Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Another 01E project coming up. RS6 Transmission and Ace TC for sale?

I think this time it took me about 4.5-5 hours...but I did it once or twice already...This is with a lift and table. Tough car to work on. You think you have everything undone/drained, then you notice you missed something...then you have to remove 2 other things to get that out!!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Engine- Trans out 1.jpg 
Views:	252 
Size:	68.7 KB 
ID:	13413Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Start Swap - exhaust and drive shaft.jpg 
Views:	269 
Size:	54.1 KB 
ID:	13414
    2013 Audi S8

Decent progress today. Everything back together and engine/trans back in car. Most everything connected. Need to drill and tap my plenum for possible future meth, so I quit there for tonight. Once I put plenum in and take front end out of service position, connect water, fill PS fluid, etc...should run soon? For some reason my pictures are too large to post, oh well.

I also installed new engine mounts, new 02 sensors and I fabricated in some 10lb wastegate cans.
    2013 Audi S8

Just out of curiosity, what are people getting for MPG with the 6 speed? My car is a pig with fuel. And what would be the top speed with the taller gear? Could it hit 200? Supposedly the MTM 6 speed car would do 203.

Quote Originally Posted by UrS6 View Post
    Just out of curiosity, what are people getting for MPG with the 6 speed? My car is a pig with fuel. And what would be the top speed with the taller gear? Could it hit 200? Supposedly the MTM 6 speed car would do 203.
    Oh, and does the 6 speed add any resale value to the car over the exact same car with the stock auto tranny?

I get about 18 mpg in mixed use; 13-14 mpg if I am "working" the car; a highway only tank can get almost 22 mpg at a steady 75 mph. I don't think thats too bad, actually, for what the car is. Are you doing lots worse??
    2003 RS6, Mugello/Silver, MTM Stage 1 ECM, and TCM mod, Abt 19 inch wheels for summer, stock 18s for winter, RS6+ Pedals INSTALLED! 2Bennett coilover system, 2Bennett front brakes; DRC gone!

Not sure about mileage, but I was getting 17-20 consistantly mixed city/hwy..not really terrible...I would guess better as the 01E has a better overdrive...PLUS if you upgrade 6th gear...
    2013 Audi S8

Quote Originally Posted by gregoryindiana View Post
    I get about 18 mpg in mixed use; 13-14 mpg if I am "working" the car; a highway only tank can get almost 22 mpg at a steady 75 mph. I don't think thats too bad, actually, for what the car is. Are you doing lots worse??

posted too slow,,but this is awful close to what I get too...
    2013 Audi S8

Quote Originally Posted by gregoryindiana View Post
    I'm probably about the same. I am planning on putting a euro diesel 6-speed in when the time comes. "for what the car is" I don't think it's bad. I just think a lower final gear would be much better. I just drove up to the mountains yesterday to go skiing (just to NH--not over the Donner pass) and pretty much drank a tank round trip. I was at about 2800 rpms on the highway. I certainly don't expect a TT V8 beast to sip gas, it's just when you get a rental car and realize you drove for hours and the needle has barely moved......but, then you're driving a Nissan something or other. I was really just curious if anyone has seen much of an improvement.

...it's just when you get a rental car and realize you drove for hours and the needle has barely moved, but then of course you realize what a POS you're driving...
    There, I fixed it for you

Thankfully I've got a short commute...although highway is 24mpg, better than most trucks...it's just that 13mpg around town...why don't they judge it in smiles per gallon.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

I had the 0.56 6th gearset in mine and would get 25mpg. 65mph was at around 2100 rpm, 100 @ 3k

At $800 for the set, the ROI will take a long time. I decided it wasn't worth it on the 01E I just finished rebuilding for my S6.
    2012 Q7 TDI S-Line - 2010 GTI - 2007 A3 3.2 S-Line - 2003 RS6
    2001 Honda S2000 - 1977 Honda CBR 750-F2 - 1965 GMC 1500 WideSide

Fluids replenished and car runs. Hope to put bumper cover back on tomorrow night, adjust shifter..again...and test drive.
    2013 Audi S8

I got a couple tanks at 25mpg cruising at 80-90 driving my 6mt RS6 from PA to WA. It has TDI 6th gear, 3000 rpm at 100mph, ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by SteveKen View Post
    I had the 0.56 6th gearset in mine and would get 25mpg. 65mph was at around 2100 rpm, 100 @ 3k

At $800 for the set, the ROI will take a long time. I decided it wasn't worth it on the 01E I just finished rebuilding for my S6.
    One of my favorite things about the car you sold me.

Maiden voyage under my belt!!!! Perfect 20 minute drive around town, stop and go. No issues. None. 1 more shifter adjustment and it should be mint. I must say.,..it has been a while since I smiled in the beast. Too bad I have to drive like an old woman (no offense if you are one) for 500 miles to break this clutch in. At the risk of sounding redundant, it should have come this way...really ...just so silly...
    2013 Audi S8

Congrats!

Do you have the ABS and other "warning" lights figured out?
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Congrats,
    I would more than happy to drive your car 500 miles

Nah...not yet....literally have only put 20 miles on it so far. I will get it over to EPL soon.
    2013 Audi S8

Mike, you mentioned in another thread about getting your injectors back from servicing. Could you elaborate a little on the work being done to them?
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats