Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crazy on Scales

Crazy on Scales

I was in the Fort Worth, TX neighborhood and stopped by Texas Track Works. The guys at Texas Track Works took a personal interest in the car and project. They replaced all the control arms, replaced passenger side axle, alignnment, rolled fenders, and corner balance. The alignment couldn't get dialed in spot on- so I've ordered the 034 adjustable arms to get it mo better.

The below weights are with me in the car and 1/2 tank of fuel. I was happy with their results.

210K miles rolled

A couple pics of the rolled fender. The lip previously had about a 35 degree angle protruding into the well area. The lip is now rolled up fairly close to the edge and hopefully stops shaving the tire. ;0

210K miles rolled

Veddy Veddy nice mad max. 4377! Get on a treadmill Randy. Haha.

Bet if feels good to do 'normal' service items on Crazy.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

^Ya got that right Kyle!....

A normal/routine and reasonalbe repair bill. When they first put Crazy on the lift- I held my breath for the phone call. Sure enough- ring...ring...I hear- "We got it on the lift and found an issue (momentary silence)......cv boot split/grease slung...we recommend replacing the entire axle". I say- "Sheeeesh- is that all?...Go for it!!". Everything else looked good- and that is always a good report to get back after the scope...;0

Shore is a heavy hog- pleasantly surprised by the left/right balance and cross ratio end result. I was told above is pretty good considering what it is....

I'm planning for the 034 upper control arm install in conjunction with an upcoming TWS track trip if the schedule cooperates- Will be a good test for the setup..
    210K miles rolled

Wish I knew you were in the area! Glad TTW got you taken care of.

Nice corner balance data!
    2008 A4 2.0TQ Quartz Grey Metallic S-Line/Titanium Package
    2017 A4 2.0TQ Glacier White Metallic Prestige Sport
    2003 RS6 TOTALED.-----Searching for a replacement

Quote Originally Posted by marklar182 View Post
    Wish I knew you were in the area...
    If scheduling permits, I plan on being back at TTW on Oct 18 or 19th on my way to TWS. I'd welcome company and to meet up if you are in the neighborhood.
    210K miles rolled

Quote Originally Posted by MaxRS6 View Post
    A couple pics of the rolled fender. The lip previously had about a 35 degree angle protruding into the well area. The lip is now rolled up fairly close to the edge and hopefully stops shaving the tire. ;0

Thank you for posting these pictures! Great example of rolled fenders.
    03 RS6 Ebony Pearl Effect on Ebony / Carbon Fiber / MTM TCU / Sportec Cooling / KWV3 Coilovers / Hotchkis Sway Bars / Stern Control Arms / HRE P40SC Wheels / Hawk HPS pads / RNS-E / + pedals / Rear Window Spoiler / Cleared Corners

Hello everybody. I just registered and am new to this site. I have a RS6 and live in Fort Worth also. It turns out I live around the corner from TTW. I didn't know about them until reading this post. Are there very many RS6 owners in the DFW area? I had another RS6 about 5 years ago that I sold to a guy out of Denton I believe. Besides that one I haven't seen any around. Just wondering if everybody gets together at all.

Quote Originally Posted by kvicen View Post
    Hello everybody. I just registered and am new to this site. I have a RS6 and live in Fort Worth also. It turns out I live around the corner from TTW. I didn't know about them until reading this post. Are there very many RS6 owners in the DFW area? I had another RS6 about 5 years ago that I sold to a guy out of Denton I believe. Besides that one I haven't seen any around. Just wondering if everybody gets together at all.
    There are a handful in dfw. Mostly in the Dallas side.

There are 2 of us that are active, myself and Maria. If you run across her RS Beast you will know it!

Check out northtexasaudigroup.com for local events, ect.

Me me know when you are coming through Max!
    2008 A4 2.0TQ Quartz Grey Metallic S-Line/Titanium Package
    2017 A4 2.0TQ Glacier White Metallic Prestige Sport
    2003 RS6 TOTALED.-----Searching for a replacement

Quote Originally Posted by marklar182 View Post
    Let me know when you are coming through Max!
    I've signed up for MSR-Cresson (Feb 9-10/2013) with The Driver's Edge group. If you have time, drop by and give Max a kick...;0
    210K miles rolled

I went up to TTW to pick up my Miata today. I had a Tech inspection done for Eagles Canyon Raceway on Saturday. I was standing in the office waiting for someone to help me when another customer told me to peek in the shop to get someones attention. I look in the shop and see Randy's RS6 (MaxRS6) on the lift. Then I realize the customer in the office was Randy. We had actually spoke on the phone a month or so ago regarding taking these RS6's on the track. I introduced myself and asked him to look outside in the parking lot at my car. It was my Avus Silver RS6 just like his. What a small world. Anyway it was nice meeting Randy and I'm going to go to MSR on Sunday and watch him drive his car on the track.
    #1 RS6 Mugello/Silver, RNS-E, Revo Tune, Sold. #2 RS6 Avus Silver/Silver, SE Exhaust. 08 Suburban LTZ 4x4. 09 Cadillac CTS-V 670 hp. Sold. 2000 BMW Z3M Roadster Dinan Supercharged, 2008 BM3 m3 Coupe, 2011 BMW M3 sedan, 1990 Spec Miata.

It's this Sunday? I would love to stop by and see the beasts!

Edit: I just realized my car is in the shop getting some maintenance done. *sigh*. I wasn't planning on tracking my car anyway, I just want to check out the beauties.
    -Maria
    ACNA Member
    2003 RS6

Yes it is this Sunday in Cressen. Come on out. I'm just going to hang out and watch the cars. It would be nice to have some familiar faces there.
    #1 RS6 Mugello/Silver, RNS-E, Revo Tune, Sold. #2 RS6 Avus Silver/Silver, SE Exhaust. 08 Suburban LTZ 4x4. 09 Cadillac CTS-V 670 hp. Sold. 2000 BMW Z3M Roadster Dinan Supercharged, 2008 BM3 m3 Coupe, 2011 BMW M3 sedan, 1990 Spec Miata.

I will stop by for sure! What time are you planning on being there? Is it an all day session?
    -Maria
    ACNA Member
    2003 RS6

The cars will go on the track from 8:30-4:30 on Sunday. I was thinking about going out there around 10:00 before it gets too hot. But I'm open to any time.

It will take me an hour to get there so I should be there around 11am.
    -Maria
    ACNA Member
    2003 RS6

Sounds good.

It was nice to meet you Ken. That was a surprise to see another RS6 at my top secret TTW bat cave. They dialed in the suspension and gave some fluids to Crazy for this devil's weekend. The turbos are going to be screaming bloooooooddddyyy heat!!!! Temps to be hovering around 100 with track temps at a comfortable setting for those that like h#lll- LOL

Look forward to seeing you Sunday (and Ms_rs6). I'll be with the TTW folks and we are parked directly across from the clubhouse.\- That is assuming I don't vaporize.
    210K miles rolled