Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 01E Manual Swap process begins

Quote Originally Posted by kismetcapitan View Post
    if only the ABS and traction control issues were solved - I would have done this swap already.
    I am pretty sure that Raven has theirs functioning.. might want to contact them. Just haven't eliminated the dummy lights. For me I don't care about traction control. Just ABS.
    03 RS6 | Daytona Gray on black | KW V3 | Rotiform 19x10 Wheels | REVO ECU | MTM TCU | 170k miles and counting..
    "Some people play hard to get... I play hard to want."

So you bagged the solenoid bypass? Still loving mine as opposed to dropping the motor.

Quote Originally Posted by 905084 View Post
    So you bagged the solenoid bypass? Still loving mine as opposed to dropping the motor.
    Yea. It works 70% of the time. seems when cold, it will go to trans limp mode. Then hot, back to normal driving. Maybe my resistor is just a tad too low, and when hot the resistance goes up enough?
    03 RS6 | Daytona Gray on black | KW V3 | Rotiform 19x10 Wheels | REVO ECU | MTM TCU | 170k miles and counting..

I don't know... sorry about that. Mine still works well enough to not warrant pulling the trans.

Good stuff. I think Raven does have their ABS module still out of the picture. Check when yo have time. I'm pretty sure they are running an EPL tune on it.
    03 RS6 :: 01 allroad

Quote Originally Posted by alrightroad View Post
    Good stuff. I think Raven does have their ABS module still out of the picture. Check when yo have time. I'm pretty sure they are running an EPL tune on it.
    They are for sure running the EPL tune. Its great..

Quote Originally Posted by 905084 View Post
    I don't know... sorry about that. Mine still works well enough to not warrant pulling the trans.
    A random note: So I figured out the irregularity of starting in trans safe mode or not.. it seems if i go from full off to crank, no safe mode. If i do ignition on, let everything come to life, then crank, I get safe mode. At least I have options ?

I put together an entire list of items and Shokan tokenized the package for me, 01E w/ about 68k miles. Appx bout $3k in donor goodies.... The 6spd swap was next on the list for my Nemo4.2 after the RS6 body conversion (all of which I have sitting around, now that the target car is no longer alive).

Any updates on the swap?
    2013 Audi S8

Quote Originally Posted by ttboost View Post
    Any updates on the swap?
    Time, new business, budget and logistics have delayed the start. Car is driving pretty well with 905084's solenoid jumper trick. I expect to begin surgery sometime in January. Raven still has not completed their parts/testing, and I have been speaking with Steve about maybe having him come out to help me do my swap using his kit.

Quote Originally Posted by kismetcapitan View Post
    if only the ABS and traction control issues were solved - I would have done this swap already.
    Random off-topic, but kismetcapitan, are you from Kismet?

Quote Originally Posted by Kgnast View Post
    I put together an entire list of items and Shokan tokenized the package for me, 01E w/ about 68k miles. Appx bout $3k in donor goodies.... The 6spd swap was next on the list for my Nemo4.2 after the RS6 body conversion (all of which I have sitting around, now that the target car is no longer alive).
    That's actually not too terrible, for all of the horror stories I hear of Shokan fleecing everybody on parts.

I actually love the folks at Shokan.... They've saved me a ton of money over the many years... But we all have our own experiences w different vendors, etc. To date, they've done me no wrong.

How about now?
    2013 Audi S8

Next week, should start pulling apart the donor car Then I have to wait for one of Kens kits.

Any progress on this movement?

sub'd for results!
    -Patrick // 06 Frontier SE 6spd // Mods: a few... // Uprev Tuned @ Z1 Motorsports: 257whp & 292ft-lbs
    09 G8 GXP 6M // All stock other than tint

Just waiting for Ken's full kit. I mentioned it in another thread, but I actually decided to start an Audi service and tuning shop. Yes, I'm crazy It just happened to work out while my lease is up at my small location (wholesale auto dealer/exporter) and came upon a acquaintance who happened to be a master Audi tech, and had worked at GMG on some huge projects, and was looking to branch out on his own. The stars aligned and I found a much larger location 1 mile from my house, and this new monster was born. Our main focus will be engine swaps, widebody/avant conversions, etc.

SO with that said, we are slightly delayed with the move, and getting setup in the shop. This is a priority project.. will get pics ASAP. Steve is just waiting to get a flywheel in from his supplier, unless I can source another.

Any updates???
    2013 Audi S8