Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sometimes....I could push Crazy off a cliff and not look back....

Anything special to pay attention to with installing the yellows...? I have a new set I bought last December in prep for new brakes. Brake job had been waiting on the Phaeton duct gp debacle...
    -Greg
    2003 RS6

Quote Originally Posted by ThrillHouse View Post
    Anything special to pay attention to with installing the yellows...? I have a new set I bought last December in prep for new brakes. Brake job had been waiting on the Phaeton duct gp debacle...
    Just make sure everything is clean so the pads can slide nicely. Check on the pads every now and then to make sure they're not falling apart
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Back to the OP topic.

I got a little more enthused about the car again after reading posts, I went out and got the needle to swing just past 160. God this thing is nuts.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

I guess I've been fortunate...other than blowing the alternator, not much has gone wrong, and most of the money I've sunk into the Silver Bullet has been in mods. I still need to do the injector O-rings...I'm now certain that that is the cause of the occasional smell of raw fuel when the car is cold - it's only coming from one injector, but in a turbocharged car, you want every bit of fuel metered out to reach the cylinder. Running lean kills motors!

But beyond that, this has been one of my most reliable cars I've owned. Really. I've done 15,000 miles in my first year owning her and she's about to hit the 100K mark.
    Last edited by kismetcapitan; September 9th, 2012 at 21:28.
    Das Silberkugel - Eurocharged Stage 2/MTM/Level 10/Hotchkis/Koni/H&R
    2015 Ducati 1299S Panigale
    2014 Ducati Multistrada Granturismo

Kismet, better idea. If you have 3 days to not have the beast, sent them to mr injector. They will completely refurbish them.

Quote Originally Posted by 4everRS View Post
    Back to the OP topic.

....got the needle to swing just past 160. God this thing is nuts.

Wowza- God this driver is nuts---LOL
    210K miles rolled

Quote Originally Posted by kismetcapitan View Post
    I guess I've been fortunate...other than blowing the alternator, not much has gone wrong, and most of the money I've sunk into the Silver Bullet has been in mods. I still need to do the injector O-rings...I'm now certain that that is the cause of the occasional smell of raw fuel when the car is cold - it's only coming from one injector, but in a turbocharged car, you want every bit of fuel metered out to reach the cylinder. Running lean kills motors!

But beyond that, this has been one of my most reliable cars I've owned. Really. I've done 15,000 miles in my first year owning her and she's about to hit the 100K mark.
    Called it!
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Quote Originally Posted by MaxRS6 View Post
    Wowza- God this driver is nuts---LOL
    Haha. You should talk! (well, type I guess)

Quote Originally Posted by 4everRS View Post
    Kismet, better idea. If you have 3 days to not have the beast, sent them to mr injector. They will completely refurbish them.
    good advice. these days the car gets driven maybe once a week. Unless it's REALLY raining hard, I'm on my bikes.

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    Called it!
    you did, solving a mystery that has been plaguing my car in cold weather, particularly since it would NEVER do it in front of a mechanic. much gratitude for that!!

Quote Originally Posted by kismetcapitan View Post
    you did, solving a mystery that has been plaguing my car in cold weather, particularly since it would NEVER do it in front of a mechanic. much gratitude for that!!

No worries, we are all here to help and poke fun at other owners...
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared