Thread: ABT wheels for the Beast??? should i go for it?

ABT wheels for the Beast??? should i go for it?

...i could get my hands on a set of these rims, original ABT wheels, apparently brand new in the box for what it seems to be a good price!
    What do you think about them? do they look good on the car? I kind of like them, they're very rare and they do look good in these pictures!
    Ex.: 2004 Audi RS6 C5 ABT, Milltek non-resonated, 19" RS4 B7 rims, RNS-E - SOLD
    2004 AUdi RS6 C5, SE exhaust, RNS-E, 19' original rims - SOLD
    Now :2009 Audi RS6 C6 - stock yet pretty fast

actually the ones i found are 19", 8.5J, offset 32 - do they fit? I would go with 255/35/19 Pirelli Pzero!

I like the look of those. I think the ideal road wheel has 5 spokes.

That's an unconventional location for the valve stem...

I always loved ABT very much, so if those you have on offer are original wheels and good price, go for them!

i kind of like them too and if i get them resprayed gun metal i think they would look better , what do you say?
    now that you mentioned i noticed too, it is an unconventional location for the valve stem
    regarding the price, honestly i have no idea how much do they go for, but the price i got looks a good one to me, he's asking for $1350, maybe i can get him to go lower...

That's a killer price. They were 4k new. Yes they will fit, and yes I love them!

Stephen

Best looking wheels out there, IMO! Obviously, wheels are one of the most subjective things on your car, so get them if you like them. My opinion is that a solid, muscular car like the RS6 just doesn't look right on delicate-looking wheels.
    I waited two years to find a set of these, since they had been discontinued (they are BBS wheels made especially for Abt). They've been on the car about 2-3 years now. I have the same size/offset:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_A.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	132.1 KB 
ID:	13077 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_B.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	82.7 KB 
ID:	13078

The offset is fine, but I put 8mm hub-centric/wheel-centric spacers on them just to get them perfect. An added bonus is that they are the easiest wheels to clean ever. Mine are brilliant silver, but they are a little dirty in these pix. I think they actually look a little better with a little brake dust on them, and they do get pretty dark with more dust, obviously. As far as color, here are titanium ones that I passed on for your reference (color wasn't for me on a black car with aluminum trim, but that's just my opinion):
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11593edit6[1].jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	48.8 KB 
ID:	13079
    Looks great on a black optics car, however.

That's a great price, by the way. Good luck whatever you decide!

Looks great but 8,5" njä...
    RS6-03: Milltek, ModTurbos, WagnerIC, Mtm 380, PSS9, Rs6 9,5x21", OZ 10x19", Hotchkis...
    RS2-94: Stroker 2,5L, Precision, CatCam, JE, Tial, Nira, H&R, MTM 8,5x18"...