Thread: The day of the Beast.

The day of the Beast.

On october 20, 2012, the Autodromo Ricardo y Pedro Rodríguez in Mexico City celebrated its fiftieth anniversary, and I was honored with an invite to participate on the Exotics Category, along with two Ferraris, a 458 Italia, a 360 Challenge Stradale, a Lambo 640, a Lotus Elise, several Porsches RS2, Corvettes LS6, etc. I started in 4th. place behind the Italia and the Lambo, alongside an R8 (Not by qualifying, mind you, only because someone told me to queue up and the rest of the competitors had not arrived) and my conclusions regarding the performance of the the Beast on the Track are as follows: As far as acceleration is concerned, The Beast not ashamed the five ring brand, even though the others were faster down the straight, it wasn´t by much, now, in the twisty bits they started increasing their lead until they were out of sight, and now came the onslaugth of Porsches GT2s and Corvettes, which started going by me. At the end of 15 laps I finished on the tail of the R8, (Well, one lap behind...)

The conlclusions are a).- By the end of Lap 3, I was out of brakes, also, the oil temperature ran up to the middle of the dial, (whereas on fast touring on the highway was never higher than 1/4, b).- On street Pilots Sport first gen. @ 48 psi the little Audi understeers like a pig on slow corners, needs wider rims and competition tires. c).- The engine got hotter than a teenager in Cancun during the spring break, (I don´t want to think on the transmission temperature) Engine and Trans. coolers are a must. d).- Weight is the enemy, and you can feel it in the corners. e).-I let the tranny shift for itself, ´cause I was too busy getting out of everybody´s way, which didn´t help the little beast. All in all, I had a blast, and I hope to repeat it soon, at a fast but leisure pace; just to have fun. This is no racing car but, as a fast sports/luxury car has few peers, especially for the money. there are no pictures of the silver wonder since either I drove or take pictures, Just one of me on the side of the car , which I consider of no value whatsoever. Story a little long, but I hope can be of some value to the Forum. Thanks for your attention.

You could use driving lessons from the Max. Still the old beast has its limits. For some reason my car does not plow when pushed nor have I seen Max plow in the corners on his vids. It may depend on your braking technique and turn in speeds.

48psi is waaaaay too much. When cold I brought mine down to 28 and the rose to almost 40 by the end of a session. I bet yours got well over 55. No wonder it was plowing.

A tunes rs6 would keep up with some of those cars in a straight. Hbars for the twisties are a welcome addition.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Thanks for the story! Yea, 48 way too much pressure. Still fun to hear someone driving their RS hard.

Congrats on taking da beast for a romp and sharing the story- Enjoy it for what it is...00

Pics/vids are always a plus..;0
    210K miles rolled