Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Front BBK options for C5 RS6....about to pull trigger!

Friction brake doesn't have a kit for the Audi. The pads are incidental. I will access that at some other point. I would pick a different pad to use on any track day. Those will be far and few between. The car below will be what I play with on the track. Play being the key word. I won't really be racing either car. I can afford to build them...not rebuild them.

I have Performance Friction rear brakes on my 1989 RX7 20B N/A. Logan of Defined Autoworks in Ohio is building my engine and other fab work. He gets test parts off of race cars from some track on the east coast. Some of these teams will put a set of brakes on a car and do a couple of laps and something not be to their liking and the sell the parts cheap, cheap, cheap.

With the two set of calipers below and the custom hats and bells and custom mounting brackets I have about 4500.00 in them. The actual cost would be damn near low end carbon. When this build was started six years ago, yep six years, I didn't really even think of carbon. I am almost glad..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	14046.jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	89.0 KB 
ID:	13087

These are the front calipers, made for highest level racing. Mono block, internal crossovers, nickel plated for fastest heat dissipation, titanium vented inserts. Pure work of art! Don't ask the new cost....I don't really know but I paid almost nothing. I don't remember exactly but something like 600.00 for the pair

Name:	DSC01460.jpg 
Views:	215 
Size:	65.8 KB 
ID:	13088 These are the Performance Friction. Same thing, mono block and nickel plated.

Here is my build thread. My car is in the body shop right now getting custom metal wide fenders done.

http://www.rx7club.com/20b-forum-95/...thread-812148/

Name:	IMG_2822.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	51.9 KB 
ID:	13089 We should be around 450rwhp in a 2900lbs car.....N/A! 9000 RPM redline....I didn't spend the money to dry sump and go to 10k rpm. I am good with this.

Sorry to thread jack my own thread but I just had to share this morning!!

Off to Dallas to see Jethro Tull (Ian Anderson) do Thick as a Brick 1 and 2!!!

Later Ya'll..

Last edited by Del Stator; October 26th, 2012 at 18:09.
    "There are only three sports: bullfighting, mountain climbing, and auto-racing. Everything else is just a game" -Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by Elevens View Post
    Why did you not use a Credit Card? I have ordered many things from Europe and Grizz at Unit20 using a Credit Card with no money Exchange Rates. All I had to cover was Customs Charges. Yes If you use BOA Money Wiring you will pay large Fee's..........

They don't take credit cards.
    "There are only three sports: bullfighting, mountain climbing, and auto-racing. Everything else is just a game" -Ernest Hemingway