Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Went deer hunting by accident.

if it IS totalled, grab the Xmas present..... you know..... the ECU with the APR in it!
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    if it IS totalled, grab the Xmas present..... you know..... the ECU with the APR in it!
    I was thinking about this. I would like to grab it. The car won't run without it through. Soooo, anyone have either a spare ecu, or a stock chip I can solder back in?
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Quote Originally Posted by 4everRS View Post
    I was thinking about this. I would like to grab it. The car won't run without it through. Soooo, anyone have either a spare ecu, or a stock chip I can solder back in?
    I think "speedtrapped" from NJ has an engine including ECU he's been trying to sell for several months... Maybe he'd be willing to sell/swap ECU's until you get a new RS6----IF your's is totaled, of course?????
    2003 RS6 l SE Exhaust l Koni Yellow Sports w/stock springs l Lowered 1"F 1.25"R l EPL Tuned l 19 x 9.5 VMR V713 & 265 PSS's l 50% window tint l Protective film on entire hood, bumper and front quarter panels l

Quote Originally Posted by 4.2Crew View Post
    I think "speedtrapped" from NJ has an engine including ECU he's been trying to sell for several months... Maybe he'd be willing to sell/swap ECU's until you get a new RS6----IF your's is totaled, of course?????
    Would there need to be some programming with the key/immobilizer?
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Would there need to be some programming with the key/immobilizer?
    From this Ross-Tech link, it appears straight forward---EXCEPT for the required 4 digit ecu PIN #... Probably attainable thru the dealer's higher echelon VAG-COM??? Just guessing on this one.

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index...I_ECU_Swapping
    2003 RS6 l SE Exhaust l Koni Yellow Sports w/stock springs l Lowered 1"F 1.25"R l EPL Tuned l 19 x 9.5 VMR V713 & 265 PSS's l 50% window tint l Protective film on entire hood, bumper and front quarter panels l

I don't think you can realistically reprogram the immobilizer with VCDS. But it is possible through more invasive means.

Good luck with the insurance company. It looks mostly cosmetic, but labor is quite expensive at the dealership down there, well, everywhere ! you might be a little better on an honest, independient shop if you can find one, good luck, anyway !

I really don't think you should be ripping out ECU until you actually get the final word from Ins. Co.........just my .02
    91' NSX Turbo 700whp/550tq
    03' RS6 550ish bhp/tq
    09' R8 :-)

Right. I would never touch the thing before I heard.

Speaking of that. I spoke with a friend who happens to be an adjuster today, and he said that I would likely need about 17k of repairs to get totaled. So I doubt it will be.

nice shot

Quote Originally Posted by hulio View Post
    nice shot
    Not to Thread Jack but Hulio, is that your Audi in your avatar photo or just a photo you copied for your avatar?
    If yes, is that a C6? Is that an RS6?
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Not mine. I jut like the blacked out grill.

Right. I would never touch the thing before I heard.

Speaking of that. I spoke with a friend who happens to be an adjuster today, and he said that I would likely need about 17k of repairs to get totaled. So I doubt it will be.
    Can you clear your pm box please

Quote Originally Posted by amanda View Post
    Can you clear your pm box please
    Sorry. Space cleared.

Wow. Glad you came out unscathed. I am actually surprised deer did not survive the impact, especialy since it looks like she glanced off the hood - they are as hardy as rats. Good luck with repairs.
    2003 RS6 MTM, RNS-E, 2007 Q7 and 1999 A4

Sorry. Space cleared.
    Did you ever get my vulturous PM from Oct. 30? Just Checking. . .
    2012 Q7 TDI S-Line - 2010 GTI - 2007 A3 3.2 S-Line - 2003 RS6
    2001 Honda S2000 - 1977 Honda CBR 750-F2 - 1965 GMC 1500 WideSide

Quote Originally Posted by SteveKen View Post
    Did you ever get my vulturous PM from Oct. 30? Just Checking. . .
    Sorry again. Yes I did. I will let you know when I receive word on the repairs.

It wasn't running after you hit the deer right? That's what I remember