Thread: Transmission fetish

Transmission fetish

Ok, purchased my second 5HP24A GAG and I still don't know what I am doing. Got a VIN from 905150. Totalled in SAC. Anyone have any docs on this car? Supposedly new trans in 08 or 09 but dealers don't talk to each other regarding service docs. Any ideas?

Thanks all

Greg

what do you wanna do with it? refurbish it or use it directly to swap yours? I would refurbish it, i wouldn't feel very comfortable to install it without overhauling it!
    Ex.: 2004 Audi RS6 C5 ABT, Milltek non-resonated, 19" RS4 B7 rims, RNS-E - SOLD
    2004 AUdi RS6 C5, SE exhaust, RNS-E, 19' original rims - SOLD
    Now :2009 Audi RS6 C6 - stock yet pretty fast

FWIW - I am pretty sure the dealer service records are centralized. When I got my car (private party), a friendly Audi franchise employee was able to get me the full service records. He worked at a dealership in another state that had never serviced this particular car.

I'd like to get an extra trans to have rebuilt by Tozo, let me know when you want to get rid of one of those. I've been wondering about other wear issues though, that might not be covered in a standard rebuild. Are there any?, say if the trans was beat to crap, worn gears? I'm tempted just to wait until mine goes and send it out, be without the car two months, since I know the trans functions great otherwise. Anything to look out for when buying a trans with bad clutch packs, seals, yadayada....?

Shouldn't you have titled the thread Tranny Fetish?...just for kicks...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by kday View Post
    FWIW - I am pretty sure the dealer service records are centralized. When I got my car (private party), a friendly Audi franchise employee was able to get me the full service records. He worked at a dealership in another state that had never serviced this particular car.
    +1
    With the VIN the current owner of the car should be able to get the records. This was the case when I bought mine, I had the dealer go to his local dealership to get them
    -Greg
    2003 RS6

Quote Originally Posted by 905084 View Post
    Ok, purchased my second 5HP24A GAG and I still don't know what I am doing. Got a VIN from 905150. Totalled in SAC. Anyone have any docs on this car? Supposedly new trans in 08 or 09 but dealers don't talk to each other regarding service docs. Any ideas?

Thanks all

Greg
    PM'ed you the RS6 Username
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

This is what I need to find. Been trying to get info on this trans with the VIN and service records for a couple of other RS's I'm looking at (wife will kill me) but they only seem to have records for the cars they have serviced. Audi service reps have been great, but trying to find the right dealer that the car was serviced at seems impossible.

The internal Audi software used to get the service history is called ElsaWeb. They probably aren't supposed to share it.

The internal Audi software used to get the service history is called ElsaWeb. They probably aren't supposed to share it.
    I tried to get records on my car which was serviced over the border in another state previously (MASS actually)...the service advisor said if it wasn't serviced here then he couldn't get the records from another dealer.

Pretty sure that was aload of lazy crap. I'll have to throw in 'dontcha have ElsaWeb?' next time I go by this dealer. if you are the owner of the car then why not share the info regarding its service history? Mercedes-Benz does it all the time, even if you aren't the present owner.
    SOLD ! 2003 RS6 Mugello/Silver -MTM
    2001 allroad 6-speed (300K+), 1992 Mercedes-Benz 500E, 2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK63, 2010 BMW X3, 1986 16V Scirocco, 2005 Mercedes E55 Wagon

Records for most cars don't matter too much, but on these cars, the value of the maintenance done can be well over half the value of the total vehicle. That being said, on the prowl for another Ozzie....I think I must be sick.

I am the second owner of my car. The original owner's dealer was unresponsive to a request for the service history. A quick note to AoA fixed that. They "asked" the dealer to provide the entire service history. Automagically, I had a new best friend. Every page was faxed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by 905084 View Post
    Records for most cars don't matter too much, but on these cars, the value of the maintenance done can be well over half the value of the total vehicle. That being said, on the prowl for another Ozzie....I think I must be sick.
    With any luck one will always be running! I've thought the same, seeing some nice ones around $20k, a black one to go with the blue maybe....
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com