Thread: RS6 C6 ECU tune?

RS6 C6 ECU tune?

Good day fellow members!

I am opening this thread because the time to ECU tune my C6 RS6 has come, so I would like to ask to those forum members that have, have had or happen to know what is the most reliable ECU tune based on your experince for this car.
    I live in Mexico and the only tuning companies here are Unitronic with a 660hp tune, Revo with a 700hp tune, APR with a 665hp tune and some lesser tuners.
    So, after having bad experiences with my C5 RS6 using Unitronic and Revo, my only local option would be APR, but as far as I know, since APR is an USA company, they do not have the disponibility of "experimenting with C6 RS6's in order to make a powerful and reliable tune, and also the price for the tune is, in my opinion, very expensive... I got a 4,500.00 USD quote just for stage 1.

So I am asking fellow members from all parts of the world where the C6 RS6 was sold what tunes have you had and what has been the experience with that tune on your car? I have seen 700hp MTM C6's @ Dragtimes info keep up with a Lamborghini Murcielago LP 670 SV, GT-R's, etc, but I have also read (I do not remember where) that the RS6 C6 Viper 700hp tune and 700hp MRC tune were pretty good and reliable (both @ arround 1,500.00 pounds). MTM 700hp tune is @ 3,700 CAD.

Any info will be appreciated as I am willing to ship the ECU wherever necessary in order to have the "best" tune for this car.

As a note of information, here in Mexico we get up to 40°C in the summer and we do not have high octane gas, the best pump gas is a 92 Octane one.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Ghost-

Hi Ghost, if you want APR, you should drive up to Alabama, they know exactly what they're doing. Might be some waiting time, but I guess it's well worth the wait. They are the ones that did this TTRS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNklpt8CVW4

Enjoy, and good luck with the tune, whichever tune you choose.
    2004 Audi RS6 - 4.2 V8
    1993 Audi S4 - 4.2 V8
    2007 Audi A8 - 4.2 V8

I would send the ECU(s) to Viper and let them know your Octane info so they can dial it back if need be!

C6 tune, you lucky dog!
    2008 A4 2.0TQ Quartz Grey Metallic S-Line/Titanium Package
    2017 A4 2.0TQ Glacier White Metallic Prestige Sport
    2003 RS6 TOTALED.-----Searching for a replacement

I would go with rich at viper.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Quote Originally Posted by Primo View Post
    Hi Ghost, if you want APR, you should drive up to Alabama, they know exactly what they're doing. Might be some waiting time, but I guess it's well worth the wait. They are the ones that did this TTRS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNklpt8CVW4

Enjoy, and good luck with the tune, whichever tune you choose.

I don't know why, but I have the feeling that the APR tune is not as good as Viper's or MTM's, because they don't have the experience they can have with a TT RS that is sold in the USA or any car sold in the USA, and also I don't have enough time to drive there and wait untill they fine tune my car.

I wrote an email to rich at viper and he said he can make a tune a for the fuel we have in Mexico and he is more than happy to help me.
    I'm only waiting to see if a C6 owner sees this thread and makes an opinon.

thank you!

We have no experience with the C6 RS6 over hear in the US, but I and a few other members on this forum run the Viper Tune. And I am sure I speak for the others when I say it's a Tremendous Tune. And the beauty about It Is that Rich is very flexible. Just tell him what you want and you've got it. Hope this helps........
    03 RS6, VIPER ECU, MTM TCU, Milltek Full Catless Non Res setup from Turbos to the boxes(ROAR'S), H&R Coilovers, Hotchkiss ARB's, 19x10's with 275-30-19 PSS's at each corner, Kenwood 9960 Head unit, V1 Radar Locator. 517 Trans Rebuild, ScrollProducts Turbo Rebuild.

MRC are the market leaders on the C6 tune in the UK, 700 BHP all day long, with intake cat less 750+. But I don't think they map remotely as like to health check the car first, worth a try though, if not, try Viper Tuning.
    Current: V10 RS 6 Saloon, 420mm Ceramics, MRC, Milltek, MTM bits, Audi exclusive bits - 757BHP/967NM
    Past: V8 RS 6 plus, Sprint Blue, 126 of 999

Quote Originally Posted by Amar View Post
    MRC are the market leaders on the C6 tune in the UK, 700 BHP all day long, with intake cat less 750+. But I don't think they map remotely as like to health check the car first, worth a try though, if not, try Viper Tuning.
    Thank you Amar. I have sent emails twice to MRC regarding my interest in their tune in two different ocassions and as of yet I have had no answer from them.

