Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Another 01E project coming up. RS6 Transmission and Ace TC for sale?

Another 01E project coming up. RS6 Transmission and Ace TC for sale?

OK..I guess it's time. Was out on the highway yesterday and it's JUST starting to slip in 5th. Little bit of a shudder. 1st 2nd and 3rd, the car is just stupid fast. Just parked it and going 01E now. Trying to source the parts now and I'd like to sell the transmission and Ace TC as a package to help fund this. My car was making over 400awhp and way over 500awtq on a Mustang dyno. (for the record it made 317/370 on the same dyno, stock)

It seems $1500 for the whole package is fair, but PM me if you are interested and we can work something out. Transmission is still in the car, but I can get it out whenever it needs to come out. I don't plan on gutting the car until I have all the parts to put it back together. If you are local and want to watch, see, help get it out, let me know.
    Thanks for looking,
    Mike
    2013 Audi S8

Mike,

I am very interested in the swap. Thinking about doing the same to mine....let's talk to see if there are any benefits of sharing IP and some research costs...

Stephen

I'm pretty sure I know the route I'm gonna take, but feel free to PM me your cell...we can chat...
    2013 Audi S8

OK...Engine and Trans will be out this week. If anyone is looking for a trans to rebuild or have as a spare. Let me know. It will need a rebuild, but the ACE TC is mint. I also have the TCU which has the MTM chip in it. I will try to post some pics as I do this...but no promises...when I do stuff, I'm on a mission...
    2013 Audi S8

I am happy to see all these conversions. It makes me think I might be able to do this in the future.
    2003 Daytona/Silver RS6

Hey Mike...do you have anytime during the days?

I work down in your area alot...during the day. Sure would love to see some of that surgery in progress.
    SOLD ! 2003 RS6 Mugello/Silver -MTM
    2001 allroad 6-speed (300K+), 1992 Mercedes-Benz 500E, 2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK63, 2010 BMW X3, 1986 16V Scirocco, 2005 Mercedes E55 Wagon

Here most times..give me a ring...
    2013 Audi S8

Mike, was your EPL tune custom or off-the-shelf from them?
    03 RS6 :: 01 allroad

I've had both. "Off the shelf" was fine. My "special" tune proved to be too much for stovck trans...even with Ace TC.
    2013 Audi S8

Quote Originally Posted by ttboost View Post
    I've had both. "Off the shelf" was fine. My "special" tune proved to be too much for stovck trans...even with Ace TC.
    Interesting. So how was the off the shelf tune compared to custom on the butt dyno?
    03 RS6 :: 01 allroad

Ummm. different...LOL...

"Off the shelf" is probably very similar in power gains with other vendors. There's only so much you can do safely without having the car to properly dyno and street tune. On EPL's Mustang dyno, my car made 317/360 as I recall. "Off the shelf" or "Production" flash as they call it, I made 400-475ish same day same dyno. Never really got to dyno after the special tune, but it never spun AWD that much before...and my trans never slipped before.
    2013 Audi S8

Ok..got a fairly decent a$$ beatin this time, but it's out...underestimated my removal time by almost double, BUT I remembered it was 3 hours or so with 2 of us slingin wrenches...so 6..almost 7 by myself, and made some mistakes...cost me a few minutes or so...but out nontheless...
    Now comes the hard part...separating the engine and trans...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Engine- Trans out 1.jpg 
Views:	783 
Size:	68.7 KB 
ID:	13206Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Engine- Trans out 2.jpg 
Views:	536 
Size:	58.7 KB 
ID:	13207
    2013 Audi S8

Nice work! My car should look like that next week
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Yeah..mine will look like this for a while..still hunting for 6 speed parts..hoping to sell the auto trans to help fund it..but need to do SAI delete, get rid of trans cooler and all lines, upgrade wastegates, and do some general maintenance and cleaning...might even work on the down pipes..you know...clean them out a little...
    2013 Audi S8

Ok..got a fairly decent a$$ beatin this time, but it's out...underestimated my removal time by almost double, BUT I remembered it was 3 hours or so with 2 of us slingin wrenches...so 6..almost 7 by myself, and made some mistakes...cost me a few minutes or so...but out nontheless...
    Now comes the hard part...separating the engine and trans...

I need to learn how to do this with my car. I am impressed anytime someone can take out the engine. Are you going to redo the turbos as well?
    2003 Daytona/Silver RS6

Now comes the hard part...separating the engine and trans...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Engine- Trans out 1.jpg 
Views:	783 
Size:	68.7 KB 
ID:	13206Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Engine- Trans out 2.jpg 
Views:	536 
Size:	58.7 KB 
ID:	13207
    amazing!
    it is a braze man that can do that solo
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Thanks Guys. Once you do it once or twice..kind of "old hat"...so I thought!!!! Forgot how much crap lies beneath!!!
    Rear View - no downpipes
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Engine- rear view - no downpipes.jpg 
Views:	544 
Size:	56.4 KB 
ID:	13210
    2013 Audi S8

Secondary air system including pump, lines from rear of engine and combi valves. Going to leave the solenoid for now with the vacuum line plugged for now.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAI System.jpg 
Views:	435 
Size:	43.2 KB 
ID:	13211
    2013 Audi S8