Thread: Did anyone have a waiting period with their Fidelity warranty...

Did anyone have a waiting period with their Fidelity warranty...

My car is at Audi now, exhaust sensors... am told the job is $3,400. Fidelity is inspecting the car tomorrow.

I bought the Fidelity platinum warranty six weeks ago, and I did not see anything about a waiting period (days or mileage) anywhere. The Audi F&I guy also said there wasn't anything about a waiting period, but this was the first one he sold. If there was anything about a waiting period in the Fidelity warranty I definitely did not see it - would like to hear from other Fidelity Platinum owners.

Thanks much & hope to report back that Fidelity will cover this.

Did someone tell you there was a waiting period? I see nothing in my contract (although I'm surprised there wasn't). I'd be surprised if they could impose a waiting period if it is not explicit in the contract.....you sign up and they later tell you there is a 12 year waiting period? That sort of stuff needs to be spelled out for it to have any teeth.

You should be fine as long as there was no prior evidence of the sensors being bad. Were the sensors EGT sensors or O2 sensors?

If the engine comes out please pay to have some other work done.

keep us posted. As a new fidelity policy holder, I am eager to hear how this plays out. Good luck!

[QUOTE=QuattroRS;239157]You should be fine as long as there was no prior evidence of the sensors being bad. Were the sensors EGT sensors or O2 sensors?

If the engine comes out please pay to have some other work done.[/QUOTE

I don't know what the diagnostic computer in the car shows, but I did not have any issues with this prior to buying the warranty. That said, it is conceivable the issue existed with the prior owner at some point. Audi inspected the car, which in my mind eliminates any claim to pre-existing conditions.

What other things should I have Audi do while they're in their.... specifically, items that would not be covered by the platinum warranty? In terms of the repair, I was told "Exhaust Sensors".... assuming EGT, definitely not 02.
    Last edited by eanders; September 20th, 2012 at 11:59.

Quote Originally Posted by eanders View Post
    My car is at Audi now, exhaust sensors... am told the job is $3,400. Fidelity is inspecting the car tomorrow.

I bought the Fidelity platinum warranty six weeks ago, and I did not see anything about a waiting period (days or mileage) anywhere. The Audi F&I guy also said there wasn't anything about a waiting period, but this was the first one he sold. If there was anything about a waiting period in the Fidelity warranty I definitely did not see it - would like to hear from other Fidelity Platinum owners.

Thanks much & hope to report back that Fidelity will cover this.
    Fidelity tried that with me....but it is BS....if you have warranty in hand, you are good....Audi dealer is supposed to inspect car for any pre-existing conditions before selling warranty.....if they skipped that step and Fidelity is trying to claim pre-existing, that is BS and they will give in on it pretty quickly...make the dealer work it for you

I have a non-Fidelity warranty that does have a waiting period. It was 30 days or 1000 miles, whichever happens last. It was also very explicit in the documentation.

Fidelity Rocks....
    Repair covered, no dispute... glad I paid the extra cash and went with Fidelity (Platinum). You guys were spot on that buying a warranty was the only move. I paid for over half the 3 / 36 warranty in the first six weeks of having it.

Thats why Fidelity is the way to go now! Glad it worked out!
    2008 A4 2.0TQ Quartz Grey Metallic S-Line/Titanium Package
    2017 A4 2.0TQ Glacier White Metallic Prestige Sport
    2003 RS6 TOTALED.-----Searching for a replacement