Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Another 01E project coming up. RS6 Transmission and Ace TC for sale?

There are a couple of manual rs6's over here so someone must have sorted it............................I know MRC have done at least 2!

Quote Originally Posted by amanda View Post
    There are a couple of manual rs6's over here so someone must have sorted it............................I know MRC have done at least 2!
    Is the ECU coding different between EU and North America?

I know the C5 RS6 that were delivered to Mexico were EU versions with the Recaros and the C5 RS6 that were delivered to Canada were basically US version with some Canada DOT enhancements (bumpers, DRL, KPH/MPH).
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

They won't sell their software. You have to bring your car there so no good for us US people

Ben I am no wrench monkey so please take this as:..........................I know US regs require a de-tuned car(+body mods like bumpers etc) but how this is done is ...............I know not but I suspect it is down the the "black arts"!
    Maybe some of the more tech minded EU boys can enlighten you better than myself

Quote Originally Posted by UrS6 View Post
    What is the latest on software? SOMEONE must be close.
    We'll start working on it as soon as I get my car done.
    2013 Audi S8

I've run the Euro III code on my S6 with no issues. I'm pretty sure the quality of petrol is the same between countries.

As for MRC, I talked with them and they do need to have the car on site. They also said that cruise control didn't work on the car's they had done.

FYI, on my converted RS6, the engine and driveablility was not the issue. (unless you need ABS and Traction control) I'm curious about the status of the ABS and traction control on MRC, Sportec, etc.

Since I no longer have a twin turbo powered C5 (at least not in a car currently), I've left the tuning to those logistically closer to the tuners that need the cars on site. It's an exercise taking parallel paths to get to the same finish line. I'm guessing that whomever gets it close enough to where it needs to be will be offering it shortly thereafter.

I still sell the adapter kits for the mechanical side, though. Maybe I'll see an uptick in sales instead of just an expression of interest.
    2012 Q7 TDI S-Line - 2010 GTI - 2007 A3 3.2 S-Line - 2003 RS6
    2001 Honda S2000 - 1977 Honda CBR 750-F2 - 1965 GMC 1500 WideSide

What I thought would be another nightmare took about 45 seconds with the right tool...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pilot Bushing Auto 1.jpg 
Views:	344 
Size:	52.0 KB 
ID:	13281Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pilot Bushing Auto 2.jpg 
Views:	311 
Size:	62.3 KB 
ID:	13282
    2013 Audi S8

Are you looking to go manual, thought you mentioned the trans going south a while back? How many miles with all that power?
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by ttboost View Post
    What I thought would be another nightmare took about 45 seconds with the right tool...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pilot Bushing Auto 1.jpg 
Views:	344 
Size:	52.0 KB 
ID:	13281Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pilot Bushing Auto 2.jpg 
Views:	311 
Size:	62.3 KB 
ID:	13282
    What's that thing called & where did you get it?

Quote Originally Posted by kday View Post
    Kevin. I'm pretty sure that my steel flywheels no longer need to have the plug removed, as there's enough clearance for it. Unless there's a suspicion that it would work loose during normal operation. . .

Quote Originally Posted by SteveKen View Post
    Kevin. I'm pretty sure that my steel flywheels no longer need to have the plug removed, as there's enough clearance for it. Unless there's a suspicion that it would work loose during normal operation. . .
    That's good to know! Though regardless that is a cool looking tool and I kind of want one

Quote Originally Posted by SteveKen View Post
    Steve,
    I thought this had to come out, so the pilot bushing can be prsssed in? Are you saying that we should just use this as the pilot bushing? The snub on the 01E doesn't fit very good..kind of loose? I would think that the pilot bushing should fit a little more snug, so that it doesn't run out at all?

It's a Snap-On A78 small bearing puller. $150-$170. I borrowed this one from my buddy...I need one once every few years...
    2013 Audi S8

Steve,
    I thought this had to come out, so the pilot bushing can be pressed in? Are you saying that we should just use this as the pilot bushing? The snub on the 01E doesn't fit very good..kind of loose? I would think that the pilot bushing should fit a little more snug, so that it doesn't run out at all?.
    The pilot bearing is in the flywheel, not the crank flange. The plug in the crank had to be removed to accommodate certain flywheels. I'm not 100% sure, but the steel one I have in inventory now clears the crank plug. If it clears the plug, then I'm pretty sure that it doesn't interfere with the input shaft of the 01E since the inside edge of the bearing is very close to outer edge of the input shaft.

I can only speak for what I have though.

"We'll start working on it as soon as I get my car done."
    Can we have a signed copy of that posted on the forum please.
    03 RS6 :: 01 allroad

kday - I see similar-looking tools on Amazon listed as pilot bearing pullers for considerably less $$ than Snap-On prices.

Quote Originally Posted by alrightroad View Post
    Can we have a signed copy of that posted on the forum please.
    Nope..but truth be told, I wouldn't be doing this if I didn't think there would be a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by SFJ_RS6 View Post
    kday - I see similar-looking tools on Amazon listed as pilot bearing pullers for considerably less $$ than Snap-On prices.
    Yup...don't need anything special,,SnapOn was just what we happen to have around...many cheaper versions around..you can probably rent one to from your local auto parts store...It will take you all of 25 secondes to use it.
    2013 Audi S8

Hi im having a swap done on my C5 4.2 this january,im from ct also and would like to touch basis with uguys about the swap.Im having it done at Tyrolsports out of NY and will be getting the swap kit from Audis4parts .Im not rich by any means but refuse to do a auto rebuild and for around the same $$ ill do a swap.there were 3 RS6s i look at and I almost bought an RS6 this summer but the sales guy didnt know any of the critical info about the car so i passed,and got an 01 4.2 sport.I would like to meet someday thanks..
    Last edited by A864.2; December 26th, 2012 at 13:56.

you got PM.
    2013 Audi S8