 12 years I might could afford one!

And they finish it off with a C6 gold video. Haha.
    2004 Audi RS6 - 4.2 V8
    1993 Audi S4 - 4.2 V8
    2007 Audi A8 - 4.2 V8

They must have lost my invite in the mail...LOL! Some day...
    03 RS6 Daytona Grey - EFI Express - 01e - SRM K24 - Aquamist - 495whp/580ft-lbs

Cheers!

Updated my signature
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

"German car manufacturer has sparked criticism with its new estate car that, with a top speed of 189mph, is as fast as a Ferrari.
    "

Now most know that I am an Audiphile first, but at the same time 189mph does not equal fast as a Ferrari... unless you are asking the Ferrari to stop accelerating. ( Last time I checked the California tops out at 193mph +/- )

"The four-wheel drive 'supercar' can accelerate from 0-62mph in just 3.9 seconds."
    By comparison, a Ferrari California gets to 62mph in 3.8 seconds and a Porsche 911 takes 4.1 seconds.
    "

Um , again 3.9 is actually slower than 3.8, but it IS faster than the Porsche @ 4.1.... LoL

If you're going to target Ferrari with the latest and greatest Rs6 Avant, you need to go against the like kind Ferrari.. the FF. 4 passenger, cargo room in the back, all wheel drive, etc... NOT the slowest Ferrari in the current fleet.. I mean why not say it IS faster than a Ferrari and use an 80's 3x8... at least the claims would be true...

Now, back to Audi.. I spent last night driving the RS5 and other S models one after the other, I can only imagine how much fun the Rs6 Avant would be, just wish WE could get them here..

Rant off, Flame suit on..

S

p.s. I really had to restrain myself at a charity event at a local drag strip, I had a FF out for show and really wanted to take a pass or two, just to see.. < shrug >
    "You have first to experience what you want to express" (V. Van Gogh)

What do you know about Ferrari's anyway?

2008 A4 2.0TQ Quartz Grey Metallic S-Line/Titanium Package
    2017 A4 2.0TQ Glacier White Metallic Prestige Sport
    2003 RS6 TOTALED.-----Searching for a replacement

2% margin of error....I'll take that in a race any day. Standard day, tires, wind, humidity, driver......top speed and 0-60/62. Show me a 5-10% difference and you'd have me convinced.

And oh I would just so LOVE to see Ferrari accept the challenge of running a California against a grocery getting, kid hauling, trailer pulling station wagon RS6.......just like I LOVE to come against an R8, 911, or any other "sports car" in my grocery getting, kid hauling, trailer pulling sedan
    Last edited by 905084; December 10th, 2012 at 02:18.

Quote Originally Posted by marklar182 View Post
    What do you know about Ferrari's anyway?

You know what I know.... < wink >

Quote Originally Posted by 905084 View Post
    2% margin of error....I'll take that in a race any day. Standard day, tires, wind, humidity, driver......top speed and 0-60/62. Show me a 5-10% difference and you'd have me convinced.

And oh I would just so LOVE to see Ferrari accept the challenge of running a California against a grocery getting, kid hauling, trailer pulling station wagon RS6.......just like I LOVE to come against an R8, 911, or any other "sports car" in my grocery getting, kid hauling, trailer pulling sedan
    I didn't make my point well, Taking Audi's Halo car and putting it up againts the entry level Ferrari and calling it a race is laughable. Pick ANY current production car other than the California, and it'll be more than 10% I assure you.

As I said before, you may as well be using a 308 as the comparison, that way it WILL be faster than a Ferrari in every sense of the word.

So, bring the Rs6, we can pick out a modern Ferrari, and do some side by side comparisons, just for fun... like the FF maybe? 4 seats, AWD, grocery getter...

We can make a run from Point A to Grocery Store and back again ... that would be fun!

S

p.s. And just for the record, I am having fun and am in no way taking this seriously, I do have extensive experience from both sides of the fence and have a two dogs in the fight so to speak..lol

This Evotech C6 RS 6 keeps up with Ferrari very nice...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClDRPjYn6Z8

Quote Originally Posted by AndyBG View Post
    This Evotech C6 RS 6 keeps up with Ferrari very nice...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClDRPjYn6Z8
    NOW we're talking, but I'm still waiting for the Rs6 vs FF run... both 4 seaters, both AWD..... Evotech has more HP than the FF too..

Gone to google videos and see if anyone's done it yet.. .LoL

S