Ghost, if you want a truly custom tune for your C6 and want to take a vacation to FL, I can highly recommend MaseEngeneering. I got a perfectly smooth custom tune from him for my C5 and saw a 100whp and 120 wftlb increase. I still plan on going back to him later to increase the tune. If you want more information about his shop let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by sx3mac View Post
    Ghost, if you want a truly custom tune for your C6 and want to take a vacation to FL, I can highly recommend MaseEngeneering. I got a perfectly smooth custom tune from him for my C5 and saw a 100whp and 120 wftlb increase. I still plan on going back to him later to increase the tune. If you want more information about his shop let me know.
    Thank you for your help sx3mac! I appreciate it a lot!
    Belive me, if I could only drive through Mexico without the constant fear of being kidnapped on the highways due to all this "Narco" problems, I will drive my C5 and C6 to the best tuning shop in US.
    I am willing to send the car's ECU to the tuner, that's what I want a reliable and powerful "generic" tune like those offered from MTM, Rich @ Viper or MRC.
    I will try to contact MRC again to see what they have to offer, if not I think I will go for Viper.

Thanks!

MASE tuned my ITB S2000 and it stumbled off the dyno, was hitting fuel cut at 5% throttle on the highway, and I got no follow-up support. Don't even consider it! Waaaaaay over-hyped.

I have a Viper map on my c5 RS6 and am very happy with it. Richard is a nice pleasent and helpful guy.

MASE from MaseEngineering is known world wide for his S2K tunes and custom turbo kits, I am sorry you didnt have a grade A experience with him, but that doesnt sound like the bunisness I know he runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Amar View Post

Bringing this post back to life...

I finally decided and managed to get my C6 tuned by Rich at Viper Tuning. He is a very nice person and offered to send me his remote tuning device and the ITG Air Filters.
    After receiving the device and sending the car's ECU file to him, he sent me the Tuned File within 4 hours, I flashed the car, changed the Air Filters and let me say that the difference from the 660hp from Unitronic to the 700hp from Viper Tuning is unvelibable to the point the RS6 C6 won twice vs a R8 V10 in the quarter mile flawlessly with all 4 wheels slipping in first and second gear and more importantly, without heat soak!
    The R8 guy had such an ashamed face after the runs that later I was told he called his Audi salesman (same as mine) complaining and asking how the hell had a "cheaper and heavier full size A6" spanked his expensive and lighter R8 twice!

Sadly I could not opt for a more powerful tune from Viper Tuning because it needs to have the cats removed and preferably bigger downpipes, all of which will void the car's warranty (according to the dealership manager a 700hp ECU tune and aftermarket filters won't void the warranty, but removing cats and changing downpipes will ).

Thanks everyone for the help and especially to Rich from Viper Tuning for the first Viper Tuned RS6 C6 in the American Continent!

Ghost-

Edit; C6, forgot about that. Interesting I've had good luck with unitronic added to Revo.

Seriously running that much power, dyno? So you've got turbo, fuel, cooling, trans upgrades I'm guessing. What are the specs out of interest?

Sounds fun as hell!

Update your location if you get a chance....cheers!
    Last edited by lswing; September 13th, 2013 at 01:40.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Iswing,
    I have both C5 RS6 and C6 RS6, the car in question here is the C6.
    Unfortunately I don't have dyno number because the nearest 4WD dyno is in Mexico City, +/- 650km away from Guadalajara, the city I live, and I do not have plans to go there in the near future.
    The C6 RS6 is practically stock with the exception of ITG Air Filters and a Viper Tune. According to Rich, this tune with the Air Filters *should* be good for 700+ hp.
    With Unitronic my best 1/4 mile run was 12.83 secs in a 50°F day, subsequent runs were worse because of heat soak, with the Viper Tune my best time was 12.41 secs in a 90°F WITHOUT heatsoak! Subsequent runs (like 6) were between 12.41 and 12.46.

I know these times might sound slow, but an Audi R8 V10 best time was 12.6 secs, 2004 RS6 C5 with Eurocharged tune best is 13.4secs, 2013 Mustang 5.0 is doing low 14s, Mercedes C63 AMG is doing low 14s, 2012 Mecedes E63 AMG is doing low 13s ... Maybe the altitude of 5200ft, temperature and contamination(?) is responsible for these times.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Edit; C6, forgot about that. Interesting I've had good luck with unitronic added to Revo.

Seriously running that much power, dyno? So you've got turbo, fuel, cooling, trans upgrades I'm guessing. What are the specs out of interest?

Sounds fun as hell!

Update your location if you get a chance....cheers!
    Owners in the UK have been running 700+ BHP reliably with no mods other than filters, map and exhuast for a few years now. Mine had the 750BHP tune, (dyno'd 757 crank) at 5k miles. It is now on 53k and the engine and box is exceptional, as is every other tuned one in the UK.

MRC and a Polish tuner had to upgrade the box and other bits for the 1040BHP 1100nm one though.

Also, mine did 11.9 on the 1/4 mile with a 124 trap speed, the most impressive bit for me was when the speedo showed 204MPH (198 GPS) , and it was only in fifth - still a sixth gear to go!
    Current: V10 RS 6 Saloon, 420mm Ceramics, MRC, Milltek, MTM bits, Audi exclusive bits - 757BHP/967NM
    Past: V8 RS 6 plus, Sprint Blue, 126 of 999