Thread: tune for 2013rs5??

tune for 2013rs5??

Guys my friend just bought new rs5 and wants a reglash... who and where to get one? Thanks!

Sorry, but what's a reglash?

(What's your location?)
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

I think he ment "reflash" but i think he wants a remap (Chip tuning).

Here is one: Audi A5 RS5 4.2 FSI 450 ECU Remap (2010-)
    There are pretenders among us.....
    Geniuses with the ability to become anyone they want to be.....

if he is in the belgium area w will be happy to do it but he needs to knwo that the gains are really limited 18-28hp which si not like you feel a huge difference on this car... maybe the most interestign part is the VMAX removal.

the cool thing to do on a RS5 is to chnage the exhsust by and HMS one, that is a hige change in the driving impression and experience, a very cheap mod is to chnage the air filters adn that give a 6-8hp gain with very cheap investment so that is worst is (got a couple sets on stock). more info by email: youry@rsquattro.com

for all these parts w can hsip to him wherever he resides, for teh ECU tuning if he lives far from belgium I m sure other people on this forum can indicate a closer palce for that.
    Youry
    RS QUATTRO
    www.rsquattro.com

yes reflash guys. this is in phoenix, az USA. he told me car was turbo v8 so i assumed there'd be easy HP to gain... guess it's NA? I didn't really check i just assumed he knew his car..

my gosh I can't understand people that dont' even know what they have under their bonnet...
    Youry
    RS QUATTRO
    www.rsquattro.com

Gun

Quote Originally Posted by peiserg View Post
    yes reflash guys. this is in phoenix, az USA. he told me car was turbo v8 so i assumed there'd be easy HP to gain... guess it's NA? I didn't really check i just assumed he knew his car..

Yep it is quad turbo, 2 each side ..... hence the words Quattro ......

The RS5 motor is a slightly modified version of the B7 RS4 motor (same as V8 R8). Just bumped from 420bhp to 450bhp, normally aspirated. Not much a flash is going to do for it as Youry said, maybe a slight gain but not much on a modern performance non-turbo motor. That's why I wouldn't touch a RS5, more modern car, better tranny than ours for sure as far as performance but only a little lighter and a lot less Torque. Wait for the next version with the Turbo V8.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Quote Originally Posted by hahnmgh63 View Post
    The RS5 motor is a slightly modified version of the B7 RS4 motor (same as V8 R8). Just bumped from 420bhp to 450bhp, normally aspirated. Not much a flash is going to do for it as Youry said, maybe a slight gain but not much on a modern performance non-turbo motor. That's why I wouldn't touch a RS5, more modern car, better tranny than ours for sure as far as performance but only a little lighter and a lot less Torque. Wait for the next version with the Turbo V8.
    Next RS5 will not get a V8 turbo.
    It will get a complete new Twin turbo V6.
    There are pretenders among us.....
    Geniuses with the ability to become anyone they want to be.....

That is what I meant a V8 Turbo, most likely the new 4.0T which has been getting great reviews. Going back to a Turbo is better for the enthusiast and the aftermarket since it is much easier to get more power out of a Turbo than a normally aspirated motor.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA