Thread: Carbon Fiber Trim

Carbon Fiber Trim

Anyone have a set they want to sell? Several pieces of mine are cracked. I know ocarbon has some nice sets but they don't match the RS6 color.

Thanks!

They come up every so often.

If you search for srmorse, I think, and he has quite a few parts for the RS6 f/s.

Here ->http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/24...tos?highlight=
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    They come up every so often.

If you search for srmorse, I think, and he has quite a few parts for the RS6 f/s.

Here ->http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/24...tos?highlight=
    Thank you! PM sent.

I also have a piece for sale...the shift surround. Its OE Rs6...$85 shipped.

It's in great shape. Anyone want? PM me.
    SOLD ! 2003 RS6 Mugello/Silver -MTM
    2001 allroad 6-speed (300K+), 1992 Mercedes-Benz 500E, 2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK63, 2010 BMW X3, 1986 16V Scirocco, 2005 Mercedes E55 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
    I also have a piece for sale...the shift surround. Its OE Rs6...$85 shipped.

It's in great shape. Anyone want? PM me.
    I'm in need of the one above the glove box with the "Quattro" emblem. I guess that's the one that typically cracks the most? Mine looks like someone hit it with a hammer... A new one from Audi is something like $450 plus shipping. I'm sure those are flying off the shelves for that price.

I know, the CF is way more $$ new than the wood veneered stuff...

Try some places like www.shokan.com too.
    SOLD ! 2003 RS6 Mugello/Silver -MTM
    2001 allroad 6-speed (300K+), 1992 Mercedes-Benz 500E, 2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK63, 2010 BMW X3, 1986 16V Scirocco, 2005 Mercedes E55 Wagon

What do you mean the ocarbon ones dont match? Don't they replace all the pieces?
    03' RS6 - Mugello Blue, Ebony Interior. 19" V710's
    Sold - 06 6SP Silver B7 S4 - APR Exh, piggies, JHM ECU, VMR V708's
    Sold - 01.5 B5 S4 6-Speed - Neuspeed Exhaust, GIAC-X ECU, Shifter, VMR V708's

Quote Originally Posted by Dynmicracr View Post
    What do you mean the ocarbon ones dont match? Don't they replace all the pieces?
    If you replaced all of them with ocarbon, you would be fine. But the weave is different than OEM so a single piece would not match. In my opinion, ocarbon looks better than OEM anyway, as OEM is not 100% full carbon, hence the white tones.
    03 RS6 | Daytona Gray on black | KW V3 | Rotiform 19x10 Wheels | REVO ECU | MTM TCU | 170k miles and counting..
    "Some people play hard to get... I play hard to want."

Quote Originally Posted by Brav View Post
    If you replaced all of them with ocarbon, you would be fine. But the weave is different than OEM so a single piece would not match. In my opinion, ocarbon looks better than OEM anyway, as OEM is not 100% full carbon, hence the white tones.
    Ah, ok. That makes sense. Because I had always understood that to be a good solution for the price. Once you have $600 to throw at a mod that doesn't add horsepower, anyway.
    03' RS6 - Mugello Blue, Ebony Interior. 19" V710's
    Sold - 06 6SP Silver B7 S4 - APR Exh, piggies, JHM ECU, VMR V708's
    Sold - 01.5 B5 S4 6-Speed - Neuspeed Exhaust, GIAC-X ECU, Shifter, VMR V708's

I would want the Plus carbon (has blue in it)
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Also, remember that if you buy full set of ocarbon, they require a wood set to be sent in as a core. And, they dont sell pieces. Only full kit.
    03 RS6 :: 01 allroad

Does it have to be a wood set? I could send in my CF set...what worries me about buying a "new" piece from Audi is how new is it really? Has it been sitting around in some warehouse since 2003? The clear that is apparently prone to cracking could be brittle. I'm sure my daughter would check it out right away when she sticks her feet on my dash.

Anyway, o'carbon sounds like the best bet even though it's not a match to the OEM. I can't say I'm crazy about the OEM color anyway.

Can just pick up a used wood set from ebay from any C5 and send it in. Hell, I'll buy a wood set and send to you if you send me your OEM carbon set Please dont send it to ocarbon !!.. Send to me and I'll pay shipping..
    03 RS6 :: 01 allroad

LOL! Unfortunately most of the trim pieces are cracked in one spot or another so I wouldn't think anyone would want it in their RS6. Most of this car's life was spent in Southern California and I suppose the former owner didn't take the necessary steps to keep the interior cooler when the temps hit triple digits. The tint on the back window was even bubbled.