Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Went deer hunting by accident.

Really a bummer!! I had one in my headlights a few weeks ago. Missed it! GL with fix!
    2003 Rs6 Mugello/Ebony Eurocharged/APR R1 DV's/RNS-E/KW-v3/Hotchkis/Full Milltek Cat-less/Apikol IC's/D.O. water-meth/ 6 speed SOLD!! Next???

Ouch! Glad you're ok. Hood, lights, bumper, upper grille, lower grille, maybe radiator support, radiator, A/C condenser. Plus labor. Be interesting to see what the insurance company comes up with for a total. Anyone care to take a guess....I'll throw out the first at $8500 to fix it right.
    Last edited by 905084; October 30th, 2012 at 22:22.

Good idea. We should make bets. Not sure what we would win, but the furthest away is a vegetarian (in the words of Richard Hammond)

I'm gonna go with 7654. Not sure why.

edit: and "no" I have no estimate as of yet.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Over $10k
    2003 Rs6 Mugello/Ebony Eurocharged/APR R1 DV's/RNS-E/KW-v3/Hotchkis/Full Milltek Cat-less/Apikol IC's/D.O. water-meth/ 6 speed SOLD!! Next???

I had same accident.....the bill came to just under $10k
    91' NSX Turbo 700whp/550tq
    03' RS6 550ish bhp/tq
    09' R8 :-)

^Oh yeah- those parts and associated labor will add up quickly. I'll go with $12,000. I know it will end up with eagle eyes on the repairs 00

edit: na1mt posted while I was replying to Kevin's $10K estimate.
    210K miles rolled

....new hood,bumper cover,grille,trans cooler,radiator and supports,emblems,headlights and fenders if they are creased. Good luck with the repair.....only thing that sucks is now you'll have a car fax on it.
    91' NSX Turbo 700whp/550tq
    03' RS6 550ish bhp/tq
    09' R8 :-)

Quote Originally Posted by 905084 View Post
    Ouch! Glad you're ok. Hood, lights, bumper, upper grille, lower grille, maybe radiator support, radiator, A/C condenser. Plus labor. Be interesting to see what the insurance company comes up with for a total. Anyone care to take a guess....I'll throw out the first at $8500 to fix it right.
    That was my post of 63 days...

Oh! A dollar amount $9657.43
    EDIT:
    Headlights alone at full retail are $1000 each, Hood is $600 ish
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    That was my post of 63 days...

Oh! A dollar amount $9657.43
    EDIT:
    Headlights alone at full retail are $1000 each, Hood is $600 ish
    I should pay more attention! Stupid deer, what have they done for me except crash across my son's A6....and destroy my trees

Started getting a paranoid tonight. If its 10-12k in repairs, we're talking about the possibility of totaling the car. NADA says about 15k trade in and that's what insurance companies usually use to calculate. They will usually deceide to total when damages are 70-75%.

We will see.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Quote Originally Posted by 4everRS View Post
    Started getting a paranoid tonight. If its 10-12k in repairs, we're talking about the possibility of totaling the car. NADA says about 15k trade in and that's what insurance companies usually use to calculate. They will usually deceide to total when damages are 70-75%.

We will see.
    ugh. not good.
    03 RS6 :: 01 allroad

We will see.
    Dont know about the states but here you can buy the car back off the insurers......................................but if it was me I would try my very best to make sure the car was repaired by the insurance

We will see.
    I didn't want to say anything but that was my first thought. Depends on the internal damage.

i guess you could always get the maximum they would pay and come up with the rest of the money from your own pocket, if you really love it , or have it repaired at an independent garage with OEM parts but you would pay a lot less for the labor and doing so the amount paid by the insurer might be sufficient, because we all know that only the labor will be highly expensive at the dealer!
    Ex.: 2004 Audi RS6 C5 ABT, Milltek non-resonated, 19" RS4 B7 rims, RNS-E - SOLD
    2004 AUdi RS6 C5, SE exhaust, RNS-E, 19' original rims - SOLD
    Now :2009 Audi RS6 C6 - stock yet pretty fast

Update

I heard back from the body shop. He is up to almost 14k in repairs. That is still not including, but leaving open, the radiator and fans. He said its at 57% of value according to his system? That would put the insurance value well over 20k.

He is familiar with my insurance co and said they stop at 70% and total it. Of course he is using all list prices. The adjuster is coming to look at it.

Fingers crossed for you

I just had a near miss with a Coyote in my office park on the way to lunch... dangerous times for RS6 front ends!

(This is not a normal thing, I've never seen one here before. It's not exactly the wild west...)

...The adjuster is coming to look at it...
    Bummer about the accident - glad you're OK.

Not sure if you're HOPING it will be totalled, or hoping it WON'T be, but either way, I hope it works out.