Control Module Part Number: 4B0 927 156 EQ
    Component and/or Version: AG5 01L 4.2l5V USA 1010
    Software Coding: 01002
    Work Shop Code: WSC 02335
    VCID: 7AF50EE666573BC86F1
    1 Fault Found:

17114 - Gear Ratio Monitoring
    P0730 - 35-00 - Incorrect Gear Ratio

Stuck in 5th. This is the only code and it came on suddenly last night.

Trans is toast?
    2002 Audi S6 - O1E swap, Tial 770R 2.7T swap

What, if any, other symptoms did you have prior to this? Did the trans come out of fault mode after shutting it off and restarting or after disconnecting the battery?

Yea, looks like it.. incorrect ratio means clutch packs are slipping. you have red PRNDS? usually ignition off and on makes it go away.
    03 RS6 | Daytona Gray on black | KW V3 | Rotiform 19x10 Wheels | REVO ECU | MTM TCU | 170k miles and counting..
    "Some people play hard to get... I play hard to want."

Quote Originally Posted by 905084 View Post
    What, if any, other symptoms did you have prior to this? Did the trans come out of fault mode after shutting it off and restarting or after disconnecting the battery?
    The past few days when I was in stop and go traffic, if I held my foot on the brake just enough so the car would move forward, it would sort of stutter. I thought it was a misfire but had no flashing CEL. I used VAG-COM to get rid of the code, then drove the car back and forth in the driveway. I had no transmission engagement when pressing the accelerator until there was a loud clunk, then the PRNDS came on all Ted and the car would start to move. VAG-COM shows the car is stuck in 5th gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Brav View Post
    Yea, looks like it.. incorrect ratio means clutch packs are slipping. you have red PRNDS? usually ignition off and on makes it go away.
    From the reading I've done it seems the trans is toast. I have red PRNDS. Iff topic, but what Rotiform wheels are you running?

Custom powerdcoated textured black (didn't lilke the gloss black or silver). Rotiform MIA

03 RS6 | Daytona Gray on black | KW V3 | Rotiform 19x10 Wheels | REVO ECU | MTM TCU | 170k miles and counting..
    "Some people play hard to get... I play hard to want."

Sounds like rebuild time.
    05 Cayenne turbo

Brav-The wheels look great! Good choice on the texture black finish.

Tozo - How much does a rebuild cost vs. doing a 6-speed swap? I'd rather not have to pull the trans due to a catastrophic failure ever again.

The rebuild is $4K out the door. The 6 speed could be around $8-10K.
    05 Cayenne turbo

Quote Originally Posted by TozoM8 View Post
    Is that just a back to stock rebuild, or upgraded clutches, ect? Do you do anything special in the VB?

Just curious.....
    2008 A4 2.0TQ Quartz Grey Metallic S-Line/Titanium Package
    2017 A4 2.0TQ Glacier White Metallic Prestige Sport
    2003 RS6 TOTALED.-----Searching for a replacement

Quote Originally Posted by TozoM8 View Post
    I didn't clarify earlier, this is for a 2002 S6, not RS6.

The S6 is $3500 out the door. I have a rebuilt core ready to install or ship to you (2500+ shipping and you install it).
    05 Cayenne turbo

TozoM8, YGM. Just had the same code come up after the car started slipping from 1st to 2nd, then went into limp mode as I was about 1/4 mile from home. No prior problems with the trans. Just had the gas tank replaced as well, fortunately covered by Audi. Still have no plans to change to something else...
    First RS6 totaled at 142K. Now donor for S6 Avant project. Daily driver: Sepang Blue 2016 S6. Black optics, sport package. #2 Black on Black, Level 10 and Koni, Eclipse Nav + Sirius, 034 Motorsports ECU and TCU tune.

I'm going to have the 6-speed swap done on my S6. I don't think I'll be happy with another automatic and I don't want to drop the trans ever again!

I'm getting the swap from Advanced Automotion in Texas. Scott is the owner and he is very easy to deal with and knowledgeable.

Thanks for all the input!

Sounds like trans to me. I had a water contamination from the radiator so water in trans and oil in engione coolant. Pulled everything out myself and rebuilt turbos and did all gaskets and seals while engine out. Trans had bad sensors and packs where slipping. Rebuilt all for $2600 kiwi but i did all the grunt work myself. Sourced parts from CTSC in the US. Cheaper ZF parts there than here.
    If you have Rosstech VCDS you can measure all sensors for trans in the trans area and log while driving. This will give you readings from input and output sensors and define the source of the fault as it is happening. Worked well for em as I could log data and review at my liesure. Helps if you have a tame ZF tranny expert on call 2 kilometers from home though.