Thread: ACCIDENT Performance

ACCIDENT Performance

As the title states, this is not high perfomance when it comes to speed, but high performance when it comes to ACCIDENTS. I hope this video will put to rest some doubts about "They don't make them like they used it" in regards to how strong cars were back in the "Good Ol' Days". Although the whole video has useful info, skip to 4:35. You will see a 40mph (not 60, 70 or 80, but FORTY MPH) offset crash between an 09' Malibu and a 59' Bel Air. Once you've watched this in multiple angles and played at multiple speeds, the answer to our subject will become quite clear. Happy safety!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=UtaewQVArzE
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

Meh...I'd take the Bel Air anyday )

Nice video!

Holy crap! that Bel-Air driver is more than likely dead!

Interesting to see the Malibu redirect the energy around the passenger compartment and the air bag/curtains deployment.
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

"More than likely"... LOL, try "MOST CERTAINLY". Keep in mind they didn't even have collapsible steering columns back then so just that alone would have speared him to death (in fact the video shows it would have speared him in the neck).

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post

Interesting to see the Malibu redirect the energy around the passenger compartment and the air bag/curtains deployment.
    Absolutely! This is the KEY to the safety rating of modern day cars. The fact they are DESIGNED to "take a bullet" for the occupants.
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan