Thread: Prospective buyer

Prospective buyer

So, new to the forum as I just recently started seriously looking at the RS6 as a next vehicle possibility. I browsing a few online now but one has caught my eye. I have gone through the forum to see what I should be looking for (tranny, TC, DRC, 75K service) but still a few more curiosity questions.

I currently drive a 2011 Subaru STi and love the power but it is a bit stiff and not as luxurious inside as I want right now. As well the trunk is small.

I have a 1 year old boy, is the backseat plenty big enough for car seat and room for front passenger as well? Is the trunk fairly big to hold all the baby's stuff?

I know this is a nearly 10 year old car but does the interior seem like it is that old? I have no doubt it is well built but dont want to feel like I am in an old car.

How is the ride? Is it stiff or just comfortable?

Here is the one I am looking at: http://www.elitemotorsonline.com/web...inois/1172297/

Last question, since I am in Nova Scotia Canada, I am likely about 500 miles from the nearest one of these for sale and will not be able to test drive before buying. Is there anyone in the area of this dealership that would be willing to give it a drive should I get that far?

Thanks!

Back seat is plenty roomy, and you can fit 6 bodies in the huge trunk!
    Mine has FK Automotive struts/springs....you can feel the bumps in the road but its not as stiff as a STi. Idk about stock ride quality
    2003 RS6//Fully Adjustable Suspension//VIPER ECU&TCU//Daytona Gray-Black
    Fully straight piped from the turbos to tips!
    Apikol Intake and D.O. Dual Nozzle Stage 2 Meth Kit

Stock ride is firm but comfortable. The interior still looks modern, especially if you install the RNS-E. It's a big car with plenty of room everywhere except the engine bay.

you might want one with Black interior for the youngster
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Good thinking...I had cream interior in my Legacy and it was hard enough to keep clean with just me in it. Not a deal breaker though, I do a lot of detailing and can keep it clean.

If you upgrade to the RNS-E with BT and Sat then the intirior is vastly superior to any current American car. I didn't get BT or Sat and I believe it to be on par with any new non-European (or Lexus) car I've been in...Audi has made a name for themselves in being well ahead of the game on interiors! I just swapped DRC to Koni strutson full soft, but the car is no grandma cruiser in the ride department! It's a sports car so yes it's stiff, but with good seats and good roads its barely noticeable most of the time! Certainly much more comfortable than an STI! As to room for your parasite and his requisite junk, there is plenty of space! Having upgraded from a B6 S4(~STI) to the RS6 I can say there is aproxmately double the space in the back seat! Trunk is good size too, haven't ever been left needing space!

In short if you find yourself needing more space and more comfort than an RS6 can provide then probably the only viable option as a car is an S8!
    C5 RS6 - Daytona Grey/Silver, Carbon Fiber, RNS-E, O.CT ECU/TCU--sold :(
    DD: 02 G500 - 35" Nitto Trail Graplers, baja roof rack, 52" LED light bar
    Business Car: Gulf liveried 01 996TT w/ Tial Alpha A28 turbos + supporting mods - 700hp

Thanks for the comments, my biggest concern is maintenance costs. I only drive about 5000miles/year right now so hoping maintenance would not be a killer. Makes me a bit sad thinking about leaving Subaru though, been driving them for nearly 10 years. Hard to go back 8 years too...hmmm

As you probably know it is night and day in comparison to a Subaru. If a Subaru is your benchmark for comfort, sophistication, fit and finish, etc. then you will be happy. If a Subaru is your benchmark for reliability, ease of maintenance, and economy then you will be sad.

The RS6 is awesome but I would think twice about owning one without a backup car.

Whenever it snows a lot I miss my old 92 Legacy wagon with skinny all season tires. Just the right amount of grip to have fun -- not too much, not too little...

Thanks for the candid comments...maybe I can get a JDM WRX as a backup.

Is the RS6 no good in the snow?

Quattro is an old Indian word for "Clawing at the earth for traction".....
    2013 Audi S8

Quote Originally Posted by kday View Post
    As you probably know it is night and day in comparison to a Subaru. If a Subaru is your benchmark for comfort, sophistication, fit and finish, etc. then you will be happy. If a Subaru is your benchmark for reliability, ease of maintenance, and economy then you will be sad.

The RS6 is awesome but I would think twice about owning one without a backup car.
    +1........

Quote Originally Posted by blinky44 View Post
    Is the RS6 no good in the snow?
    What ttboost said x2... consider buying his car btw...VERY well sorted and with a black interior to boot.

The RS6 is a friggen Yeti in the snow...its unstoppable with snow tires.
    SOLD ! 2003 RS6 Mugello/Silver -MTM
    2001 allroad 6-speed (300K+), 1992 Mercedes-Benz 500E, 2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK63, 2010 BMW X3, 1986 16V Scirocco, 2005 Mercedes E55 Wagon

I wasn't suggesting that my old Subaru was "better" in the snow than a quattro -- it wasn't more stable, it was just more fun, at least in comparison to the 3 quattros I've owned (all of which were at least 1000 lbs heavier.) The Subaru was easier to get sideways and easier to straighten out afterward.

The RS6 is at a disadvantage in the snow relative to most other quattros due to the giant tires. If there was some way to get skinny tires on it then I am sure it would be a tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
    What ttboost said x2... consider buying his car btw...VERY well sorted and with a black interior to boot.
    You mean TechGurru's?

I have an immaculate RS6 US Spec, second owner, 55K miles and can take it to Ottawa with me or you can see it in Germany or you can ask for pictures and we can do a deal long distance. Free shipping to your house! Let me know if you are interested. Replacement DRC, new tranny/TC as of this summer, new rubber, brakes, alternator, battery. Hoping to get around $29K or so, but flexible. I need to sell!
    Bobski
    03 RS6 Black/Black stock
    01 TT stage 2+ silver with baseball red