Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Went deer hunting by accident.

Went deer hunting by accident.

It was about a 170lb doe. Preliminarily, it looks like hood, fenders, bumper, headlights, radiator, condenser, steering fluid cooler line, under tray, grills, core support, cooling fans, and some other bits. Couldn't get the hood open yet to see under. I did peek under the now creased hood, and it looks like no huge damage. The car was still running after the hit, with one of the cooling fans making a little noise.

Bummer.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

That sucks....good luck with the repairs!
    ECU/TCU chip, Euro Recaro's, KW 3's, Wagners, Venair hoses, Dahlback diverters, Hotchkis sways, Phaeton ducts, lower spoilers, custom vent's in hood

Dang!!!! Glad u okay- Jeez- I often say- the drive home from the track (through deer country) late at night is the most scary part of the adventure.

I wish you a speedy repair.
    210K miles rolled

Not an ideal way to bag a doe. Glad you are OK!

Here come the vulchers... Can I pick those headlights off you for cheap when the time comes? might be interested in a few other bits. Hit me up with PM when you have time.
    03 RS6 :: 01 allroad

Thanks guys. I guess that's why we pay big insurance premiums!

alrightroad, in the 3rd pic you can see the headlight lens is busted up pretty good. Drivers side isn't, but felt very loose in its place. Makes me think the mounting tabs are all broke. I'll sell if you really want.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Bummer, now starts the search for a good hood....went through 6 of them from Audi before we found a straight one. seems if they are stored on their sides the alu edges get bent up pretty good.

Sorry about the wreck...

Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by 4everRS View Post
    Thanks guys. I guess that's why we pay big insurance premiums!

alrightroad, in the 3rd pic you can see the headlight lens is busted up pretty good. Drivers side isn't, but felt very loose in its place. Makes me think the mounting tabs are all broke. I'll sell if you really want.
    I'm good with broken. All 4 bulbs still shine? I'll send you PM with my email address.

I hear you on insur premiums. large to say the least.
    03 RS6 :: 01 allroad

Ooof. Sorry to see that.

Glad you are ok and the car should survive, too.

Enjoy the deer steaks, jerkey, etc. Saved you the cost of a hunting license, ammo, etc.
    2012 Q7 TDI S-Line - 2010 GTI - 2007 A3 3.2 S-Line - 2003 RS6
    2001 Honda S2000 - 1977 Honda CBR 750-F2 - 1965 GMC 1500 WideSide

Quote Originally Posted by SteveKen View Post
    Ooof. Sorry to see that.

Glad you are ok and the car should survive, too.

Enjoy the deer steaks, jerkey, etc. Saved you the cost of a hunting license, ammo, etc.
    haha. I didn't keep it. So this old guy pulls up in the dodge and says that he called the sheriffs department and that they said he can take it, if it was ok with me. I said I didn't want it. I don't want bruised up venison. But seriously, old guy shows up 15 mins after it happened. I hadn't even called the sheriffs yet! I think he probably needs it more than me.

Ekk roadkill!!!!
    Glad you are ok and the car isn't too badly damaged.

Damn! Glad to hear you and the kids are unscathed!... Think you'll have the stomach to cut into a brand new, shiny, virgin belly pan for the Sportec cooling mod? hehe
    2003 RS6 l SE Exhaust l Koni Yellow Sports w/stock springs l Lowered 1"F 1.25"R l EPL Tuned l 19 x 9.5 VMR V713 & 265 PSS's l 50% window tint l Protective film on entire hood, bumper and front quarter panels l

Thanks Greg. I know! I've been thinking about that belly pan. Glad I'm getting a new one. Will be hard to chop up though. I won't need to make that mod til next spring, so it will stay as is for now.

Glad everyone is safe. Airbags didn't deploy so that is good I guess.
    2003 Daytona/Silver RS6

Damnit! Sorry to see this. So long as your ok. The car can be fixed and hopefully better than before. I know it hurts because it hurts me just looking at it. Good luck with the repairs.
    03 RS6, VIPER ECU, MTM TCU, Milltek Full Catless Non Res setup from Turbos to the boxes(ROAR'S), H&R Coilovers, Hotchkiss ARB's, 19x10's with 275-30-19 PSS's at each corner, Kenwood 9960 Head unit, V1 Radar Locator. 517 Trans Rebuild, ScrollProducts Turbo Rebuild.

Quote Originally Posted by Chung View Post
    Glad everyone is safe. Airbags didn't deploy so that is good I guess.
    Nope. No airbags. The front bumper stayed remarkably intact. It's cracked and scratched a little, but really doesn't look as if it moved much if any.

Ouch. Well at least it looks fixable. That hood looks like aluminum foil (go figure).
    I don't blame you for passing on the free roadkill!

Damn Kyle, im glad you are ok.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Bummer about the hunting accident but the bright side is that you get new stuff!
    Hopefully you DIDN'T order the carbon lip, otherwise that would have been toasted.

Especially since the airbags didn't trip and the engine was still able to run, you should relatively in good shape.

63 days...
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared