Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for a front lip spoiler..

Suggestions for a front lip spoiler..

I seem to have missed out on the current carbon front lip spoiler GB. I am trying to find another avenue to get one. I can't find one that is available. Does anyone know who carries this item?

Thanks,
    Christopher

Your options are limited. I had searched for a LOOOOOONG time.
    There's this (SEAT Cupra Lip):
    http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/19...ighlight=laser
    I had that for a while and it held up pretty well.

There is also:
    LLTek (sp?) side splitters (not my taste)
    Custom made canard-style (such as HeadShot's) (this requires a lot of skill and time)
    Garage-door style rubber trim strip- http://www.ebay.com/itm/AUDI-EZ-LIP-...fda43d&vxp=mtr

Sorry. I may have misread your post. The above are other options for a front spoiler that (more or less) fits the RS6. If you specifically wanted that particular spoiler, Stephen's thread I believe gives the manufacturer in Japan. The original was made by Kohlenstoff(sp?) I think. Perhaps you could contact him directly.

i think the carbon version is great....
    Mugello Blue C5 RS6 Avant Viper Tuning ECU/TCU
    MTM Bimoto wheels 9,5 x 19 ET 30 LK 5x112 with 275/30/19 tyres
    MTM exhaust system cat back 4-pipe with throttle valves in 2 pipes, control

Looks good. Which one is that?

I have one of the Cupra spoilers that I won't be needing now, I'll sell it for $70 shipped. I don't know if they would do it, but you might contact ocarbon.com and see if they would wrap and epoxy it. Then you could have carbon look without the price, and probably a little better durability.

Quote Originally Posted by bmlee007 View Post
    I have one of the Cupra spoilers that I won't be needing now, I'll sell it for $70 shipped. I don't know if they would do it, but you might contact ocarbon.com and see if they would wrap and epoxy it. Then you could have carbon look without the price, and probably a little better durability.
    That may be a possibility...

I am over my head with upgrades right now. Give me a little time to do some research and I will see.

Thanks
    "There are only three sports: bullfighting, mountain climbing, and auto-racing. Everything else is just a game" -Ernest Hemingway

I'd say that the Cupra R lip is very durable and forgiving as-is. Honestly, if I had mine made out of carbon or fiberglass, it definiely would have cracked while I was learning to live with it the first few weeks. The ABS plastic gives a lot and bounces right back. I was very pleased with how they've held up on our cars. Just something to keep in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidercat View Post
    I'd say that the Cupra R lip is very durable and forgiving as-is. Honestly, if I had mine made out of carbon or fiberglass, it definiely would have cracked while I was learning to live with it the first few weeks. The ABS plastic gives a lot and bounces right back. I was very pleased with how they've held up on our cars. Just something to keep in mind.
    What I meant was that the Cupra spoiler wrapped in carbon would be more durable than bare carbon spoilers coming from Japan. You would run the risk of damage from contact with curbs, entrances etc of course, but overall durability should be better.

Cupra

RS6-03: Milltek, ModTurbos, WagnerIC, Mtm 380, PSS9, Rs6 9,5x21", OZ 10x19", Hotchkis...
    RS2-94: Stroker 2,5L, Precision, CatCam, JE, Tial, Nira, H&R, MTM 8,5x18"...

Hey Smiler that thing is looking Sweet. Love the Blackout, the Wheels and the Spoiler. Your giving me Ideas man. 10x19 OZ's I love them, what model? What Color? I have to get me a set. Real nice.......................
    03 RS6, VIPER ECU, MTM TCU, Milltek Full Catless Non Res setup from Turbos to the boxes(ROAR'S), H&R Coilovers, Hotchkiss ARB's, 19x10's with 275-30-19 PSS's at each corner, Kenwood 9960 Head unit, V1 Radar Locator. 517 Trans Rebuild, ScrollProducts Turbo Rebuild.

I'll take it if you're selling. Thanks.

hmmm..... if he doesn't take it, I am SERIOUSLY interested...
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

The spoiler in the pic that "Kilian tuning" posted is a Seat Cupra R lip, made of carbon fiber (not wrapped in).

@ Smiler: Holy hell that thing looks good.......

@Smiler, whats the Apikol thing you mention, airbox?

Quote Originally Posted by kilian tuning View Post
    @Smiler, whats the Apikol thing you mention, airbox?
    Yes, the intake system...
    RS6-03: Milltek, ModTurbos, WagnerIC, Mtm 380, PSS9, Rs6 9,5x21", OZ 10x19", Hotchkis...

have you driven it with the Original airbox to? so you can compare them...?

Quote Originally Posted by kilian tuning View Post
    have you driven it with the Original airbox to? so you can compare them...?
    No sorry, baught this car like it is.