Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Another 01E project coming up. RS6 Transmission and Ace TC for sale?

Im sorry but Im going to have to disagree. That was all very interesting! Thanks for the reply.

575ft/lbs on EPL's dyno..... did I read that right!? Very impressive. Stock intercoolers I presume?
    EPL Stage 3 B5 S4
    6mt Ultrasport K04 & Bolt-ons Daily
    2.7t 6mt A6 Parts Car ;)

First of all - great forum. I'm a new member but been lurking here and some other forums for a while now. I have been paying particular notice to this thread as I have much interest in a manual conversion as well. I bought the car from someone who lied to me about a few things most importantly the torque converter. So here I am contemplating 2 things. I either get rid of the car at a loss or spend some money to make it mine. I really like the car so I'm partial to keeping it but I don't want to be rebuilding the TC or transmission multiple times during my ownership time with this car

I'm not a wrench monkey by any means so if I could find someone willing to do a full conversion to manual I'd be interested in talking. Please let me know.

PS: The car in question is an 03 RS6
    Last edited by linuxrc; April 22nd, 2013 at 07:56. Reason: Added model of the car

Quote Originally Posted by tjb616 View Post
    Im sorry but Im going to have to disagree. That was all very interesting! Thanks for the reply.

575ft/lbs on EPL's dyno..... did I read that right!? Very impressive. Stock intercoolers I presume?
    Yes stock IC's.. A VERY weak spot. I am sure at 20psi, they are heat soaking and they are likely leaking. I built a system to test them and said screw it, I know they leak. If I keep the car, I will likely buy cores and build a set.

Quote Originally Posted by linuxrc View Post
    First of all - great forum. I'm a new member but been lurking here and some other forums for a while now. I have been paying particular notice to this thread as I have much interest in a manual conversion as well. I bought the car from someone who lied to me about a few things most importantly the torque converter. So here I am contemplating 2 things. I either get rid of the car at a loss or spend some money to make it mine. I really like the car so I'm partial to keeping it but I don't want to be rebuilding the TC or transmission multiple times during my ownership time with this car

I'm not a wrench monkey by any means so if I could find someone willing to do a full conversion to manual I'd be interested in talking. Please let me know.

PS: The car in question is an 03 RS6
    Let everyone know where you are. You can get a new TC for $400(not including taking it out) and your tranny rebuilt for $3k-$4k (not includung taking it out) add a couple grand for that). But it will need it again in a few years, unless you are stock and stay that way.
    There are people here that will do the conversion for you. Plan on spending about $4k-$5k for parts and seeing that you are not a "wrench monkey", plan on $3k-$5k for labor.
    Good luck
    2013 Audi S8

ttboost: Thank you for the quick reply. I'm in the Toronto Area but would have the car shipped to whoever is doing the work. I don't want to jack this thread so if anyone is willing to do the conversion for me send me a message and we can discuss.

Did epl build the manual tune from scratch or did they start with AMD base file. As I know they work together sometimes.
    Current Rides:
    2000 Toyota Celica GT-S Supercharged | 2000 Audi S4 Stage 3 | 2008 Audi TT 3.2 | 2003 Audi RS6 Avant

EPL doesn't really have a manual tune. He did start from scratch with mine, but never had the time to finish, nor did I give him time. He does share some files with AMD, but the RS6 manual tune seems to be a top secret project, that no one wants to share, seeing as you can count the number of them on 2 hands...
    Give EPL a call, maybe they have time now or has it sorted. search European Performance Labs in Stratford, CT.
    2013 Audi S8